TiffanyThinks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who knows. Not surprising at all that her video has brought attention to the hospital and the surgeon in charge of her case. Her devout followers might have already put in nuisance calls to the hospital, and/or even hounding the surgeon since his name was disclosed by hers truly. She is setting the stage nicely.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I will be surprised if her Dr doesn't go after her for defamation.
Solicitor here. This won't happen. First of all, her surgeon is one of the top surgeons in the world -- I seriously doubt the Youtube channel of one patient is remotely in his periphery. Secondly, even if he were legally justified, nothing would destroy his reputation more than suing a terminal cancer patient. His reputation won't suffer due to one person whose a) library of videos demonstrate a significant lack of communication and b) is all secondhand information told by Tiffany. What the surgeon has told Tiffany may be drastically different to what Tiffany tells her audience, and anyone with common sense would be able to see she's not a reliable source.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
I think the doctor could be well aware of her YouTube of all her thousands of followers it would only take one patient or staff to mention it to him… plus the doctor will have family members they may watch YouTube. I hope he returns to work soon but it’s not his fault Tiffany is too pig headed/ delusional to speak to someone else on his team or get a second opinion.

Reactions: 4
I think the doctor could be well aware of her YouTube of all her thousands of followers it would only take one patient or staff to mention it to him… plus the doctor will have family members they may watch YouTube.
Even so, a defamation suit against a terminal patient is a great way to actually ruin your reputation, which is why it doesn't happen. Doesn't matter if the doctor is in the right. The most he could do - if he cares - is request removal of the videos where his name is mentioned. Beyond that, it's up to her followers to offer some balance when she slams her doctors without proof.

Thing is it is a year since diagnosis, has she ever properly sat down and sod right, these are the hard facts? No. The tea with Tiffany is awful, the one place she could actually talk about it, educate about symptoms etc but no, instead she talks bollocks. Every vlog has the word cancer in it, yet up to now none of us are very clear as to what is going on. She got given a drawing ages ago when they were discussing the Op, look at that! I genuinely liked her, now I’m beginning to think she is dragging this out for the views. Nobody is that dim and she’s clearly not.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Please forgive me if I'm wrong but even if the surgery is palliative she still can prolong her life with it? Nat Woodward also had palliative surgery from what I understand, she won't be cured but she repeats this a lot: the surgery gave her an amazing year and she's still NED, without it she would be already gone. I must say that I admire Natalie even more, in comparison to Tiffany she's so mature and konwledgeable about her disease and all the treatments and surgeries that she went through.
I like her a lots too- she is amazing woman. I hope she can stay NED as long as possible

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think the fact Tiffany has posted only the most scant audio of chats with her surgeon is to support her delusional narrative. I believe they are usually happy to be recorded (if not filmed) for vloggers.

But this is frustrating for her followers who are interested in facts rather than her constant inane rambling.

Matt seems to me like a decent and supportive guy. Her sister comes across as intelligent. She’s clearly adored by her family. I’d hope she has people around her talking sense, but at the moment it doesn’t seem that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
In this case, her faith is putting her in more danger. She's already referenced her followers' prayers as a reason to wait, and now it's "well, one week has passed, so why not five more", followed by "I hope it's not cancerous". This is absolutely denial at play, and it puts quite the burden on that TiffanyThinks family to possibly influence her to wait because of their prayers, whilst ~ 7,000 of them told her to get the surgery (assuming she's stage III). Unbelievably scary.

Ever since she told off her viewers, the TiffanyThinks comments are giving me flashbacks of Christina Newman, e.g. "whatever you want is the right choice", whilst ignoring the few comments that told her not to stop traditional treatment. One of Tiffany's commenters pointed this out and it really hit home.
At least with Christina, she admitted she was wrong and cautioned others about doing alternative treatments and not grasping the severity of her situation.

Reactions: 7
I probably won't be able to abstain from watching her videos and even though I don't post comments I've since unsubscribed after she directed her 'loving tiffanythinks family' to basically turn on each other by writing 'delete and block' under any comments that aren't gushing and in full of praise of her.

She's really shown a nasty streak to her personality especially as most of the comments she complained about where just coming from a place of genuine care and concern for her current situation.
It's clear Matt and her family tip toe around her and no one has had the guts to say to her 'you can't ask your subscribers to turn on each other when you literally asked for everyone to leave their opinions in the comments'.

This doesn't mean I wish her any ill will. I hope her story has a happy ending and she gets to live a long and fruitful life with Matt but she needs to change her attitude. She can't promote the 'loving family' thing if she's asking them to harass and intimidate each other.

• Heart
At least with Christina, she admitted she was wrong and cautioned others about doing alternative treatments and not grasping the severity of her situation.
To clarify, the critique was of the comment section, not Christina. Feedback can either provide a variety of perspectives or reinforce dangerous ideas, especially if the creator blocks and deletes things that do not align with their point of view (Tiffany). People that reached out to help her may be disinclined to do it again.

Reactions: 5
Even so, a defamation suit against a terminal patient is a great way to actually ruin your reputation, which is why it doesn't happen. Doesn't matter if the doctor is in the right. The most he could do - if he cares - is request removal of the videos where his name is mentioned. Beyond that, it's up to her followers to offer some balance when she slams her doct

I
Even so, a defamation suit against a terminal patient is a great way to actually ruin your reputation, which is why it doesn't happen. Doesn't matter if the doctor is in the right. The most he could do - if he cares - is request removal of the videos where his name is mentioned. Beyond that, it's up to her followers to offer some balance when she slams her doctors without proof.
I don’t think for one minute the surgeon would sue Tiffany for defamation I just think it’s incredibly disrespectful to the doctors to only give half the story because she’s in denial making them look incompetent and it’s his reputation on the line when he kindly took her case on when none on the other surgeons would.

To clarify, the critique was of the comment section, not Christina. Feedback can either provide a variety of perspectives or reinforce dangerous ideas, especially if the creator blocks and deletes things that do not align with their point of view (Tiffany). People that reached out to help her may be disinclined to do it again.
Oh I know, I apologize if it seemed like I thought you were critiquing Christina! ❤ I remember those comments on her videos.

• Heart
I cannot imagine her behind the scene daily struggles. Bathroom issues, pain issues, weight issues, appetite issues, energy level issues etc. Her reality at this point in time is unbearable without the morphine and other pain reducing drugs. Would these drugs, taken on a long term basis, alter her state of mind drastically?

Reactions: 6
Beyond that, it's up to her followers to offer some balance when she slams her doctors without proof.
Reading her comments this is highly unlikely. Most of them come across just as clueless. Trouble is when you have people like that, all that needs to happen is she turns around and says she's inoperable now and it's her doctors fault and BAM, they'll all latch on and roll with that. Look at the likes of Archie Battersbee's family/followers and how they behaved to the hospital he was in. Stupid people attract stupid people.

As Holly said, Tiffany is encouraging her followers to turn on each other and police each other’s comments based on the subjective idea of what’s “negative” or “mean”. This will create a hostile environment, shut out constructive feedback and result in groupthink, where people simply mirror what Tiffany is saying back to her. Tiffany ought to consider how this could backfire, potentially lose her many followers, and sour her reputation.

It would be better for her to just delete what she doesn’t like than to weaponise her audience to bully others and characterise people as “trolls”. Tiffany’s perception of reality is skewed, so I understand if she’s lashing out because of her poor coping mechanisms/state of denial, but this is only going to hurt her and her audience.

• Heart
Solicitor here. This won't happen. First of all, her surgeon is one of the top surgeons in the world -- I seriously doubt the Youtube channel of one patient is remotely in his periphery.
This is so sad, to have an access to one of the top surgeons in the world and to be so clueless. So many people won't have that chance, she's lucky and doesn't even realize it.

• Sad
Is there anyone on here that understands the whole mucin cells? has the chemo killed the cancer but left mucin? Is that a better prognosis? And why the duck did she not ask this?

• Heart
Is there anyone on here that understands the whole mucin cells? has the chemo killed the cancer but left mucin? Is that a better prognosis? And why the duck did she not ask this?
There is a type of cancer called mucinous carcinoma, but it isn't caused by chemo. It forms typically in areas that produce a lot of mucin, and usually starts off in the colon or rectum from what I have read. It seems highly treatable in most cases? Who knows why she didn't ask; she's probably had this all the time and is just finding it out.

• Heart
I believe that Mucin isn't cells. Mucin is a gel that covers organs. It creates a barrier I believe.

Now there is mucinous cancer (MAC) which can cause malignant cells to float in mucus. It is quite sinister.

Again, she doesn't seem to really know what she is talking about so who knows what is actually going on.

I'm afraid I still think she drags out each video to make more money. I'm about to unsubscribe because basically I don't want to contribute to that. I do feel very sorry for her predicament.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.