To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A woman I work with, she's Latvian I think. She said she doesn't want to be vaccinated with either Pfizer or AstraZeneca, because "they cause clots". I know there has been a very small number of clots with AZ vaccines.

But, she has said she will wait for the Russian vaccine and wants that one somehow even if she has to pay for it.

I personally wouldn't trust the Russian vaccine as far as I could throw it, would definitely still take Pfizer/AZ over the Russian one anyday.

Reactions: 3
A woman I work with, she's Latvian I think. She said she doesn't want to be vaccinated with either Pfizer or AstraZeneca, because "they cause clots". I know there has been a very small number of clots with AZ vaccines.

But, she has said she will wait for the Russian vaccine and wants that one somehow even if she has to pay for it.

I personally wouldn't trust the Russian vaccine as far as I could throw it, would definitely still take Pfizer/AZ over the Russian one anyday.
I had a friend who was like no chance I’m getting it if it causes clots

I was like you go through 2 packs of fags a day 😂😂🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I had a friend who was like no chance I’m getting it if it causes clots

I was like you go through 2 packs of fags a day 😂😂🙈🙈
Yeah, this woman at work is the same. She smokes these proper shite fake foreign things. I hate to think what shite is in them that's even worse than proper cigarettes. They won't do her any favours.

Reactions: 4
edit to say 9 mins in
"... provisional data from Germany, Europe and now the UK does show that there is an increase in Cerebral Sinus Vein Thrombosis, these blood clots in the veins in the brain, there's a minuscule increase in cases of those. Overall though, you're saving way, way, way, way more lives with the vaccine than these; if it does turn out to be a genuine problem. Now provisional data indicates that it is particularly younger age groups that is prone to this side effect and particularly younger women that are prone to this side effect. I don't know much about this Cerebral Sinus Vein Thrombosis because it's remarkably rare but it is associated with oral contraception. So, more data to come on that. It may be, when the vaccination programme first started and there was going to be several different vaccines what we said was "Well maybe we'll find out some vaccine is more efficacious in a particular age group and of course it was also possible that a particular vaccine might and I stress might have more side effects albeit vanishingly rare side effects in particular age groups as well. So it may be and I stress it's maybe, we don't yet know, it may be that particular vaccines are going to be given to particular age groups or not given to particular age groups based on the side effect profile, that may come. Women may be asked in the future when they go for vaccination if they are on oral contraceptive if this is found out to be a factor. So I'm not dodging it but basically we don't know yet".

Reactions: 1
edit to say 9 mins in
My mum went for her second jab yesterday. So far, she’s ok, but when she got her first one she was so poorly, I was absolutely worried sick. It went on for a week, so I’m praying that this time she won’t get any side effects. Hers was the Pfizer one...
Have you had your second one yet @monga ? X

"... provisional data from Germany, Europe and now the UK does show that there is an increase in Cerebral Sinus Vein Thrombosis, these blood clots in the veins in the brain, there's a minuscule increase in cases of those. Overall though, you're saving way, way, way, way more lives with the vaccine than these; if it does turn out to be a genuine problem. Now provisional data indicates that it is particularly younger age groups that is prone to this side effect and particularly younger women that are prone to this side effect. I don't know much about this Cerebral Sinus Vein Thrombosis because it's remarkably rare but it is associated with oral contraception. So, more data to come on that. It may be, when the vaccination programme first started and there was going to be several different vaccines what we said was "Well maybe we'll find out some vaccine is more efficacious in a particular age group and of course it was also possible that a particular vaccine might and I stress might have more side effects albeit vanishingly rare side effects in particular age groups as well. So it may be and I stress it's maybe, we don't yet know, it may be that particular vaccines are going to be given to particular age groups or not given to particular age groups based on the side effect profile, that may come. Women may be asked in the future when they go for vaccination if they are on oral contraceptive if this is found out to be a factor. So I'm not dodging it but basically we don't know yet".
🤷🏼‍♀️ I did hear what he said!

My mum went for her second jab yesterday. So far, she’s ok, but when she got her first one she was so poorly, I was absolutely worried sick. It went on for a week, so I’m praying that this time she won’t get any side effects. Hers was the Pfizer one...
Have you had your second one yet @monga ? X
Hopefully she won’t .,,3 weeks on Friday and as a migraine sufferer Dr John has spurred me on to ask how suitable it is as the combined pill is a no no for me...

• Heart
Reactions: 3
🤷🏼‍♀️ I did hear what he said!

Hopefully she won’t .,,3 weeks on Friday and as a migraine sufferer Dr John has spurred me on to ask how suitable it is as the combined pill is a no no for me...
I’ve heard a few people talking about a link between Migraines and the jab (mainly AstraZeneca) did you get migraines after your first jab? as I remember we were talking about it, as my mum had her first one around the same time as you.. xx

Reactions: 2
I don’t know if anyone has already mentioned this in this thread or not. Do people who have had Covid-19 and then get the vaccine have worse side effects (from the vaccine) than those who have not had Covid-19 and had the vaccine?

Last edited:
I’ve heard a few people talking about a link between Migraines and the jab (mainly AstraZeneca) did you get migraines after your first jab? as I remember we were talking about it, as my mum had her first one around the same time as you.. xx
I didn’t even get a headache , it’s more the suitability if it’s the same rare clots that the pill can cause for migraine sufferers I’m concerned about hopefully your mum has all the side effects she’s going to have factored in with the first dose.

• Heart
I don’t know if anyone has already mentioned this in this thread or not. Do people who have had Covid-19 and then get the vaccine have worse side effects than those who have not had Covid-19 and had the vaccine?
My mum had covid, but it wasn’t that bad, like a mild flu (she’s had severe flu before, but said covid was no where near as bad)
She then had the Pfizer vaccine, and was really unwell, sickness, chills, diarrhoea, her head felt like it had a right band on it, and I was worried sick. After a week or so, she started rallying round, and eventually she felt better. One thing that has lingered, is how tired she gets now, and that wasn’t the case before she had the jab.
She’s just had her second one, and so far, she’s ok, obviously, I’m hoping that the side effects were only with the first jab.

My mum had covid, but it wasn’t that bad, like a mild flu (she’s had severe flu before, but said covid was no where near as bad)
She then had the Pfizer vaccine, and was really unwell, sickness, chills, diarrhoea, her head felt like it had a right band on it, and I was worried sick. After a week or so, she started rallying round, and eventually she felt better. One thing that has lingered, is how tired she gets now, and that wasn’t the case before she had the jab.
She’s just had her second one, and so far, she’s ok, obviously, I’m hoping that the side effects were only with the first jab.
Hope she remains okay after having the 2nd dose. I had Covid end of December 2020 and still struggling (only had it mild) so wondered if side effects from vaccine vary in those who have been infected or not. I’ll probably be one of the last to get the vaccine due to my age.

• Heart
I wish we had the JJ one in the U.K. because then we would only need 1 x jab.
Hopefully get the letter for my first jab soon, ready to get moving around the globe again. Hopefully not to much longer!

Hope she remains okay after having the 2nd dose. I had Covid end of December 2020 and still struggling (only had it mild) so wondered if side effects from vaccine vary in those who have been infected or not. I’ll probably be one of the last to get the vaccine due to my age.
I’ve never had Covid ( to my knowledge) but had lingering effects from it for about 3 weeks I think it’s just down to your own immune response tbh

Hopefully get the letter for my first jab soon, ready to get moving around the globe again. Hopefully not to much longer!
If I’m not mistaken, UK has ordered millions of doses of the vaccine and waiting for approval.

I’ve never had Covid ( to my knowledge) but had lingering effects from it for about 3 weeks I think it’s just down to your own immune response tbh
Yes they seem to vary a lot from person to person and age groups.

Reactions: 4
Probably one jab to last 6mths instead of 3,there's bound to be boosters needed antibodies are short lived

For those saying how tired you are, our Vitamin D levels are severely depleted right now and there is a link between Vitamin D and iron. Even before I had the vaccine I was not running as it was so much of a struggle from around the 2nd week in Feb. The last few weeks I've made sure to get out in the Sun and in the last 4 days I've run 3k, 3k, 4k and today 6.5k.

Had my second Pfizer on Thursday evening, felt a bit tired on Friday but less arm pain than the first one - overall less side effects than the first!

Had my first jab and currently waiting for my second. Had the AZ one and had a sore arm for about a week and felt generally achey for a little while the next day but took paracetamol and it was fine. Much more manageable than potentially going on a ventilator and having to deal with long covid, 100% would do again.

It’s been nearly 3 weeks since my Az jab and finally pain in my arm has gone. I still have a nodule I believe it’s called, buts it’s not painful now. Weirdly the skin on my arm is peeling now, you know like after you’ve had sunburn.

So though I had quite a strong reaction overall I’m pleased it’s settled and happy to get my 2nd.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.