Titanic Tourism Submersible missing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies for giving this twitter account the attention it doesn't deserve but how horrible

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I’ve never been brave enough to do one. I’ve seen plenty in Southampton when we’ve been down there and some of the ships are so big they make me feel ill. We were down there a month ago and I said I’d push myself to book up next year but I don’t think I will now. I know they don’t just tip over but the thought of all that sea beneath you, or being trapped like these poor souls makes me too anxious to try.
Honestly this is my thought and i appreciate your honesty. My mum has always been utterly terrified of water and I feel it’s creeping in for me. I don’t want it to ruin a very expensive once in a lifetime trip for me but its truly horrible.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I’ve always been scared of the sea ever since I read the true crime story of Amy lynn Bradley. She was on a cruise with her family and went missing. Some people believe she was pushed off and died

I can’t imagine anything scarier than being in the vast ocean, alone, in the pitch black…

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Glad I found this thread, this whole thing has been so upsetting and shocking. I’ve been reading on twitter & apparently two vessels have already been deployed but both imploded when they reached a certain depth, no where near the depth of the sub, these were unmanned. It’s very sad to say that the chances are this is going to be a recovery mission rather than a rescue mission.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Finally caught up on this thread been following the story all weekend. I feel with the amount of money they have, it was pure arrogance and 'Big dick competition' of saying they went down to see the Titanic, trying to prove that they're better than us 'paupers'.That arrogance has potentially cost them their lives. And while I have very little sympathy for them because of said arrogance, I feel its ironic that their wealth is the one thing that can't help them now. The titanic has been studied long enough. The wreckage and the poor souls should be left well alone.
I highly doubt though, this will put of more rich morons from trying to build something better to go down to it.

Reactions: 18
I’ve always been scared of the sea ever since I read the true crime story of Amy lynn Bradley. She was on a cruise with her family and went missing. Some people believe she was pushed off and died

I can’t imagine anything scarier than being in the vast ocean, alone, in the pitch black…
I can. Worst fear being in the vast ocean , alone, surrounded by marine predators below you, in the pitch black.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Apparently they lost contact after only 1h 30mins, so not long enough to get down to the depth of the wreck.
I heard a sub expert on the radio today and I think he said Titan would have had weights on it to help it sink to the ocean bottom, it would then shed the weights when it was time to resurface. I have a feeling they did reach the bottom and are lodged there.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I heard a sub expert on the radio today and I think he said Titan would have had weights on it to help it sink to the ocean bottom, it would then shed the weights when it was time to resurface. I have a feeling they did reach the bottom and are lodged there.
Another theory is that the porthole/viewing window was only good for a couple of hundred metres of depth, so it failed and the vessel imploded.

God, we're going to be at the theorising for years, aren't we?

Just seen it described as a 'middle of Lidl submarine'.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Finally caught up on this thread been following the story all weekend. I feel with the amount of money they have, it was pure arrogance and 'Big dick competition' of saying they went down to see the Titanic, trying to prove that they're better than us 'paupers'.That arrogance has potentially cost them their lives. And while I have very little sympathy for them because of said arrogance, I feel its ironic that their wealth is the one thing that can't help them now. The titanic has been studied long enough. The wreckage and the poor souls should be left well alone.
I highly doubt though, this will put of more rich morons from trying to build something better to go down to it.
I too find it very disturbing the Titanic was / is being used for luxury tourism. That is a mass grave. People on twitter have been comparing it to visiting a cemetery - but it’s not at all similar because these poor people did not have a dignified burial. It’s ghoulish and disrespectful to revisit the wreck (unless in the name of genuine research) and I hope this brings an end to it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I bet this’ll be like MH370 all over again…never found and just a bunch of conspiracies and a 3 part Netflix documentary

Reactions: 25
All the pictures of the submersibles/ROVs being brought in to help search ... they all look so much more professional and sophisticated than the one that is lost :(

Reactions: 14
I too very it very disturbing the Titanic was / is being used for luxury tourism. That is a mass grave. People on twitter have been comparing it to visiting a cemetery - but it’s not at all because these poor people did not have a dignified burial. It’s ghoulish and disrespectful to revisit the wreck (unless in the name of genuine research) and I hope this brings an end to it.
It is very disturbing. There's museums with artefacts and so many videos/reconstructions of the Titanic that you don't need to go down to see it. I mean all you'll see is murky water through a tiny porthole.
I just can't get my head around wanting to go down to something so morbid and unsafe

Reactions: 22
The Robot Victor 6000 is apparently their only hope at being found now as it’s the only thing that can dive deep enough, is currently on a ship and will get there around midnight our time. That only leaves around 12 hours to find, rescue and get them out. Could they not of flown it over and bought some time?

Reactions: 7
As sad as this is, I think enough is enough now. Titanic is a grave site as previously stated and she needs to be left alone now. After 111 years let her rest and stop these trips. I myself am terrified of deep water & not one of us can imagine what they went through that dreadful night. Titanic's resting place should not be a tourist attraction 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I choose to think they will have passed out with the stress and lack of food and won't consciously experience their end 😔 So sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
As sad as this is, I think enough is enough now. Titanic is a grave site as previously stated and she needs to be left alone now. After 111 years let her rest and stop these trips. I myself am terrified of deep water & not one of us can imagine what they went through that dreadful night. Titanic's resting place should not be a tourist attraction 🥺
Yup, don’t want to be constantly posting here but this all needs to left alone. I get the interest I really do. However it all needs to come to an end.

Reactions: 5
I bet this’ll be like MH370 all over again…never found and just a bunch of conspiracies and a 3 part Netflix documentary
Me and my husband think the same. Those poor people plus the families 😥 if time does run out then I hope the families do get closure. What a heartbreaking situation.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.