Titanic Tourism Submersible missing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read a few people today speculating that the most likely scenario is that the vessel imploded at the point at which it lost contact. Sounds like a much better death than slowly dying of hypoxia after days at the bottom of the ocean.

Reactions: 21
I swear this is a genuine question and I’m not taking the piss and yes I am a bit on the thick side but is there a chance one of those giant fish things could of eaten the sub? I keep thinking of the post from yesterday that one of the fish could eat things bigger than it’s self.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Honestly this is my thought and i appreciate your honesty. My mum has always been utterly terrified of water and I feel it’s creeping in for me. I don’t want it to ruin a very expensive once in a lifetime trip for me but its truly horrible.
Sorry 😢. The ships do follow rigorous legislation though, I can’t see them flouting any rules. I would imagine a fair few people will be cancelling their holidays now. If I ever get brave enough I’ll try a river cruise as it wouldn’t be as deep as the sea. This will shake up all the cruise staff and they will know people’s fears are heightened. I hope you enjoy your trip and sorry again if I’ve put a downer on it x

Reactions: 5
I swear this is a genuine question and I’m not taking the piss and yes I am a bit on the thick side but is there a chance one of those giant fish things could of eaten the sub? I keep thinking of the post from yesterday that one of the fish could eat things bigger than it’s self.
Very unlikely. Fish are attracted to smell - a metallic sub is very very unlikely to be seen as a yummy snack.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yup, don’t want to be constantly posting here but this all needs to left alone. I get the interest I really do. However it all needs to come to an end.

It really does! Couldn’t agree more. Titanic has and always will be an interest to the world but just let her rest her now.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Well we don’t know everything living down there so…?

I do think that banging is them though. I’m praying to the universe for a miracle. 🙏🏽

Reactions: 12
I’ve always been terrified of large bodies of water and I pushed myself to go on a very short cruise to try and fight the fear…I don’t recommend tbh. If you have a phobia you have a phobia, I would never do it again.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
They met the Meg down there didn't they and Jason Statham wasn't available to rescue them.
Sorry I'm making a joke of this because my anxiety is off the scale thinking about it 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I read a few people today speculating that the most likely scenario is that the vessel imploded at the point at which it lost contact. Sounds like a much better death than slowly dying of hypoxia after days at the bottom of the ocean.
I really hope so as the alternative is unimaginable 😥

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Whilst I do get this, please try not to worry. Modern cruise ships are so safe.
Lots of things are potentially dangerous if you think about it.

I’m due to go on a cruise next month and have to say although I would never pull out of it all these water disasters and anything that’s gone before it really does freak me out. I say this not as a joke and not to be over dramatic but the sea is a cruel mistress. You just don’t know what’s ahead of you.
---
I've just thought. I'm cruising to Canada in September, we will probably sail very close to the Titanic

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Titanic Tourism Submersible #2 We hope the 5 are alive but let this lesson be learnt, let Titanic rest in peace which is the least she deserves

Reactions: 11
I think that would be the least of my worries
Genuinely this would kill me quicker than any lack of food and water... the min the thing started smelling even on a successful trip id be vomiting if anyone was sweaty or anything in that space.
Even when I read that I scrolled quickly as if I'd get the smell reading the comment 🙈😢😅😅

Reactions: 5
Anyone else still up and awake?
Not being able to sleep or just me?
It doesn’t feel right to go to sleep
Constantly refreshing this page and sky news on in the background down low
It’s really played on my mind today I can’t stop thinking of anything else

• Heart
Reactions: 25

---

I've just thought. I'm cruising to Canada in September, we will probably sail very close to the Titanic
when my dad was on the QM2 they captain announced they were passing the site of the wreckage!

• Sick
Reactions: 6
it fully blows my mind that in the USA there are people sat in prison for carrying a little bit of weed but Oceangate makes a million gross in a single Titan trip and nobody seemed to have the power to get them to stop or make sure it’s safe, much less get their execs fined or sent to jail

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Anyone else still up and awake?
Not being able to sleep or just me?
It doesn’t feel right to go to sleep
Constantly refreshing this page and sky news on in the background down low
It’s really played on my mind today I can’t stop thinking of anything else
Yup me too. I really believe it imploded as communication was lost. But the tiny chance that some / all of them may all still be alive just blows my mind.

To know what they are talking about in what could be their final hours. The mood on the sub. Whether anyone in the group remains hopeful. Whether they have turned on eachother. Whether they’ve turned on the CEO. Whether they have slept at all or managed to move positions in order to allow everyone a chance to stretch their legs. Whether they’ve managed to write goodbye notes on their phone to their loved ones.

It’ll be absolutely amazing if they are even located and recovered - and if alive it will be an absolute miracle.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Just finished the documentary on iplayer. It's so strange seeing 'crew' inside the sub. I keep picturing the crew thats inside it now and how they're feeling and what it must be like. Also striked me in the documentary Paul Henri Nargeolet is talking about his experiences with diving to the Titanic over the last 35 years and he's currently trapped inside this sub.
---
it fully blows my mind that in the USA there are people sat in prison for carrying a little bit of weed but Oceangate makes a million gross in a single Titan trip and nobody seemed to have the power to get them to stop or make sure it’s safe, much less get their execs fined or sent to jail
I just read on the guardian a merchant mariner, and maritime historian at Campbell University said that Oceangate are working on a grey area. They use a Canadian ship and launch the sub 12 miles outside US waters so that they can bypass the maritime law of the US. Stockton Rush knows what he's doing is illegal, he's just found a loophole in the law

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I’m still up and I barely slept last night due to the heat. Another craft was arriving about now that could dive deep, I’ve got everything crossed for later today, I know it’s against the odds though. I worked with a German man who was a prisoner of war in this country during WW2, he’s long gone now but a more decent, honest, kind man you’d be hard pressed to meet. He went through some terrible times in Russia, but he used to say the will to live is the strongest will known to man. I’ve never forgotten that, its true though, you never give up hope.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sorry if it’s been answered a million times already but what exactly would cause it or them to implode?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.