To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm happy to take vaccines generally, but this is so fast and new, I wouldnt want to be on the first few runs of this one.

Reactions: 31
And where are the trusted sources? Because if you look into who's putting out the information and who funds them then you might question it...
Nothing about the whole covid 19 adds up
Definately not the one telling you it changes your DNA. People need to have a good read around. I haven't always been pro vaccine, and when researching it with my first baby found it hard to get unbiased sources but there's a lot of dangerous false info out there and that's what I see a lot of on Facebook etc.

Reactions: 14
I’m normally someone who’s all for vaccinations and anti-vaxers really wind me up..however, I personally really don’t think there’s enough research into the future side effects of the vaccine. Yes I agree that the vaccine will probably work, but in the long term we don’t know how it will impact people. As I’m only young I’m worried that what if I get this vaccination and then it turns out in 10 years time I want to try for a baby and I’m infertile due to complications of the vaccine..I’m sorry but I don’t want to be a Guinea Pig..I think I’ll sit this vaccine out 😬😬

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I’ll be taking it.

I can’t wait to get travelling again. It’s a must.

People absolutely have the right to refuse vaccination but companies also have the right to refuse to serve those who don’t have a valid vaccination status. So if people are refusing to take it then they have no right to kick up fuss when airlines and other services refuse their business 🤷🏻‍♀️ No-one is making them have the vaccine but they may miss out on things going forward. Or have choices limited.

Reactions: 31
I’ve been offered the COVID-19 vaccine at work. I work in a care home so it’s being offered alongside our residents. We have to let them know if we want it so one can be ordered for us.. but I’m in two minds!

What would you do? And why?
I work as a support worker in supported living and I will be having it! They won’t approve something that isn’t safe!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
No definitely not!

Qantas have also already said they'll refuse travel to any passenger who hasn't had it, a lot of airlines will follow suit.
That's fine, can't afford any big holidays any more due to covid anyway.

Plus. air travel has sucked big time since 9/11, it's such a hassle now. Plenty of nice things to see in Scotland instead, once Nicola opens the borders back up.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That's fine, can't afford any big holidays any more due to covid anyway.

Plus. air travel has sucked big time since 9/11, it's such a hassle now. Plenty of nice things to see in Scotland instead, once Nicola opens the borders back up.
Ah crack on. Coming from a Scottish girl, you can have my holidays there. I personally would rather be abroad :ROFLMAO: too wet and cold.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Personally for me , I wouldn’t unless absolutely necessary
I’ve seen too many nurses who had the swine flu vaccine that also got rushed out and developed serious side effects to the point where they have to leave nursing and be cared at from home

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
I ticked no - but what I mean is I’m not sure.

I think I will have it. I will not allow my children to have it until further down the line.

I am not an anti vaxxer, but this seems pretty rushed

Reactions: 16
I'm happy to take vaccines generally, but this is so fast and new, I wouldn't want to be on the first few runs of this one.
Trouble is which one, isn't there 3 at the moment?

I'm the same, I will have the Vaccine but later on when there is more Data available.

Reactions: 6
No, not right now. My husband works in care and has said he won't be vaccinated at the moment and his boss is "deliberating next steps". We are not against all vaccines but we are just naturally cautious and don't automatically believe people just because they wear a white coat or stand outside number 10. It seems like covid 19 isn't a major danger to most people who catch it, although every death is a huge tragedy to the victim's loved ones and we have known two people who did die, so we're just reading and thinking and not rushing to be injected.

Reactions: 20
I am not an anti vax but me and my kids are not having this vaccine just yet. Too many questions left unanswered, like what are the long term effects, d o you need a vaccine every year and how long does the vaccine last for? So for now I am happy to let other people be the lab rats and I will sit this one out. Also I think people aren't forced to have a flu jab or kids the mmr jab or pregnant woman the whooping cough vaccine which are all infectious diseases and can be deadly, so we should not be penalised if we don't have the covid vaccine.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The reasons why I will take a vaccine if offered:

- I trust science.
- I don’t want covid ideally, though I am very low risk.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Trouble is which one, isn't there 3 at the moment?

I'm the same, I will have the Vaccine but later on when there is more Data available.
Yeah, exactly that Id feel safer after a fair few years of data from it. If there was a way to make my parents safer, i want it.. but id worry about side effects.

Reactions: 4
Here's something I don't think people have considered yet.

If I get the Vaccine, I intend to take a week off work, as this is all so new there could be unforeseen complications.
As I'm a motorcycle courier I think it would be wise to take a week off mainly for my own personal safety.

In terms of testing it's not been rushed. The only thing has been all the paperwork and red tape has been removed.

Also in terms of data the figures are pretty impressive. I am a science geek but I am amazed by what can be achieved when there's unlimited funding etc.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The mRNA vaccines I wouldn't want to take until they had been taken and tested by millions of others.

The Oxford AZ defective replicant one I will take when needed to for travel.

What's missing from the testing is the long term affects and as other rushed viruses gave people serious health conditions I don't think it's crazy to be apprehensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I won’t be heading out to get it anytime soon!
mum not anti vax at all, my son who is 1 is vaccinated. However, I haven’t been particularly careful since covid started doing the rounds. Just washing my hands as normal. No gloves, no hand sanitizer, no wiping my trolley at Tesco, my son is at nursery, my hubby a pilot- working throughout and I’ve been seeing my family who are also relaxed yet sensible.
I won’t be taking a vaccination with a less than 90% success rate when my odds of surviving the virus (should I catch it) are over 99% for my age.
Without knowing of any adverse long term effects I won’t have it. This virus will go away soon enough, if you look at historical charts if every outbreak they have always followed the same patterns.
There has also been many studies showing that asymptotic people rarely spread the virus.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
No I don’t think I will as I’m
Pregnant. Might be yes if I wasn’t though

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.