Toddler Advice Thread #6 Christmas is coming, as are the illnesses

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh bless her!! Are school doing much? We have 2 activities before school breaks up and school goes to nursery for a morning.
It’s a hard one isn’t it, because you want to get them ready and for them to understand but equally, its months til they go and they're not old enough to comprehend time!
Yeah we have a parents evening next week where I hope we get a welcome pack with more info and then a stay and play the week after. They will have a 2 hour settling in session in July there before they break up too. They might be visiting in her preschool too. Hopefully it will sort itself in the next few weeks. It is really hard for her to understand that it’s not happening that soon so she’s out of sorts.

I’ve been trying really hard not to scare her like @WeHadFunRight says so it’s really frustrating to hear that her preschool are doing the opposite.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any recommendations for multi vitamins? Toddler gravy is constantly unwell with nursery (I know that's to be expected but I'm so close to losing my job over time off) she doesn't eat well she's so fussy so I'm wondering if a multivitamin would be worth it 🤔 I will try anything at this point.

3rd sickness bug in 4 months amongst all the high temps 🙃

Does anyone have any recommendations for multi vitamins? Toddler gravy is constantly unwell with nursery (I know that's to be expected but I'm so close to losing my job over time off) she doesn't eat well she's so fussy so I'm wondering if a multivitamin would be worth it 🤔 I will try anything at this point.

3rd sickness bug in 4 months amongst all the high temps 🙃
the only one I can get into my 3yo (who is AWFUL at taking any medicine etc) is the Peppa Pig chewy multi vitamin. We call them her “Peppa sweeties” and she takes them after her daily medicine. I’ve compared the vitamin levels to quite a few of the other brands and they surprisingly meet the minimum recommendations which is good!

Reactions: 3
We take the Tesco kids chewable vitamins and also Optibac prebiotic gummies. Can't say I've noticed her getting ill less but I feel like I am at least trying :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
the only one I can get into my 3yo (who is AWFUL at taking any medicine etc) is the Peppa Pig chewy multi vitamin. We call them her “Peppa sweeties” and she takes them after her daily medicine. I’ve compared the vitamin levels to quite a few of the other brands and they surprisingly meet the minimum recommendations which is good!
We used to give those ones and I also give my eldest these ones (softies), plus their iron + vitamin C gummy

Amazon product

Definitely try a multivitamin and probiotics. We’ve noticed less severe illnesses since we started these.

Every time I think we’ve cracked sleep my toddler decides to wake up in the middle of the night and choose violence 🥲🥲🥲

• Sad
We took the side off my 2 yo cot recently, haven’t had a full nights sleep in weeks.

Just passed the two hour mark on tonight’s debacle which is quite good going 🫠

• Heart
I’ve actually given up on my toddler. She’s either up all night, in with me or up at dawn. Never ever does she sleep well! We’ve started giving her a magnesium supplement that does seem to be helping a little bit.

• Sad
Guess who’s back, back again….
---
I’ve actually given up on my toddler. She’s either up all night, in with me or up at dawn. Never ever does she sleep well! We’ve started giving her a magnesium supplement that does seem to be helping a little bit.
Thats how we are at the minute. I’m utterly exhausted 😴

Has anyone got an recommendations for a toddler tower?

LO is 15.5 months and I know they're not recommended under 18 months but his motor skills are really good and he's getting bored sitting in his playpen whilst I cook. I'd like one he can get into himself but that has 3 solid sides (so we can push the side he gets into up to the counter and he can't fall out). He's very active and very impulsive so I don't think one of the ones with open sides would end well even with supervision. Would love one that folds up and has maybe a blackboard or something on the side to play with too but not the most important aspect.

ETA - I wanted this one https://learningtowers.co.uk/produc...46106&pr_ref_pid=7391668961466&pr_seq=uniform but OH said no - max budget £70 as that's how much he reckons it would take to make one himself!

LO is 15.5 months and I know they're not recommended under 18 months but his motor skills are really good and he's getting bored sitting in his playpen whilst I cook. I'd like one he can get into himself but that has 3 solid sides (so we can push the side he gets into up to the counter and he can't fall out). He's very active and very impulsive so I don't think one of the ones with open sides would end well even with supervision. Would love one that folds up and has maybe a blackboard or something on the side to play with too but not the most important aspect.

ETA - I wanted this one https://learningtowers.co.uk/produc...46106&pr_ref_pid=7391668961466&pr_seq=uniform but OH said no - max budget £70 as that's how much he reckons it would take to make one himself!
why don’t you get him to make one himself then?

Over your budget but I got this one off etsy https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1062254339/kids-kitchen-tower-3in1-learning-step in Nov 22 so my eldest would of been 16 months and we use it every day. He can push it around, put it up and down himself and loves the wee table to eat or play on. Such a worthwhile buy for us but does mean he can help himself to the fridge and drinks orange juice straight out the carton and nibbles the cheese 🤣

I don’t know if this is a daft question but looking at booking a holiday in sept but my son will be using his funded hours by then. Are you allowed to just take them away during then/does his space get taking off him/do i pay for that week?

I don’t know if this is a daft question but looking at booking a holiday in sept but my son will be using his funded hours by then. Are you allowed to just take them away during then/does his space get taking off him/do i pay for that week?
You’ll just pay for that week, unfortunately you always have to pay for nursery even if they don’t go.

My inlaws bought a bamboo one for us that was from Amazon. It's currently listed at £65. I wouldn't recommend it though. The toddler has slipped on the steps a couple of times and also pulled it onto himself the other day. That was his own fault though. I'd told him not to swing on the bar and he did and the tower leaned over with the weight and fell over. Fortunately he was hurt but it definitely scared him. Threenagers 🙄 Think they know everything!

Have you looked on fb marketplace? I know a few people that have got one from there!