Titanic Tourism Submersible missing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if it’s been answered a million times already but what exactly would cause it or them to implode?
The pressure of the water at those kind of depths. Any weakness/ fault in the the structure of the sub could cause implosion

Reactions: 7
Good to know I’m not the only one still awake and can’t switch off from this
I just can’t stop thinking about how that young lad is if there still alive

Also anyone else think it’s weird we were all none the wiser to this sub untill two days ago
It’s been going down a few times now and successfully got back up
But as with anything like this it’s always the way that we only come to light of these things because of the tragic circumstances that have happened

Reactions: 15
I don’t really get this “bang like hell for 3 minutes” advice. Ok three minutes every 30mins makes sense to conserve energy but surely it would be better to bang out morse code SOS to prove humans were making the noise? Rather than just random banging which could be anything. Of course maybe there is more to the sounds but they’re just not telling us.

Reactions: 22
The thought of even going on the scheduled trip is terrifying to me; the prospect of being stuck for days down there is beyond horrifying.

It seems unlikely they will be found unless I wake up to a miracle in the morning and if they are lost then I hope it was a quick death due to total failure of the submersible days ago, as others have speculated.

I saw some suggestion that the banging sounds WERE thought to be spelling out SOS in Morse code? Was that just wishful thinking?

Reactions: 4
Speaking to a submariner, this will be recovery at best. Too many factors are at play here. Hope he's wrong, but fear he's right

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Stockton's wife is the great great granddaughter or Isador and Ida Strauss who died on the titanic?! Daily mail are saying so

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I’m not sure there’s ever been a rescue effort to this level before. If that sub has made it to the surface and the banging is coming from them I do think there’s a chance they will be found. Yes it’s needle in a haystack territory, but even then if you had access to all these resources, people, state of the art metal detectors etc. you’d fancy your chances.

It may be wishful thinking but I do hope they are found in time. But I also hope they don’t come out of this as heroes or something. The company need to be held accountable and even the paying guests should be asked some difficult questions about their choices to do this and absolutely cover all the costs of the relevant coastguards etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don’t really get this “bang like hell for 3 minutes” advice. Ok three minutes every 30mins makes sense to conserve energy but surely it would be better to bang out morse code SOS to prove humans were making the noise? Rather than just random banging which could be anything. Of course maybe there is more to the sounds but they’re just not telling us.
Banging every 30 mins is basically a code for SOS, it shows to anybody attempting to rescue them that it's not just some random noise but a controlled attempt at communicating, it's code to say we are still alive and need help 🙁

Reactions: 9
Banging every 30 mins is basically a code for SOS, it shows to anybody attempting to rescue them that it's not just some random noise but a controlled attempt at communicating, it's code to say we are still alive and need help 🙁
Of course. I’m just basing it on what the US coastguard Captain Jamie Frederick said that they still do not know what the noises are. Just thought an effort to make out SOS would provide clarity for rescuers. Especially as I imagine the 30mins thing is unlikely to be dead on.

Reactions: 3
Of course. I’m just basing it on what the US coastguard Captain Jamie Frederick said that they still do not know what the noises are. Just thought an effort to make out SOS would provide clarity for rescuers. Especially as I imagine the 30mins thing is unlikely to be dead on.
I was replying to your post that said it was every 30 mins, if that's not true and the coastguard are not sure then I'm guessing it's just wishful thinking? I wonder if they would even be able to pick up a precise sound/code of Morse code to understand it? Or if any of them actually know Morse code?

Reactions: 2
I was replying to your post that said it was every 30 mins, if that's not true and the coastguard are not sure then I'm guessing it's just wishful thinking? I wonder if they would even be able to pick up a precise sound/code of Morse code to understand it? Or if any of them actually know Morse code?
yes I think we only get a fraction of the information so who knows what the exact situation is. Like you say maybe it’s difficult for them to distinguish dash or dot sounds. I’d assume anyone interested in adventures and on a sub would know …- - -… at the very least and especially that French dive expert. Anyway I suppose I was just wishing there was something that could confirm it was them making the noise.

Reactions: 3
New thread

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.