To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it doesn't prove anything. I haven't said anywhere that it is correct. I think it is very harsh of people judging people for not wanting to put chemicals in their body because of concerns. Yes, I do worry more than the average person.. I always have. When I've had time to do a bit more research I probably will end up having the jab, as it is probably just hearsay like you say!
I just think it’s quite dangerous to perpetuate that it might affect fertility when there’s absolutely zero evidence to suggest it could.

Adverse reactions, I can get on board with people having concerns with but this fertility aspect, I just don’t understand. And people are saying it a lot.

Reactions: 7
100%.

My mum works within this industry and is having it this weekend.
She's reassured me that the vaccine is okay! There's no evidence regarding infertility, I'd not worry about it.

In fact, I'd not worry at all. This is important, covid is way more dangerous than the vaccine.

Reactions: 11
I just think it’s quite dangerous to perpetuate that it might affect fertility when there’s absolutely zero evidence to suggest it could.

Adverse reactions, I can get on board with people having concerns with but this fertility aspect, I just don’t understand. And people are saying it a lot.
I think that is what scares me. Where has it come from? Why do people believe it does?

Reactions: 1
Nope, too scared of long term side effects.
I don't feel enough is known about it.
What do you think of long covid? Is that something you are worried about or not? Sorry I don't want to sound mean or judge for people not choosing to have the vaccine, I think if that's your personal choice that's ok, but I do wonder why people seem to worry about long term effects of a vaccine, but not of the virus itself.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I replied to you with the full fact article (below) explaining and essentially disproving the fertility claims in the covid thread. If scientific explanations won’t calm you on this then to be honest I’m not sure what will? 🤷🏻‍♀️

It’s not mandatory so no one is forcing you. If you would rather take your chances with covid that is your prerogative. There’s about as much evidence as to whether covid effects fertility as with the vaccine.

Exactly there's 0 evidence. I'm sick of all the false info surrounding the vaccine it's dangerous and dissuades people from having something that is very important.

I think that is what scares me. Where has it come from? Why do people believe it does?
Conspiracies. Come from facebook, twitter, youtube. One person makes a bullshit post and it spreads and people fall for it.

Reactions: 9
What do you think of long covid? Is that something you are worried about or not? Sorry I don't want to sound mean or judge for people not choosing to have the vaccine, I think if that's your personal choice that's ok.
I'm not particularly worried about it, I do have asthma but I think I would rather take my chances than put something into me I don't fully understand. I am a scientist so I do have some background in things like this so it's just my opinion. I'm also pregnant so won't be able to get it even if I wanted to at the minute.
It doesn't sound mean, everyone is entitled to their opinions 😊

Reactions: 4
Because social media is a breeding ground for uneducated fools.

The people sharing it will be the same people sharing that illegal immigrant Abdul is receiving £50k a year from the government while your Nan is shivering on £10 a week.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Easy - scaremongering. The internet is a breeding ground for this sort of stuff. There are loads of people believe the earth is flat. Do you think that theory merits any consideration just because lots of idiots say its true.

Reactions: 11
Because social media is a breeding ground for uneducated fools.

The people sharing it will be the same people sharing that illegal immigrant Abdul is receiving £50k a year from the government while your Nan is shivering on £10 a week.
Also the ones who post about poppy's being banned. Year after year and fall for it every time. 🙄

Yeah for sure, but that’s not protecting anyone else but yourself? I get that people want it to prevent themselves having covid, but having it isn’t going to stop you passing it to vulnerable people. That’s why I don’t get this whole “moral duty” stance that others have said in this thread. If anything it just makes you more likely to be asymptotic and not know you have it - so probably increases you passing it on if anything 🤷‍♀️
It's not about that. The more people who get the vaccine the better off we are as a society. If my time ever comes I'll have the vaccine as then I'll be another number to add to the population who's vaccinated, it's necessary for herd immunity. Plus, by the time most of the younger, healthy people will even come to having it all the vulnerable people should have had the vaccine so that shouldn't be relevant.

The moral duty I understand in regards to social distancing and wearing a mask. That is just common decency though, why risk making someone sick or killing them when you can create a gap between yourself and others. As a society we should care about each other instead of being selfish. This pandemic has exposed many flaws within Western society, particularly the USA and UK.

I think some people may be misunderstanding but even so, there's nothing wrong with people wanting to do their bit. And at least they won't have to worry about getting sick.

Last edited:
Code of conduct 1.3 says avoid making assumptions and recognise diversity and individual choice!

The next code is all about listening to people, by responding to their preferences. Code 2.5 says respecting a persons right to accept or refuse care/treatment

I don’t think it’s irresponsible for any colleague not to take the vaccine, personal choice is a fundamental right. Some of my coworkers have already explained their valid reasons for not taking the vaccine, it’s not irresponsible when it’s relating to their personal health and wellbeing
I take all on board that you have said but your well-being is one person. If you are front line covid and working with hundreds of patients then it’s well-being of one person versus well-being of hundreds of others. Of course we should all have personal choice but we have to do everything we can to help.

Also the ones who post about poppy's being banned. Year after year and fall for it every time. 🙄

It's not about that. The more people who get the vaccine the better off we are as a society. If my time ever comes I'll have the vaccine as then I'll be another number to add to the population who's vaccinated, it's necessary for herd immunity. Plus, by the time most of the younger, healthy people will even come to having it all the vulnerable people should have had the vaccine so that shouldn't be relevant.

The moral duty I understand in regards to social distancing and wearing a mask. That is just common decency though, why risk making someone sick or killing them when you can create a gap between yourself and others. As a society we should care about each other instead of being selfish. This pandemic has exposed many flaws within Western society, particularly the USA and UK.

I think some people may be misunderstanding but even so, there's nothing wrong with people wanting to do their bit. And at least they won't have to worry about getting sick.
I couldn’t have said it better myself, thanks.

Reactions: 2
No.

I am young fit and healthy so will continue to trust my immune system to fight off a virus with a 99.9 percent survival rate. Now when this rushed vaccine has many years of long term results to read in to when I am say ten years older then I might change my mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Personally for me , I wouldn’t unless absolutely necessary
I’ve seen too many nurses who had the swine flu vaccine that also got rushed out and developed serious side effects to the point where they have to leave nursing and be cared at from home
Really ?? How many ?

Reading this thread scares me 😐 I will have to have this vaccine due to my job but knowing me I will get all the side effects, I felt tit after my flu jab 😂

I wish we knew which vaccine we were signing up to. Surely we should be given that information? We just have to sign a consent thing and get given an appointment. I’d much rather be told if it’s Pfizer or Oxford before I get it just for my own understanding.

• Heart
I wish we knew which vaccine we were signing up to. Surely we should be given that information? We just have to sign a consent thing and get given an appointment. I’d much rather be told if it’s Pfizer or Oxford before I get it just for my own understanding.
I get where you are coming from but I’d have to disagree.. when have we ever paid attention to the make of any other vaccine we have had in the past? We just get what we are given. The media and fake news outlets have hyped these vaccines so much that people are now being overskeptical about them all... either you want the vaccine or you don’t 🤷🏼‍♀️
I’m only saying this as I have had to deal with organising the vaccine delivery for the 80+ Over the past few weeks and even with them, there has been some very opinionated people who want to pick and choose (I must say 99% have just been grateful to have received a vaccine).. but it’s unfair for us health workers to deal with these opinions and I’m sure People’s sense of entitlement to know which vaccine they are getting will stronger as the people get younger...

I get where you are coming from but I’d have to disagree.. when have we ever paid attention to the make of any other vaccine we have had in the past? We just get what we are given. The media and fake news outlets have hyped these vaccines so much that people are now being overskeptical about them all... either you want the vaccine or you don’t 🤷🏼‍♀️
I’m only saying this as I have had to deal with organising the vaccine delivery for the 80+ Over the past few weeks and even with them, there has been some very opinionated people who want to pick and choose (I must say 99% have just been grateful to have received a vaccine).. but it’s unfair for us health workers to deal with these opinions and I’m sure People’s sense of entitlement to know which vaccine they are getting will stronger as the people get younger...
I get that, and I’m not saying I want to pick and chose but surely to make an informed decision and give our consent we should be told what we are being injected with? I’ve never paid much attention but I’m sure when I’ve had jabs in the past I’ve at least been told what they are - maybe not I can’t remember!

Reactions: 1
I’ll be happy to take it when it eventually comes to my turn. I’ve not long had COVID and it was very mild for me (thankfully). Some family members have already had the first dose due to work/age and like I said I will too. I get the flu jab each year from the doctor and I don’t see it as much different to be honest.

I’m taking it more because I want to go back to some normality. I want herd immunity to kick in so that restrictions can be lifted sooner. The devastation that this virus is causing to mental health is unreal and I would suggest that this will be peaking just now on top of the usual spike seen in January.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.