Toddler Advice Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d go above the teacher and speak to the head. Is that something you’d want to do. I’m certainly tell them your daughter is saying it’s just 1 boy and that the teacher is dismissing jt

Reactions: 5
Awful! You do not expect a teacher, especially a reception teacher to speak to you like that!!
Id definitely go to the other teacher. And just explain that you understand she can be sensitive, but it’s more than her just being sensitive. She believes this child is hurting her, and that’s all that counts

Reactions: 3
I think I will do.
Like I said to my partner, it's so hard because you don't see what goes on at school, but at the same time, you also have to be their voice!

Looking forward to reading on this.

@WhatABore that teacher sounds like a dick. If my kid is crying because people are banging in to her, that’s still NOT HER FAULT! The teacher obvs can’t stop them being rambunctious little sausages, but should be more aware of Ivy’s personal space and make other kids aware of it. And not be such a dismissive twat.

Rambunctious little sausages is now what I am calling my children

Thank you mama me

@WhatABore is your daughter called ivy? When I was pregnant I was obsessed with that name and if my son was a girl ( we didn’t find out) that’s what he was gonna be called .
did it happen again today? Some teachers are so hard work.. I find some of them really rude at my sons pre school

She is, yeah
I've always loved it!
It's such a pretty name!

She said it did. However, today it did sound like a case of him being a bit crazy. She said she told the teaching assistant and he told him to calm down.
So on today's occasion, I don't know if it was a case of him actually hitting her or him just being a bit nuts.

It's so hard when you can't see what's going on!

These back to school/nursery germs are no joke. Had a cold a month ago, caught covid a fortnight ago and now my 2yo has got another cold from nursery that I’ve caught I’ve just accepted I’m gonna be ill basically all the time from now until March

Reactions: 6
My daughter is 3, nearly 4 so not a toddler but still preschool so I think this is the most appropriate thread. She has a full vocab and speaks well, but recently she has been very whingey and the constant phrase is “I want Daddy” and it’s driving me mad. She hurts herself, she wants daddy, daddy is in the bathroom, she wants daddy, daddy isn’t home from work yet, she wants daddy.

It’s got to point that even when she’s approaching me for a cuddle, she will say “I want Daddy” even if Daddy is in the room and she could go to him. She even says “I want daddy” when she’s literally sat with him.

I mean, selfishly this makes me feel rejected even if she still seeks comfort from me which she does, she will still say I want Daddy. I don’t know if it’s her way of just saying “I need attention” or what but I wish when she was upset she would say more than “I want Daddy” because it’s really hard to work out what is going on with her. The other night she woke up at 11pm screaming “I want Daddy” - we both went rushing in and she was repeating it over and over again in tears as we tried to comfort her but she would not calm down. After nearly 40 minutes of this she finally told us she had earache and she was in a lot of pain but we had no idea because all she would say was “I want daddy” - how do we get her out of this phase!

My little girl is 3 and is going through a similar stage. She even said to my husband the other day ‘daddy I just want to sit on your knee’ when she already was 🫢 I’ve put it down to the fact a lot has changed for her lately, I had a baby 6 weeks ago, she’s spending more time at nursery, she’s not spending nights at my mum and dads like she’s used to, she’s had to adapt to routines being a bit out of sync if baby cries and my husband isn’t home etc. I find I just have to be quite firm with her as horrible as it is when they’re sobbing/worked up and tell her if daddy isn’t home she has to speak to mummy and for me to be able to help her she has to tell me what’s wrong, I always try to get her to give me a cuddle and calm down before we talk.

It’s so hard but I’m hoping it’s a stage that will pass because it’s so overwhelming at times. X

Reactions: 1
Shocking

I think I will do.
Like I said to my partner, it's so hard because you don't see what goes on at school, but at the same time, you also have to be their voice!
It's not the same thing really, but kind of is. But on the bullies thread I mentioned I was bullied by my teacher which has caused me so much upset in my adult life. Lack of confidence etc. I did tell my parents he bullied me and they did confront him on parents evening but of course he charmed them and made them think I was 'over reacting or being sensitive' Some teachers aren't fit to be teachers and like to see kids suffer- obviously I know not all of them are like this. But I'm with you on the mindset of being their voice because it's a scary world for kids to find their voice in a world of adults. Lots of love xxx

Reactions: 4
This is the thing too, I was bullied right from when I moved schools in year 1. I remember so clearly, the kids laughing at me and calling me fat on my first day and my Mum did nothing.
So I guess I'm already really sensitive to it I guess and want to make sure the same things don't happen to her

You are a fantastic mum xxxxx

Reactions: 2
For the Mummies with 12-18ish month olds.
How much are they saying?

I'm not concerned because she was walking fully at 10 months and I know it tends to be if they're ahead in 1 thing, they tend to be slower at the other.
I'm more curious really.
Had a little look back at my 4yo and she was saying all her animals and everything by now. Google says 20 words apparently by 18 months.
There's no chance she says 20 and nothing clear

Again, not worried at all, more so curious

mines 13 months and says 2 words, he’s just started walking so I think he’s been focusing on that before talking but idk

TMe is only a few weeks younger and he has been slower to start talking too. He can say about 12 - 15 things I would think- but some of them are not overly clear eg he says “baa” for ball, “na” for snack. Then some are much better - nana for banana (although he can say ba so why doesn’t he?!) night night, bye bye. A real mix of clear words and not so clear at all.
He has definitely been our latest talker, and it’s hard not to compare and worry about it.

I'm not really worried currently because I know they all develop different. I just randomly thought the other day that I don't even know when they're supposed to start talking so I googled it today.

She doesn't say anything clear apart from "Bubble" and "Ball" and "Yup" she says all the time
She tries to say "Cat" and just comes out with "t".
Bye is "Baaaaa"
And that's about it really.

She does have really good understanding of words though

Oh yes we have all the understanding here too - too much sometimes
I’m sure nobody would be surprised to know TMe’s most used word is “boo-beeeeees”

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.