Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Stetslug

All this speculating Tiff is or isn’t cancer free it’s pointless, Tiff is not a reliable source of information. She could tell us more information but she has for some reason (probably denial) chosen not too. If by some miracle she is cancer free then she still has the problem of the removal of the T4b tumour surely she doesn’t think they can leave it there, what if it spreads or mutates?- it is far too dangerous to leave it touching all those vital organs.

Unfortunately in my line of work I have seen similar cases to Tiffs, young woman with similar diagnosis who raised a lot of funds to go America Mayo clinic as nhs had exhausted all options and surgery didn’t work, it didn’t end well (she passed away overseas) and that was with this particular young woman advocating for herself and actively trying to not die. I don’t get how Tiff can sit around and wait I know it’s nice to put faith in doctors but they can only do so much with limited resources, especially how stretched the nhs is right now… I have a horrible feeling about her wait and watch approach mainly because of the lack of treatment in the meantime.

I genuinely can’t watch her videos anymore so I'm grateful for the updates on here. I really wish her well I don’t think she’s a bad person, and Matt & her mum are lovely but it’s too frustrating that she holds doctor letters in her hands doesn’t explain anything that’s going on but then goes into great detail about mundane things such as slippers and how much would you pay for a sandwich. Something is not right and we will find out in time

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
The boyfriend must be a moron to be with her and participating in this nonsense. The constant “oh Matt DARLIN” 🤮 who the hell talks to their partner like that? And why does she repeat herself 10 times each and every sentence? “I’m using washy tape to cover up personal information, information that I don’t want to show you, I’ve just got this tape to cover it up, so I’m using this tape to just cover up the things I don’t want to show you, I’m putting tape over these bits - ohhhh darliiinggg matt I’m just saying I’m using tape to cover up these bits right? These bits I’ll put tape over them, so yeah I’ve got this tape over these bits”

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27

c.sabatier

VIP Member
How many people here think that Tiffany has been reading posts in this forum? Like if you think that she has been reading information here.

Reactions: 27

Eddertillet

She said "Anyway, it doesn't matter what stage it is - 3 or 4, it's not important".
Unbelievable.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

LeonorG

VIP Member
And it's so annoying when she asks her watchers 'Do I share too much?'. I'm like 'No you are sharing nothing, you are incoherent, uneducated, and mad. None of what you are saying makes sense'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

suzeq

Chatty Member
Sorry this is so long...

apologies to all the responses I am now behind given the time it's taken to write this...

Thanks to DivineMystic and others for the video synopses so I no longer have to suffer through them. She couldn't watch any more of it: was there anything further of note, did anyone else watch to the end? I appreciate these summaries very much, it has saved me slogging thru them to find anything related to cancer news. As DivineMystic put it so aptly: "I can't. I just can't" (I put my hand to my forehead in a Scarlett O'Hara gesture for added emphasis). :rolleyes:

She is confused because of the scans and biopsies’ results that stated non cancerous and nothing on scan but she didn’t get what said the surgeon ( I think alas the surgeon is not very confident with the surgery for some unknown reasons … maybe too complicated ?
I am pretty sure she recorded her doctor meetings, she plays just seconds of it before editing out the rest on her YT vids, so I do think she has a record she could review herself or with her doctor cousin or rely on when laying out the situation for us, but chooses not to. Same with phone calls, with oncologist, nurse, etc., she has her phone and camera with her all the time. I have a sense she does have recordings of these discussions too, she tells us right away if an incoming call or one she just had was from one of these people and I think she's transcribed pertinent points, it seems part of her nature to be very organized. I bet her bullet journal is full of definitive info from the surgeon that she's jotted down for herself.

So, I don't think I can accept as reasonable any expressions of confusions, etc. She has had it explained, she has copies of the medical reports, she has a medical professional in her family. Heck, Google has helped my own understanding of Tiffany's situation enormously, I have read the studies on "watch and wait" for Stage 3 T4b adenocarcinoma. I've learned about MAC, I understand what a PET scan highlights and its limitations, what the biopsies show and don't show, etc. I have learned far more than Tiffany seems to understand and that's only from reading info given in her comments and quick Google searches to fill in missing details. What I don't have is the full picture only because it hasn't been shared. We're left to fill in or speculate. I just am not comfortable doing that knowing Tiffany actually HAS the answers but chooses not to disclose the entire picture to us.

This is the first first cancer YT'er I've ever watched (I was never a sub and I'm glad now). I do not have cancer and actually don't know why her video ever showed up as 'suggested'. Like so many others, I started with genuine concern and support but am now utterly confused. I also went back to watch many earlier ones. Now I'm vexed. I have been skipping thru her vids now looking for any cancer talk but frustrated by so much inane vacuous musings. I can't bear it. I have to skip thru comments now too...how can she have time/interest to read them all? Why isn't she using that time more productively to improve her cancer experience?

In her defense though, she did ask her viewers if they wanted to see other parts of her life whereby so many said they wanted to watch anything and everything she put out. Unfortunately, the promos "we wear the WGT merch everytime we go to the hospital, link is below if you want to buy", and repetitions: "going to hospital for blood test, treatment, tic tic tic", "how much would you pay", making & eating food, buying plants, opening presents, stupid emotional background music when filming extraneous events, etc etc, it's all become maddeningly frustrating and annoying. What was cute has now become irritating.

I no longer want to watch her physical journey, just tell us the pertinent, salient info in a sitdown, be straight to the point, tell us how you, Matt and Amma are feeling about it, and then I'll be glad to come back and support you. Show interesting related events, but stop thinking you need to make movies about it all! You are not the director of nor Jim Carrey in The Truman Show! That show was less than 2 hours long!

I have neither time nor interest in following her regular life in such minute, repetitive detail, why doesn't she split her videos between "regular life" and "cancer"? At least we could choose which part to engage in, it would be good for everyone since it's clear she has a desire to post every mundane detail of her life as she's been doing so long before cancer entered the picture and long before she had an audence of more than a few thousand who cared to follow her. If she would only give us a choice. I agree, the misleading titles are too much.

I too am now experiencing disdain at her trying to capitalize so much thru this trying time and from those following her to be there for her in her journey. From not donating the proceeds of her merch sales to a cancer charity (btw I know nonprofits that sell merch via bonfire, the revenue thru them is between £4-£11 depending on tshirt, sweatshirt, etc), to her amazon merch links, to food delivery promo, etc. I was really put off when she celebrated and received gifts when reaching 50k followers, I found it unseemly, as I also did hearing her talk about her 100k follower new objective and YT plaque. Her cancer journey is not entertainment, she should not be celebrating her increase in viewership as a sign of success and strategizing to achieve a certain greater # of viewers. We've become numbers to her now. Even having regular days to post her videos seems off (just post if there's anything going on with you related to cancer!), or calling extra videos titled with "cancer" a "bonus" video is completely missing the mark and who her audience is! That is outrageous and ugly to call anything a "bonus cancer video" We were mostly there to support her emotionally, offer her strength and prayers, and possibly learn from her experience. I don't want to be a number. I don't need "bonus cancer videos". That is abhorrent and absolutely distasteful.

She lost me when she began believing she was exchanging entertainment value for commercial benefit. She completely lost what this community was actually all about and turned it into a commercial venture. Even noticing the time she posts, the days, her shorts, attempt at tiktoks, what she is now doing as is recommended by other YTers for best exposure and monetary value, this is all very unseemly to me.

She lost the spirit she had initially created. Like others, I now cringe seeing Matt's pained expressions as Tiffany tries to film a hug with him, or Amma's when she's driving her to A&E, so worried about her daughter, or seeing her shots in a hospital bed knowing they were staged before captured and the camera was strategically placed there for maximum dramatic effect. I'm getting an "icky" feeling now.

I also cringe now seeing video of Tiff walking down a hospital corridor or other set up shots, knowing they aren't natural, but are cinematically added for YT content. I am nauseated thinking she is actually making a motion picture out of this rather than filming raw and real life experiences and emotions. That's what I was attracted to. That's what's been lost. To not even know her health status really leads me to believe that she's become too caught up in the "storyline" and perceived commercial success she's created that she can no longer face let alone disclose what's really going on. Unfortunately, I think Tiffany lost her true self and lost the true spirit and meaning of what she'd created. Instead of inspiring us to want to continue on, she lost at least me when she became too enthralled in her success and lost the big picture of documenting her raw, unedited cancer journey. We became numbers to her in her YT story.

I can't watch anymore for my own mental health so ~THANK YOU~ to those providing summaries here! I remain partially invested in her cancer journey, so this way, I can at least keep up with any pertinent health status updates! You are saving my sanity! I truly hope Tiffany can give great thought to what she's doing and what documenting and sharing her cancer journey is really about. It is a tragedy to knock down such a community of support and treat them as numbers to achieve financial gain, especially when she may need this community the most. To see the outpouring of support when she deigned to ask for opinions on her nontreatment choice only goes to show the depth of knowledge, experience and compassion she had built. It was quite overwhelming and inspiring. I hate that she may lose it all for such shallow ends. I hope she expands her outlook and talks to those around her who may be able to have a better grasp on what's going on. And let's hope it's only her audience who is left baffled and discombobulated by her health status, and that she has a much MUCH clearer picture of what is really going on with her health.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

justmakemoney

Additional observations:

Tiffany's thumbnail finally matched the content. The still where she looks terribly sad is representative of that clip in the video -- she's teary-eyed and visibly fearful for the duration. It wasn't clickbait this time.

The surgeon is likely reachable, but for some reason is not in contact with Tiffany (see possible explanation below).

The emotional reaction after going in the hospital makes it clear (to me anyways) that it was a real appointment, as the visceral reaction of disdain, legitimate confusion and fear was all over Tiffany's face. Not affectation, but little expressions that are extremely hard to fake.

Tiffany truly doesn't know - probably despite being told in numerous ways - what stage her cancer is. Written reports would be available after every appointment and knowing how much data has been explained to her based on protocol, I have to conclude she's not taking in the information or flatly rejecting it.

Matt reiterating Tiffany's words that "it doesn't matter whether it's stage three or four" more than once, suggests they're either both in denial or Matt is trying to make her feel better by planting the seed that stage four isn't so bad (and because he knows it's possible). Notwithstanding, Matt suggesting that doctors are like "politicians" and "there's no point asking questions because they don't help" is terrible advice that contradicts wanting to help Tiffany. Therefore, it seems more like denial, because I believe he cares about her but is saying what he wants to believe. It's making matters so much worse for Tiffany.

From their conversation outside, it sounds like the doctor tried to tell Tiffany it was stage four (or could be) and it got "awkward" because Tiffany and Matt wouldn't accept what they were saying or took the gentle approach as "swerving". Perhaps she was told to read the letter because a) they weren't getting anywhere despite the doctor's responses and/or b) she's no longer a patient of the former doctor and the letter's already in the post. It could explain the switch in doctors and reference to the letter after an implied back-and-forth of dialogue that Tiffany omitted from the video.

This video had the most sadness, anger and disgust from Tiffany, which she misdirected towards her audience, but was a distinct change from all other videos. The glazed-over look of being haunted with one's mortality was visible, even though her words were contradicting her emotions. Here's one of many examples where her face betrays her words, which is normal facing terrible news, but it shows she doesn't believe what she's saying. Somewhere, Tiffany knows that her stage matters.

Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 8.16.25 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 8.16.54 PM.png

Please don't make fun of Tiffany's expressions. I'm sharing these screenshots to show the pain, fear and terror in her face when saying it "doesn't matter". You can almost see the whites above her eyes in the second picture, which takes real terror or surprise to show. This says a lot about her state of mind -- she'll verbalise what she wants to believe, but her true emotions are visibly contradicting those words in this video. She's now faced with potentially life-changing news, making the stakes higher in reading her affect and demeanour.

There is no "happy face" covering up her feelings, as we usually see in her videos. This is someone who is legitimately rattled to their core.

Psychological assistance could make a world of difference in her potentially accepting her situation. It may be too late, but having a healthy state of mind with a terminal illness is far better than pink clouding or having a mental breakdown. You may be thinking, "why didn't she insist on finding out the stage or hear how crazy she sounds on video", and I reckon the answer is that she did try but couldn't process the way the doctor was giving her the news, and Matt by extension.

Yes, it's possible the doctor was incompetent and dodging their questions, but all things being equal, Tiffany's pattern of confusion over the past year - regarding basic questions - tends to point in her direction. From this video, I truly believe she's shut the basic details of her case out of her mind, as the vast majority of people with cancer would know their staging and would know to ask for print-outs without Youtube commenters suggesting it.

There's clearly subconscious knowledge of her reality, but the denial since the start is breaking down, making it the most remarkable vlog in terms of understanding who she is. Yes, she plays dumb for Youtube, has a little girl affectation and strings out content, but her genuine inability to accept cancer or make measured decisions is genuinely showing here. The good news is that her face isn't capable of playing along with her delusion, meaning a psych could have success; the bad news is that she's asking vital questions way too late to allow room for error or confusion.

There's only so many opportunities with deadly cancer, and I'd hate for her mind to have gotten in the way of a life-saving decision. Matt needs to stay away or stop filling her head with reinforcement of mad statements (telling her not to ask questions), and Tiffany needs to book that therapy appointment immediately. If she's didn't receive legitimate answers from the doctor, then she has my sympathy and apologies for being wrong, but she's absolutely trying to convince herself this isn't serious and minimising vital information.

The number one priority should be mental health. Nothing else will make sense until she can process her emotions coherently.

Completely devastating video. I have no criticism to offer this time; I've seen deadly denial before and I don't want to see it again. If Tiffany is reading this, I hope you know we want you to live, we want what's best and that's why we're remotely invested. There are trolls out there who don't care, but I haven't seen them here. We want you to be able to understand. We want you healthy enough mentally to help yourself physically. We don't joke around to hurt you, and our anger is not hate. We care what happens to you.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Blobvvv

Can I just say how appreciative I am that I found this community of lovely, intelligent people. Before this thread was created I was googling after almost every video to see if someone else is talking about her. I kept looking at the comments under her video but all I found was page after page of blind appraisal and I didn't want to be the "hater" or the odd one out to question a "cancer patient." How awful right? Lol. The day I found this thread I was rejoiced. I'm learning new things, I'm discussing ideas, I'm seeing different sides of point of views, I'm practicing advocating for myself more in my own life, I'm reading about other people's experience with cancer, being that my dad too is a cancer survivor and his been in remission for four years now. This community is truly amazing and I love everyone here. My loving Tattle Life Family lol.

• Heart
  • Haha

ginnyw

VIP Member
What confounds me is that all those gushing followers on YouTube seem to actually think that she has posted her 'bonus video' purely out of love for them. It's almost like they are members of some weird cult! Thank God for Tattle, where people live in the real world.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

jackolantern

VIP Member
As someone who works in the area of mental health, I can absolutely say her fluctuating behaviour is perfectly normal. I find it quite callous that her situation would be described as an utter circus. People can decide to not watch and not to buy her merch, but she has no option but to live with her cancer. At the end of the day, she is a real human being and is going through a horrendous time. Nobody can predict how another person will react (or they themselves) to news of a terminal or extremely life-limiting diagnosis - and it is wilfully ignorant to prescribe how someone facing this struggle *should* react.
With respect, this is tattle. We talk, that's the point. Everyone here wants Tiffany to advocate for herself and live. You could add more to the conversation by giving us insight into as a mental health professional - what would help Tiffany, as opposed to just coming here to have a go at us. The softly approach could cost Tiffany her life. I'm sorry but I can't be ok with that. That's an absurd price to pay.

• Heart

J3N1800

Some of her comments that are probably going to be deleted.
That one comment that says 'I don't want to be blocked' made me so sad.
People taking time to comment often have good intentions, she just doesn't want to hear it!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow

Eddertillet

I rewatched the video. According to Matt, the doctor said "The tumor is still the same size (T4b) and you're still stage 4". Then Tiffany asked "What do you mean, i'm stage 4, i thought i'm stage 3. Am i stage 4 then?" The doctor replied "We will write you a letter telling you what stage you are".

It all is really weird.

• Wow
  • Heart

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I just posted something on her last video, after having read so many people asking for the ones who incited her to show proof to be blocked. Here is my post, which will most likely be removed:

How about a new name for this online 'family' : the TiffanyTics family.

Yesterday I had posted the following, and gotten 14 likes, but no response from her.

Tiffany, if your surgeon is still sick (which I find hard to believe.) who will be doing your colonoscopic biopsies? Did you ask them that question?

In some countries, a month off sick is considered short-term disability, and would require a replacement for the interim period. I do not believe this surgeon has been sick for one month. There are ways to find this out, obviously.
The surgeon is a human being and there could be a multitude of reasons for him being off work. If he is off with health issues then this could be anything - he could have had heart surgery, a stroke, cancer, a mental health breakdown etc etc etc - speculation on this man’s health and trying to discredit his own personal issues is disgraceful. It shouldn’t even be an issue. The man Is not at work and is off for the foreseeable future. Case closed. The failure is that the hospital haven’t (apparently) got someone in to replace him in the interim. However, her focus on him is odd - he’s her surgeon, not her oncologist. Her questions shouldn’t be directed at him.

• Heart

ellyjelly2

VIP Member
The reason she is called out is because she is so unknowledgeable about her own bloody cancer and drip feeds nuggets of information. She is a professional 30yr old woman who has managed to live alone, buy a house, get renovations done on it, learn to drive, run her own company, hold down a good job, she is far from stupid. Cancer and plans change all the time, we all know that, however she never tell’s the story. It should be easy to say this is what the surgeon said…XYZ, it’s changed from before. Then after she spoke to her team, why did she not end the vlog with that information? Nope, gotta tune back in for that! Sorry Tiffany, people are rightly not impressed with you.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Marchonegypt

I've wasted a year of life on this woman and she's done nothing but treat us with contempt.
I've had enough!

• Heart
  • Sad

DivineMystic

Bleeding & Mucus *tea with tiffanythinks* ep. 13

She went to the hospital yesterday. She's not gonna talk about her confusion and worries and hospital visit till Thursday's vlog. Still getting mucus, and blood, not a lot though. Been a long time since biopsy. Wants to call and ask surgeon if she has no cancer, then shouldn't have bleeding right. She didn't sleep well because she still has not gotten answers, and confused. She seems more confused than ever. No, I think I am. She then went on about work plans, and vlogmas. Still waiting for biopsy date with surgeon. Think she's gotten dates for scans. She's manifesting she'll be ok. Matt and her are doing very well, sleeping early after prayers. I stopped watching guys, I can't, I just can't anymore.

P/S Bleeding & Mucus (Cancer) in thumbnail

• Heart

ellyjelly2

VIP Member
The loving TTF isn’t all that nice, saying the ones who doubt her should be put in front of a firing squad! or they need names and numbers as they are ready to take them out! WTF are they going to do, attack us with blue bullet journals?😂

• Haha
  • Heart

LeonorG

VIP Member
What she said about the surgery and the incoming scans and biopsies: "I don't know what the next set of results is going to be. If there is an inkling of cancer cells and if there is anyting that the doctor finds suspicious, or he is not sure of, then I'm gonna have to go for surgery, but for now, I have decided that I'm going to wait and watch and see what happens next."

- She is making it sound like there is no cancer in her. She says she will have the surgery if the surgeon finds something. Doesn't she know there is a large tumour inside of her? She is making it sound like there is nothing suspicious inside of her right now. Doesn't she realise that now is the time to have the surgery, whilst good margins could be achieved and whilst there is nothing more than what there is now? If she waits for the surgeon to find something suspicious, she will be inoperable. Omg.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

Cosmo Kramer

I am now relying on this thread for updates as I can’t face watching her videos.

Did she really effectively say ‘tune in next time to find out what I’m worried about…’? That is so manipulative and calculating. She might as well have said, ‘if I string this out a bit more, I’ll get more money from you gullible lot’.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21