Toddler advice thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah when you look at her she thin, just a pot belly that's tiny
But is heavy it weight yet I can still carry her in one arm.
I just feel people judge too much that it's a dig at me as I'm overweight. My MIL is a witch when it comes to my weight & feel she judge her grandchild.

I guess her weight is fine then. I need to be off baby site groups.
I'm bigger myself and it's always been a big thing I've been paranoid about.
We took my second to the doctors when she was almost 1.
She's always been on the 90th+ percentile as I said before and she was born at 11lb.

My partner is slim. Both of us went to the appointment.
The doctor the whole time, whenever he mentioned her being 90th percentile, would look at me and speak only to me.
Talking about what to give her to eat, meals ect. All looking at me.
As if it's all my fault.
I may just be paranoid but with everything else, he addressed us both.
Can guarantee if she wasn't on the top end of the percentiles, it wouldn't be directed at me.
He also used the "We need to be setting examples to our children when eating"
Which I'm pretty sure was his way of telling me to lose weight 😂

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
New thread suggestions please ladies x

I’m thinking: Toddler Advice Thread #2 - Terrible Twos sending us mad, sweet & innocent are they really that bad?

That was rubbish. Doesn’t fit all parents 😂😂😂😂

OR

Toddler Advice #2 - We don’t bite but our toddlers might

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yeah when you look at her she thin, just a pot belly that's tiny
But is heavy it weight yet I can still carry her in one arm.
I just feel people judge too much that it's a dig at me as I'm overweight. My MIL is a witch when it comes to my weight & feel she judge her grandchild.

I guess her weight is fine then. I need to be off baby site groups.
My FIL constantly comments on my daughter’s weight. “Has she put on a lot of weight?” “Oh she looks chubby” “it won’t hurt her to do some walking”

I just brush it off - I think it’s good for babies and toddlers to carry some weight because they need it as they’re growing constantly and if they get ill they tend not to eat so their extra weight is a bit of a saviour to them.

my daughter is deceptively heavy and we call her the little kettle bell but I am fine with it, I know she’s also very strong and healthy. The one thing I have committed to is not calling her heavy in front of her, I say I’m not feeling very strong today for a carry so that she doesn’t start to think her weight is something bad.

Reactions: 5
Found my way here from the pregnancy thread 😇

I am 34 weeks pregnant and have a 2 year old and although he has always been somewhat attached to me it’s gotten significantly worse in the last few months. He never wants to go to his dad if he’s upset and it’s gotten to the point that if he wakes in the night he absolutely freaks out if his dad goes to comfort him, to the point even when we bring him into our bed he can’t handle being next to his dad and so my husband gets relegated to the couch which is so not ok in my books.

It’s not like they don’t get along they play all the time and do trips to hardwares stores, parks and the library etc.
this is making me super nervous for having to deal with an upset toddler who only wants me and a newborn ☹

Any tips or advice for how to overcome this stage? We held firm for dad doing bedtime tonight normally we take turns going into the bedroom to comfort, and it was an hour of screaming and I really don’t like how hard it is my husband to be rejected like that

• Sad
Reactions: 1

I am 34 weeks pregnant and have a 2 year old and although he has always been somewhat attached to me it’s gotten significantly worse in the last few months. He never wants to go to his dad if he’s upset and it’s gotten to the point that if he wakes in the night he absolutely freaks out if his dad goes to comfort him, to the point even when we bring him into our bed he can’t handle being next to his dad and so my husband gets relegated to the couch which is so not ok in my books.

It’s not like they don’t get along they play all the time and do trips to hardwares stores, parks and the library etc.
this is making me super nervous for having to deal with an upset toddler who only wants me and a newborn ☹

Any tips or advice for how to overcome this stage? We held firm for dad doing bedtime tonight normally we take turns going into the bedroom to comfort, and it was an hour of screaming and I really don’t like how hard it is my husband to be rejected like that
My daughter went through the same thing, it’s really hard to deal with whichever parent you are. He didn’t take it very well as it’s not very nice to deal with but it is just a phase - a horrible one but he’ll come out the other side.

when baby comes along you might find the bond between your husband and toddler gets much stronger as the balance shifts a bit with what you *need* to do for your infant vs what your toddler *wants* you to do for them - dad will come in very handy for that ☺and Become more popular again 😆

Reactions: 1

I also have a clingy 2 year old. Personally, I would indulge him even though I can appreciate that you’re probably exhausted and it is hard. Just let him sleep with you for a while - this, too shall pass.

You’re just about to have another baby, your son’s world is about to change, he can sense that and he needs reassurance - that’s why he’s so clingy. I co-sleep with my toddler. They don’t stay in your bed forever and I personally believe that it helps to create emotional security.

In the UK we have this big emphasis on autonomy. But a 2 year old is still a baby really.

New thread here 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.