Toddler advice thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe it’s the milkshake upsetting his tummy? You could mention that to MIL and ask her to swap it out for something else? See if that helps at all?
He won’t be obsessed with it at all, don’t worry. If anything, he’ll probably be sick of it!
I did think that but it happens when he has a fruit shoot as well 😥😥 I think it’s the fish fingers

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
We’ll my fella isn’t on my side either. He won’t offend her and also he doesn’t see the problem. But a happy meal with a milkshake twice a week for me is excessive. It’s just the fact he has a bad tummy after it as well. Clearly doesn’t agree with him. I always make a point of letting her know he’s had a bad tummy 🤯. I can’t help but worry about it. Roll on September 😂. Also I don’t want him to get obsessed with it 😶
McDonald’s goes through all of us! I don’t know why we do it. I mean, I do because it’s one day a week when I can’t be arsed to argue about dinner 😂
Can you pack him a lunchbox?

Reactions: 4
Can I ask how often your little ones have McDonald’s. If ever …
If I get a mcds breakfast I get her the sausage part and hash brown. She won’t eat normal McDonald’s (main meals etc, she hates beige food😂 so an easy tea with chicken nuggets are out the question) btw my daughter is 2.5. It’s very rare she eats any sort of takeaway cos she doesn’t like the taste.

Reactions: 1
Can I ask how often your little ones have McDonald’s. If ever …
My son has it once a week on a Monday after gymnastics class (providing hes been good) he loves the nuggets (eats all 4) and eats probably half of the chips. Obviously obsessed with the toys he collects too 😂 hes 3 in September and probably only been having them weekly for last 2 months. He has a really good diet otherwise, and is soo active so I’m not concerned. We all like a treat every now and again 😋 also hes never had any other kid of takeaway/fast food. He just likes the novelty of an ‘old macdonalds’ as he calls it 😂

Thanks everyone for you replies. I do feel a little better !! I guess it’s not for much longer .. I can grin and bare it. I just don’t wanna rock the boat. She is a drama queen and will take huff with me if I say something.

Me and my boyfriend are taking my son to the air show this weekend, not super close just a bit close so he can see the airplanes, he loves airplanes 🤣 but wanted to get some headphones for him in case it’s a bit loud for him, is there any anyone would recommend? Thanks in advance!!

Me and my boyfriend are taking my son to the air show this weekend, not super close just a bit close so he can see the airplanes, he loves airplanes 🤣 but wanted to get some headphones for him in case it’s a bit loud for him, is there any anyone would recommend? Thanks in advance!!
We’ve never found good kids ones, they just use my husbands normal ear defenders! Absolutely huge but do the job (for fireworks usually)

• Heart
We've had these for a year and a half now and I think they're good 😊
Would definitely recommend.

They do them in lots of colours

Attachments

Twice a month at most.

Sorry thought you misred my post.
I think McDonald’s just had bad connotations associated. The chips aren’t actually salted anymore and fish fingers woukdnt be sniffed at at nursery etc. whereas a burger twice a week would be different. I think it depends what they are being fed x
Are you sure the chips aren’t salted. They really taste like they are 😳

Twice a month at most.

I think McDonald’s just had bad connotations associated. The chips aren’t actually salted anymore and fish fingers woukdnt be sniffed at at nursery etc. whereas a burger twice a week would be different. I think it depends what they are being fed x
No I didn’t misread haha I was saying for me I think twice a week is excessive as she takes him twice a week sometimes ☹

McDonald’s goes through all of us! I don’t know why we do it. I mean, I do because it’s one day a week when I can’t be arsed to argue about dinner 😂
Can you pack him a lunchbox?
I tried the lunchbox and she claimed he wouldn’t eat it … but I know that’s bollocks. She’s a weirdo and a control freak she has to have things her way

Twice a month at most.

The chips are definitely salted - you can see the salt grains on them!

I think it depends which branch as some add it and some don’t! I sometimes have to add it myself
As per the brand guidelines they are supposed to dust the fries with salt as standard. If you request fries with no salt you have to wait for a fresh batch to cook and they take a portion out before salting

Hi all long term lurker just looking for a bit of advice really.
I have a recently turned 2 year old who still isn't talking has anyone had any experience with this? he will be starting nursery soon and I’m hoping this will help him a lot. its just worrying me a lot but HV etc have said not to worry. He is being sent for a hearing test but I am 99% sure that it’s fine.
I suppose I’m just worried if there is an overall problem also with the lack of speech he has never pointed or waved. If he wants things he brings them over etc. he claps his hands and babbles just no real words. He’s very smiley and does give eye contact unless he is distracted in something. He’s an excellent sleeper, was a fantastic eater as a baby but since about 18m has become fussier although I can live with that. The other thing is he is quite expressive with his hands at times but Im not sure if that’s because he can’t speak he is showing excitement the way.
Any thoughts, am I over thinking? Google isnt very helpful!

Hi all long term lurker just looking for a bit of advice really.
I have a recently turned 2 year old who still isn't talking has anyone had any experience with this? he will be starting nursery soon and I’m hoping this will help him a lot. its just worrying me a lot but HV etc have said not to worry. He is being sent for a hearing test but I am 99% sure that it’s fine.
I suppose I’m just worried if there is an overall problem also with the lack of speech he has never pointed or waved. If he wants things he brings them over etc. he claps his hands and babbles just no real words. He’s very smiley and does give eye contact unless he is distracted in something. He’s an excellent sleeper, was a fantastic eater as a baby but since about 18m has become fussier although I can live with that. The other thing is he is quite expressive with his hands at times but Im not sure if that’s because he can’t speak he is showing excitement the way.
Any thoughts, am I over thinking? Google isnt very helpful!
Hi, has he had his 2 year check yet from health visitor ? Mention it to them or you can ask referral to ADHD. If it helps my son is 3 and doesn’t say a right lot he’s getting there slowly. X
Sorry just reread it and seen about HV. If they’re not worried o probs wouldn’t worry

Hi, has he had his 2 year check yet from health visitor ? Mention it to them or you can ask referral to ADHD. If it helps my son is 3 and doesn’t say a right lot he’s getting there slowly. X
Sorry just reread it and seen about HV. If they’re not worried o probs wouldn’t worry
Thank you. It’s so hard to know what to do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.