TiffanyThinks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I decided to start this thread as I think she needs one of her own.

I am not sure what to think about her. Her situation is certainly not making a lot of sense.

Reactions: 21
Here goes recap:
  1. Tiffany was diagnosed with cancer in Sept 2021 (colorectal adenocarcinoma). This was a missed diagnosis as she had bowel symptoms (bleeding, weight loss) since Jan 2021, but they had thought it was inflammation and had given her steroids (which makes cancer worse)
  2. Initial plan she expected was 1 round of chemotherapy then have surgery
  3. Advised needs to have radiotherapy after the chemo which she had
  4. Scans showed the cancer (t4b) had not responded to chemo and radiotherapy. Surgeon would get a team together and she should have 1 more round of chemotherapy
  5. Now biopsies showed mucin cells. PET scan didn't light up.
  6. Tiffany thinks the cancer has gone?
  7. She is told that she can have surgery now, or defer surgery for 6 weeks (surgeon's preferred option) but that the cancer might be terminal by then. This is also referred to as watch-and-wait option? (or what I call do-nothing option)
^ above is from memory. Feel free to correct.
I've followed her since Sept 2021. Since her 'no surgery' video, I feel really bad for her and her family. I just can't understand it.

Reactions: 17
Here's a recap under her "PICC line removal" video that shows why people are frustrated and questioning of Tiffany's timeline. Not denying she's ill, because she clearly is, but people raising reasonable concerns. I don't know if she's deleted it, so I'm sharing it on this new thread.

Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 2.44.32 AM.png

Sorry for the degraded quality - perhaps someone else can provide better screenshots of the so-called "hate" comments.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
It is grave, isn't it? The whole surgery now or wait 6 weeks and see seems moot now as there is so much uncertainty in her case (because she forgot to ask relevant questions and/or waited to be prodded by her viewers to go back to her surgeon with questions from the floor) to make an informed decision one way or the other. Nothing makes sense, because as she put it in today's video, she's not on YT to advise anyone with cancer. Come on, can she actually see herself at least helping someone who is as clueless as her?

Reactions: 18
I think she just want to believe in a miracle.
She is Catholic, I came from Catholic family ,( I'm agnostic now) and in these religion people do believe Jesus have the power to heal you.

I work on children oncology and once we had a mother who was very religious Catholic- her daughter have neuroblastoma, incurable, she was praying and believing till very end her daughter will recover. Sadly the little girl passed away😢

Also, I don't think so Tiffany is ready to have such advance surgery. She seems to be very fragile, even the biopsy and bleeding made her so weak :(

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I feel sorry for her. Her whole situation is like watching an accident about to happen and you can't look away. I wonder what happened between her and her Doctor because their relationship is obviously not the best. If he's on sick leave how on earth doesn't she have another doctor to talk to? In her situation time is everything.

Reactions: 14
I feel sorry for her. Her whole situation is like watching an accident about to happen and you can't look away. I wonder what happened between her and her Doctor because their relationship is obviously not the best. If he's on sick leave how on earth doesn't she have another doctor to talk to? In her situation time is everything.
That's not how is work really. If the doctor is off sick one of the other doctors cover his appointments.
They work as a team, discuss the cases, have multidisciplinary meetings. Is not like one doctor is off sick and all his appointments are canceled.

The only reason why she is waiting might be If she said she want appointment with this, particular doctor- not any other one. In that case obviously she need to wait for him to come back.

Reactions: 14
That's not how is work really. If the doctor is off sick one of the other doctors cover his appointments.
They work as a team, discuss the cases, have multidisciplinary meetings. Is not like one doctor is off sick and all his appointments are canceled.

The only reason why she is waiting might be If she said she want appointment with this, particular doctor- not any other one. In that case obviously she need to wait for him to come back.
Her relationship with her doctor is so weird. She witches about him behind his back and makes it seem like he’s this cold, uncaring medical automaton, but then he’s also the best doctor at RM and she was recommending him to her viewers. I think he’s the same doctor too who cautioned her about her scan results and she had an epic meltdown over it, claimed she was switching, and had her followers ready to pitchfork him.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Tiffany also might be waiting because she doesn’t want the surgery, and is putting it off despite knowing it’s the only thing that will save her life. Or, based on some of her comments, it seems she thinks she’s cancer-free. Maybe she can’t wrap her psyche around her reality and definitive mortality, which will be the outcome if she doesn’t have the surgery. The hardest things are always easiest to avoid, and the surgery will make her life a lot shittier to be honest (but at least she will have a life).

The reason I suggest her mental state is destroying her ability to make a proper decision is cos she said, “one week has passed, so it’s just five more weeks”, to justify waiting. This is clearly denial using faulty logic to put off the inevitable (unless she’s stage four and we don’t know it). I think if she had accepted seeing a counsellor early on, she may have been able to cope so she can make a decision to save her life.

Another issue is that she makes the doctors/Marsden seem incompetent and negligent, but relays information in a way that‘s untrustworthy. This doesn’t require any malice on her part, but simply ignorance, whilst the reputation of those taking care of her is pretty good. Not saying the NHS isn’t struggling or that medical professionals don’t make mistakes (they do), but there’s a mismatch between her goal of curative treatment and her lack of urgency over the past year. I may not love her personality or channel, but I’m worried for her life.

I reckon a lot of the people she calls “haters“ are also people that want to see her live and are getting frustrated and terrified for similar reasons.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Curiosity got the better of me this morning and I watched her video and I am even more confused then I was before… she is seriously deluded. She’s waiting to speak to her surgeon who’s off sick, what if god forbid something bad has happened to him and she can’t speak to him again, what is she going to do? I would assume other drs from his team offered to speak to her and she declined? That is madness if her surgeon isn’t available she should still speak to his drs colleagues they will have all her results on file and the surgeon would’ve handed over any findings to them. Also why hasn’t she asked for a second opinion, why doesn’t she actively help herself start a go fund me? Do some bloody research? Rather than sit there and leave it to chance or worse god to decide her fate. I’m terrified for her, I can’t believe Matt and tiffs mum let her sit around waiting either. Im aware she has oncologist appointments coming up but does she really feel comfortable leaving a t4b tumour with no treatment I.e chemo or radio for it to potentially spread. Oh don’t worry she’s happy there’s scar tissue on her tumour wtf! She admits herself she doesn’t do any research or ask too many questions but in her eyes the cancer is gone? I’m sorry for the rant but I have a bad feeling, nothing adds up. I just hope in 6 weeks she’s not palliative the whole situation is so frustrating.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I still can’t shake the feeling she’s terminal and doesn’t realise it. I really wonder if the surgery was only ever palliative and now the doctor doesn’t think it’s worthwhile because of how badly her body responded to the biopsy and also her mental health. Either way she’s painting an awful picture of her doctor and tbh I’d be demanding the videos were taken down or id be sueing for defamation. She’s making him look completely negligent.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
The more I think about it her doctor cousin probably gave her a reality check gave her all the facts and probably tried to help her advocate for herself but Tiffany blocks out anything she doesn’t want to hear that’s why there’s been no mention on her dr cousin for months. If it were me I’d be asking her to attend my appointments with me to get a better understanding on the medical jargon and the situation in general from the beginning. Instead she asks her you tube audience to help her decide but then calls anyone haters who are just trying to be realistic and are genuinely worried for her. In fairness to Matt & Tiffs mum they are probably scared to say anything that could be perceived as negative even to save her life because she will not accept it. It just baffles me how they all just wait around and accept this horrendous situation.

Reactions: 21
Tiffany also might be waiting because she doesn’t want the surgery, and is putting it off despite knowing it’s the only thing that will save her life. Or, based on some of her comments, it seems she thinks she’s cancer-free. Maybe she can’t wrap her psyche around her reality and definitive mortality, which will be the outcome if she doesn’t have the surgery. The hardest things are always easiest to avoid, and the surgery will make her life a lot shittier to be honest (but at least she will have a life).

The reason I suggest her mental state is destroying her ability to make a proper decision is cos she said, “one week has passed, so it’s just five more weeks”, to justify waiting. This is clearly denial using faulty logic to put off the inevitable (unless she’s stage four and we don’t know it). I think if she had accepted seeing a counsellor early on, she may have been able to cope so she can make a decision to save her life.

Another issue is that she makes the doctors/Marsden seem incompetent and negligent, but relays information in a way that‘s untrustworthy. This doesn’t require any malice on her part, but simply ignorance, whilst the reputation of those taking care of her is pretty good. Not saying the NHS isn’t struggling or that medical professionals don’t make mistakes (they do), but there’s a mismatch between her goal of curative treatment and her lack of urgency over the past year. I may not love her personality or channel, but I’m worried for her life.

I reckon a lot of the people she calls “haters“ are also people that want to see her live and are getting frustrated and terrified for similar reasons.
Nicely put, the last two lines are exactly how I feel.
I have no dislike of Tiffany as a person and understand the comments on her videos are viewer frustration rather than negativity or 'hate' because I've felt the same.

I subscribed to Tiffany and was invested in her story, I wanted to follow her journey and see a positive outcome for her and the family. I still wish her well but had to unsubscribe because I couldn't follow... like many others confused by her results/doctor's advise and I've tried to be understanding of her circumstance but it's so frustrating that week to week she has no further answers, or progress.

I'll follow her journey loosely and with you guys on this thread (thanks for creating!) but I'm tired of feeling "told off" by the LOVING TIFF for her viewers rightly expressing concerns.

• Heart
Here goes recap:
  1. Tiffany was diagnosed with cancer in Sept 2021 (colorectal adenocarcinoma). This was a missed diagnosis as she had bowel symptoms (bleeding, weight loss) since Jan 2021, but they had thought it was inflammation and had given her steroids (which makes cancer worse)
  2. Initial plan she expected was 1 round of chemotherapy then have surgery
  3. Advised needs to have radiotherapy after the chemo which she had
  4. Scans showed the cancer (t4b) had not responded to chemo and radiotherapy. Surgeon would get a team together and she should have 1 more round of chemotherapy
  5. Now biopsies showed mucin cells. PET scan didn't light up.
  6. Tiffany thinks the cancer has gone?
  7. She is told that she can have surgery now, or defer surgery for 6 weeks (surgeon's preferred option) but that the cancer might be terminal by then. This is also referred to as watch-and-wait option? (or what I call do-nothing option)
^ above is from memory. Feel free to correct.
I've followed her since Sept 2021. Since her 'no surgery' video, I feel really bad for her and her family. I just can't understand it.
Steroids don’t make cancer worse? They can help treat it???

Reactions: 1
I watch Tiffany’s YouTube updates and want the best outcome for her but, OMG, she is so frustrating.

She comes across as simple but she’s a qualified optometrist, so she must be intelligent. I wonder if the constant ‘I don’t understand’ is just shtick, like the little girl persona.

She can’t possibly be as ill-informed as she makes out.

• Haha
Tiffany does nothing to help yourself,she was told ages ago about different groups with people who have/has had the same cancer and surgery as her and what it entailed,their life now etc,she said she didn't want to join any of those groups,she also refused therapy and in my opinion it's because she will be told things she doesn't want to hear,which is understandable but at some point you have to wake up and help yourself.. people on YouTube are also trying to push her to advocate for herself,it's not hate,it's genuine concern from 99% of the people commenting because they want the best for her and want to see her beat this.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I watch Tiffany’s YouTube updates and want the best outcome for her but, OMG, she is so frustrating.

She comes across as simple but she’s a qualified optometrist, so she must be intelligent. I wonder if the constant ‘I don’t understand’ is just shtick, like the little girl persona.

She can’t possibly be as ill-informed as she makes out.
I re watched some of the vlogs, she writes stuff down in her journal, they are given paperwork, The Marsden is a fantastic hospital. There is no excuse for Tiffany not to be able to sit down and clearly explain what her cancer is, where it is, what the surgery would involve, what are the risks, what stage she is. Every vlog on her channel since diagnosed has cancer in the title, therefore share the facts about it.

It's all very odd - I mean, she clearly refers to her 'tumour' almost in the same breath as saying 'no cancer cells.' If there's still a tumour, then she must still have some sort of cancer. I dunno - there are clearly reasons why she can't seem to make a firm decision about anything at the moment. Personally I'd be terrified of it spreading and I would not be going round a garden centre until I had absolutely spoken to everybody at the hospital and worked out exactly what my situation was.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.