Titanic Tourism Submersible missing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just came across this.

I hope they are found safe.

I am also creeped out at the thought of visiting such a notable wreck, as so many died when the Titanic sank, plus sea bed stuff always looks eerie.

BBC News - Titanic tourist submersible goes missing with search under way

Reactions: 31
Yes, isn't this unreal and so sad. I love anything to do with the Titanic and have seen drone footage I presume of the wreckage. The thought of actually visiting the site physically frightens me and I wasn't aware there was a tourism industry offering this.
I hope the people are OK.

Reactions: 48
I shivered when I read this! It’s the stuff of nightmares. Hope they get found quickly 🤞🏻

Reactions: 20
What a nightmare situation. All you need to do is throw a few sliders in the story and it would tick my worst phobias.

I hope this has a happy ending.

Reactions: 11
They think it might be stuck inside the wreckage.
I read contact was lost 1 hour 45 minutes after they submerged and it takes about 4 hours to reach the Titanic. If that’s true something went wrong way before they reached their destination. It seems crazy that they rely on messages from a ship above water to guide them and there doesn’t seem to be a contingency plan for if something goes wrong. Really hope they are found / surface. It’s just horrific to think about 😰

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
It's giving me palpitations thinking about it. I'm pretty claustrophobic at the best of tines and deep sea freaks me out. I cannot imagine choosing to go in that thing!

Reactions: 40
I hope as the oxygen runs out they just become more lethargic and sleepy before falling unconscious.

If they manage to both locate the submarine AND complete a rescue mission before the oxygen runs out it really is a true miracle but it doesn’t sound like the equipment and machinery needed to save them even exists.

I don’t see a positive outcome for this story 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 34
It's giving me palpitations thinking about it. I'm pretty claustrophobic at the best of tines and deep sea freaks me out. I cannot imagine choosing to go in that thing!
When I saw the size of the thing I thought never in a million years would I be brave enough to get in that and go so deep down in it 😮 I get the creeps when I see photos of ship wrecks etc, and Titanic itself creeps me out. Even if there a scuba scene in an action movie I can't cope with the idea of being around the sea bed.

I read the submersible usually have 4 days of oxygen so there's still opportunity for help but locating them seems to be a mammoth task.

Reactions: 21
I don't fully understand what's happened.
Some people on the expedition have said they are safe?
Is there a submarine and then another sub that goes further?

Reactions: 1
I haven't seen anywhere/anyone say they are safe. Where have you seen that??

This feels like it will have an unhappy ending unfortunately. Maybe it will be like MH370 and they'll never find it...

• Sad
Reactions: 15
It's a submersible so a truck sized capsule essentially that needs to be launched and collected by a mother ship and supposed to be pinging every 15 mins. They appear to have lost contact and it has been a day or so when I think I read the trip should only be a few hours. Sounds like they are struggling to look for them.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
2022 article from a reporter who went on a trip on the sub

couple of quotes from the article:

Not gonna lie; I was a little nervous, especially given the paperwork, which read, "This experimental vessel has not been approved or certified by any regulatory body, and could result in physical injury, emotional trauma, or death."
And yet, I couldn't help noticing how many pieces of this sub seemed improvised, with off-the-shelf components. Piloting the craft is run with a video game controller.
:eek:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
I'm obsessed with this story. I cannot imagine sitting in a death tube in complete darkness and no noise. With other people too. This would be hell.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
Oxygen runs out Thursday but that is affected by the breathing rate of those on board. How would you keep yourself calm?

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.