Toddler Advice Thread #6 Christmas is coming, as are the illnesses

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My inlaws bought a bamboo one for us that was from Amazon. It's currently listed at £65. I wouldn't recommend it though. The toddler has slipped on the steps a couple of times and also pulled it onto himself the other day. That was his own fault though. I'd told him not to swing on the bar and he did and the tower leaned over with the weight and fell over. Fortunately he was hurt but it definitely scared him. Threenagers 🙄 Think they know everything!
I think it’s probably the same one we’ve got

We actually love it though. One of our best purchases. Our toddler finds it easy to climb and she also now pushes it around to where she wants to go 😅

We had an expensive Little Helper Funpod solid sided one before this and I hated it. It was always in the way, really heavy and somehow seemed enormous in our relatively large kitchen.

I think it’s probably the same one we’ve got

We actually love it though. One of our best purchases. Our toddler finds it easy to climb and she also now pushes it around to where she wants to go 😅

We had an expensive Little Helper Funpod solid sided one before this and I hated it. It was always in the way, really heavy and somehow seemed enormous in our relatively large kitchen.
That's the one! Tried to add a link but it wouldn't work 🙄

Wow I’ve never seen anything like these! They look fantastic - what has caught my eye is standing up at the sink etc. His little stool is still not high enough so washing his hands or getting him involved is nigh on impossible at the moment. This looks incredible!

I've seen his DIY efforts ;)
---

Yeah, had a look, nothing we like/want on there atm unfortunately. Not sure if I'm searching for the wrong terms but very few actually came up.
Mine is great, very sturdy although I didn’t know they weren’t meant for under 18 months 😂 I can’t actually see the make but it’s like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/33460754...486&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

got it off fb, you could also try searching for kitchen helper?

I have to say that Olivia Lactation consultant shared a hack to make your own and it looks like a f*cking death trap. Usually love her tbh but think she best stick to BF tips 🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I got a kitchen helper with visions of Julia Andrews making bread or cakes like a scene from the sound of music or Mary Poppins! My child used it as leverage to pull themselves up onto counter top or would electively find different ways to climb out of it - head first of course!

Reactions: 5
I got a kitchen helper with visions of Julia Andrews making bread or cakes like a scene from the sound of music or Mary Poppins! My child used it as leverage to pull themselves up onto counter top or would electively find different ways to climb out of it - head first of course!
This would also be my child 😩😂

I have to say that Olivia Lactation consultant shared a hack to make your own and it looks like a f*cking death trap. Usually love her tbh but think she best stick to BF tips 🫣
Aha I love her. She’s bonkers (in a good way!)

Oh god this is 100% going to be my little whirlwind

Oh god this is 100% going to be my little whirlwind
Mine doesn’t do that but she is an occasional thrower. She was being very cute recently and “helping” me to make dinner and before I knew it she’d flung a china bowl with veg peelings onto the tiles 🤨

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Anybody else’s toddler just won’t sleep? My 17 month old now is worse now than when she was a tiny baby. She just won’t sleep wakes up in the night and she’s wide awake for hours. Any advice? It’s every night and I’ve absolutely had enough 😫

Anybody else’s toddler just won’t sleep? My 17 month old now is worse now than when she was a tiny baby. She just won’t sleep wakes up in the night and she’s wide awake for hours. Any advice? It’s every night and I’ve absolutely had enough 😫
my son went through this phase, it was awful. We have an iPad and put dancing fruits on YouTube. That would get him back to sleep with some extra milk

There is a brutal regression around this time where they have split nights. It lasted 6 weeks for me and is by far the one regression I’ve really been dreading this time. He’s now turned 17 months so I’m just living in fear.
If it’s any consolation my first was a terrible sleeper so that didn’t help with the length of it. All I can say is although it doesn’t feel like it, it does end.

• Heart
Today my little one seemed to have taken off his shoe and dropped it on the ground without me seeing. I’m an overly sentimental person and it was his first pair of proper shoes. I’m gutted and kicking myself for not realising. We went back out and re did the whole walk but couldn’t see it. I know little ones drop things out of prams all the time and lose things etc but it was the fact it was from his first pair of shoes that I’m so upset by. 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Any advice or must haves/dos/reads for potty training?
The only thing that worked for us was bribing with stickers. Do a wee in the potty get a small sticker, do a poo get a big sticker 😂 We found asking him every 5-10 mins if he wanted to go helped with accidents. Plus I bought him Marvel pants and said to him that Hulk wouldn't be happy if he weed or pooped on his face so he had to make sure he went on the potty, even if he didn't think he needed to 😬🤣

Any advice or must haves/dos/reads for potty training?
We kept the potty in the toilet downstairs - yes a mad run at first but they soon learn they have to make it. (As oppose to a potty that moves around with them and then they have to learn to make it - drags it out imo).
Pants but no trousers at first. Then when they inevitably wee in their pants at first, they realise it’s not the same as weeing in their nappy.
Buy lots of pants 😂😂 and I say this mainly because you’ll be stuck to their side for a day or two and so getting the washing done is about the same hurdle as it is with a newborn!