Tiffany Thinks #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't claim to have had any experience even close to what Tiffany has been thru but in thinking back on the initial stages after I was out of surgery and before going to a room I just want to forget that time...it was awful. Having my daughter see me was bad enough let alone recording. I am left wondering if we are ever going to know the real prognosis here. As usual we will have to rely on some here with the medical experience and knowledge to see what appointments she goes to and treatment if any to decide how successful the surgery was. I think at the very early stages the surgeon wanted to reassure Tiffany that indeed some things went well including leaving the bladder...got to put the best possible spin on the surgery given her fragile mental status.I also imagine he wants to be sure to have Elodie or Amma in the room to hear about results given that Tiffany is very medicated. They are family. This should be interesting to watch as the days go by. I admit I will tune in for the next installment.

Reactions: 15
I think it’s her phone she’s recording on, tbh if it made her feel a bit less scared or lonely then good. I think she showed a true take of what that surgery entail. She was funny when she said it’s all the walking around the garden centre.
Good point about her phone. She probably had it glued to her hand and yes, you’re right re feeling less frightened ❤

Reactions: 8
I don't claim to have had any experience even close to what Tiffany has been thru but in thinking back on the initial stages after I was out of surgery and before going to a room I just want to forget that time...it was awful. Having my daughter see me was bad enough let alone recording. I am left wondering if we are ever going to know the real prognosis here. As usual we will have to rely on some here with the medical experience and knowledge to see what appointments she goes to and treatment if any to decide how successful the surgery was. I think at the very early stages the surgeon wanted to reassure Tiffany that indeed some things went well including leaving the bladder...got to put the best possible spin on the surgery given her fragile mental status.I also imagine he wants to be sure to have Elodie or Amma in the room to hear about results given that Tiffany is very medicated. They are family. This should be interesting to watch as the days go by. I admit I will tune in for the next installment.
Yes there are still question marks over several of her previous results and situations (the mucin, the "still stage 4 cancer" remark by the oncologist) so who knows what she will share in the future.

Reactions: 7
I for one was very impressed with the video. This is the reality of cancer and exactly what lots of people on here were complaining that she was not sharing. I totally understand how her talking to a camera made her feel less alone at such a scary time. When I myself have been seriously ill in ICU I wanted my phone to watch who knows what and although I was in no fit state to do so, it offered me some level of distraction and comfort. Yes this is different to filming yourself but Tiffany is a vlogger and that's what she does. She showed such a vulnerable side to her in this video and what really came across to me is how genuinely sweet natured she is especially when talking to the nurse. I wish her nothing but the best!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Seen the question asked a few times. Phones and ICU.
Maybe each NHS trust is different.
My husband wasn’t allowed to use his phone in ICU. The doctors would call me often to update me.
When he was stepped down to HDU he was
I am not sure what the surgeon told her nor do I understand the margins still being in question...I always thought they are constantly checking those during the surgery and would continue until they were clear. Apparently that was not possible. She is so incredibly vulnerable at this point and clearly still so mediated that the surgeon may have qualified that "good news" with lots of info and I don't expect Matt to say anything other than what he did "it is GENERALLY good news". Based on her last video I think more of the reality has set in with Tiffany. This latest video was just brutal to watch and I have to wonder who the staff assisted and permitted this recording. Maybe the lead surgeon is going to make a documentary about this case if it is successful?

I am shocked by that. Not just covid but so many viruses going around at this time of year. Makes me wonder about the RM or was she told to wear one and took it off when in there?
Yeah surgeons go make documentaries about cases. I hope you wasn’t being serious

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I would be more nuanced about that. Calling her « selfish » is a bit much I agree and we definitely handle things differently. Getting angry at her because she didn’t contact or answer her friends is honestly quite understandable to me. Well personally I am not angry at her ( she’s not my friend or a loved one) but I would be angry at her if she was my friend and didn’t answer. No matter what you’re going through at some point you need to answer or you’re gonna lose your loved ones/ friends/job, everything …

I’ve been in a low place/in depression a few times in my life and I’ve not answered some friends and still to these days I feel guilty. One of my best friend has bipolar disorder. Depression for bipolar disorder is called melancholia and that is one of the worst mental state you can be in. People are commiting suicide when they are in that state. When we try to reach out to her and she doesn’t answer, we start to panic. It’s normal when you are very low to be « self centered » if not selfish but when my friend hides she knows it’s BAD even when she is very low she knows it’s cruel to do that she knows that we are crazy worried and about to call the police ! And do you know what, even on her worst days when she cannot get out of the bed cannot sleep cannot eat and cannot stop thinking about killing herself she manages to call her job because she knows people are waiting for her !!!

I don’t agree that she wasn’t given good news. What do you mean by that ?How do we know ? Of course her cancer journey is not over but we know nothing about margins, patho results ( it seems that she is waiting for them?) results of the next scan or anything … For all we know she could be NED even if doctors won’t tell her that so soon because they have no idea and would rather wait for the next scans/months/years.I recently talked to my dad about Tiffany (since he had the same cancer) and I discovered that he has a friend who had the exact same surgery and same cancer, she was 60 it was around 10 years ago and now she is totally fine she is a very active lady, doing yoga classes with my dad … The worst part for her was management of the ostomy and not being able to sit. She had to sit on a specific donut cushion and then on a huge soft ball for months … But she is NED, sure it’s worst for Tiffany because my dad’ friend already had a long sex life and kids before surgery but I mean she’s NED. Tiffany is stage 3 she is not about to die and the intent of that surgery was curative, not only to « gain a few years » ! Sure cancer might come back, some microscopic cancer cells might have been left, seeding might have occurred during surgery but we don’t know about that, even doctors don’t know yet maybe , but to me she might be on her way to be NED/and not on the verge of death.

She is probably in so much shock and fear ? Sure many fears but the fear (about dying or cancer) is the same as usual for her and should get a bit better if results are good hopefully . She had almost inoperable cancer before and she was vlogging like crazy and the fear was definitely quite the same I guess… And you are supposedly less « shocked » when you are adequately prepared to something .I have a cousin who woke up after giving birth ( everything went bad she had a general anesthetic in emergency) and she had lost her bladder and learnt that it would be her only son/last pregnancy. It happens to many people for various reasons and that is a « shock » because you didn’t know beforehand what was about to happen… Tiffany was in denial but she could have started to grief and prepared herself before but she didn’t and now obviously she is in a very low mental state probably worse than if she had prepared herself mentally and I feel for her …

But you know, no matter if you’re depressed, very low, in fear, shocked, in pain mourning or anything, when you have a job and can’t come you call the boss, don’t you ?
I don’t mind she’s making money with her channel BUT she makes money thanks to the people who are watching. So it is a JOB, a business … I don’t follow her for personal entertainment but because I have Lynch like syndrome and 1 risk on 2 to get the same cancer so I follow her for informations about her cancer journey.
Sorry to say but it’s a job and we are the « clients » we deserve to know if the shop is closed for how long and if it’s written « bikes for sale » we want to be able to buy bikes if the shop is open. If the business owner has lost her wife unexpectedly he still manages to write « closed » on the door of the shop. If he doesn’t, clients are gonna be angry and if he never comes back he will lose the job. She has responsibility with her job.
She has responsibility with her friends / loved ones. That is why she was sorry for leaving people in the dark. I still feel guilty for leaving some friends in the dark , years after. My bipolar friend feels GUILTY when she is thinking about a plan to end her life while her loved ones are going crazy on her phone … And I love her and forgive her but I am still angry at her when she doesn’t answer ! And both of us do know that hiding is not the solution …

Everyone/lots of people have experienced various traumas through their life, most of the time it does not prevent them from being responsible towards their loved ones and their colleagues/clients. We obviously should be more forgiving if they are in a difficult situation but only to some extent.

Personally I don’t think I expect much from her, she should just say so if she wants to leave, and give at least some basic updates and informations about her health journey if she wanna stay. We’re not her friends or her « loving » family sure, but we are her job. I can tell you that overall, few cancer patients have the « chance » to make money with YT while laying on their bed. If they are alone/no family/no savings and can’t work they have to live on benefits and that’s it and it’s not easy.

Overall for Tiffany, sure recovery is gonna be tough, and having to adjust is surely difficult and I feel for her, but she might very well have a beautiful long life ahead, she has a big loving family, a loving partner( it seems HA) she has money, one day she might be NED and a happy mom, hopefully…
I apologize, I don’t know how to quote direct statements from your post that I wanted to respond to.. I’ll learn eventually! So I copied and pasted some of what you said and responded to them.

‘No matter what you’re going through at some point you need to answer or you’re gonna lose your loved ones/ friends/job, everything …’ - she did answer and she did it on her own time.. she knew what she did wasn’t the best way to go about it as she apologized in her video.

‘I’ve been in a low place/in depression a few times in my life and I’ve not answered some friends and still to these days I feel guilty.’ And do you know what, even on her worst days when she cannot get out of the bed cannot sleep cannot eat and cannot stop thinking about killing herself she manages to call her job because she knows people are waiting for her !!!’

These quotes of yours I feel like you’re comparing again and I do not think you should compare anyones pain or difficult experiences. This was my point in my post you responded to. Just because your friend can manage to call her job on her ‘worst days’ doesn’t mean it’s fair to compare t to your friend. 2 people can go through difficult, identical experiences and get through them differently. Just because your friend has suicidal thoughts, but manages to contact people, no matter how difficult that is for your friend, it’s not right to compare t to your friend. We don’t have a clue as to what t is going through or feeling. Some could say ‘I could contact my friends and family’ but how do you know that if you’ve never had stage 3 cancer and just had PE surgery?

Yep, you’re right.. I jumped to assumptions when I wrote that many of us thought she didn’t receive good news. I apologize.. that was wrong of me.

‘But you know, no matter if you’re depressed, very low, in fear, shocked, in pain mourning or anything, when you have a job and can’t come you call the boss, don’t you ?’

I don’t agree with your statement here. And also what you wrote here
Sorry to say but it’s a job and we are the « clients » we deserve to know if the shop is closed for how long and if it’s written « bikes for sale » we want to be able to buy bikes if the shop is open. If the business owner has lost her wife unexpectedly he still manages to write « closed » on the door of the shop. If he doesn’t, clients are gonna be angry and if he never comes back he will lose the job. She has responsibility with her job.
She has responsibility with her friends / loved ones. That is why she was sorry for leaving people in the dark. I still feel guilty for leaving some friends in the dark , years after. My bipolar friend feels GUILTY when she is thinking about a plan to end her life while her loved ones are going crazy on her phone’

She doesn’t have a boss and she can post whenever she likes. I read comments on here that people were annoyed that she spent so much time vlogging and she should take a break. When she takes a break, people now want an update, when she gives an update, the update is not enough for people. She can’t seem to please anyone. I keep repeating myself. honestly with an empathetic lens, I think your opinion would change. You keep comparing t to your friend living with bipolar and now a shop owner who can put up a sign informing his clients his shop is ‘closed’ because of his wife’s death. It’s honestly not right. I’m sorry for your friend. I live with a neurodiversity a 6 diagnosed mental illnesses. I don’t use my mental illnesses in comparison to t in her last video. ‘Oh I have 6 mental illnesses.. but I would contact my friends and family’ how would I know that if I’ve never had t’s experiences? Yes, I’ve had suicidal ideations after I was sexually assaulted and I couldn’t get out of bed nor eat. In those years, I lost many friends and I secluded myself completely.. I was angry at life. I can relate to her not wanting to contact anyone, but I will never fully understand as I am not t, and again.. we all deal with things differently.
Her body that she has lived with for 30 years has changed, and I’m sure that is so traumatic and devastating for someone. That in itself makes me so heartbroken and teary eyed for her. Yes, she makes me beyond frustrated, but empathy is needed. She has appeared to be in denial for over a year and maybe reality is hitting her now.

I’ve not watched it yet. But my heart is breaking for her already, while reading all your posts.
I’m having a super bad day today so I think I’ll wait for a better day.
Thank you for the pre warning.
hope you’re doing ok ♥

That new video is so desperately sad. The fact she is SO addicted to social media validation that she's picking up the camera as soon as she wakes up from major surgery, while incredibly medicated, is just heartbreaking. How did someone not step in and stop that?
I knew she said she did some filming while in hospital.. but I was not expecting this. I think at the beginning of the video she said ‘I missed a day’ .. a day of filming? Very sad.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I think at the beginning of the video she said ‘I missed a day’ .. a day of filming? Very sad.
I don't believe she meant she missed a day of filming, rather she missed a day in general due to not being awake, being on a ventilator.

I feel differently to many of you on here regarding whether it was appropriate for Tiffany to film herself in ICU. I thought that took real guts. She would know how bad she looked. This is cancer, in all it's horrible reality and I feel that she's a bit damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. People complain about her vacuous vlogs with no cancer content because they want to hear more about the cancer treatment. When she finally shows us the reality of extensive cancer surgery, people don't like it. She has driven me mental in the past but for this, I applaud her.
This! Couldn’t agree with you more.

I don't believe she meant she missed a day of filming, rather she missed a day in general due to not being awake, being on a ventilator.
Ah ok. I had no idea what she meant.. I assumed she was talking about filming because she’s filming right away, soon after surgery.

I've not yet watched her latest video - not in the best frame of mind right now, but from all the comments I've read here I completely agree with you. It may not be easy to watch and "too much" as some people have commented, but it's reality. Tiffany isn't the best at articulating her words, so if this how she conveys the grimness and rawness of her situation, then I think it's a good thing.
I much prefer this to the usual fluff on her channel. Not because I enjoy watching people suffer, but because it's real. I think she's very brave to show herself like this.
Hope everything is ok April ♥

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes agree. She’s saying it’s now another day and I’ve missed in between as I wasn’t awake. Probably just trying to get her bearings as it would take time to shake the fog. The drugs used also cloud memory so she would need quite some time to come fully coherent.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That new video is so desperately sad. The fact she is SO addicted to social media validation that she's picking up the camera as soon as she wakes up from major surgery, while incredibly medicated, is just heartbreaking. How did someone not step in and stop that?
Because it pays the bills

also…
She has a mortgage to pay, 100k subscriber goal to reach and a lifestyle to maintain… plus she’s lonely I suppose?

Yes, hard to see for a mum, but tagged together with the narrative from the surgeons, it would almost have been therapeutic to kiss and touch her and visually see she made it out and she’s being well cared for in ICU.

It’s true it’s harder on the people looking on than the patient themself.
After my harrowing 23hr surgery, my husband’s hair all fell out, every single strand! It’s a form of shock apparently and it happens overnight.
I hope Amma is doing ok. She’s the unsung hero for sure!
What surgery did you have done Daisy? Almost a whole day in theatre :(
It must be shocking for you both to see your husbands lost all his hair :( ?
A few years ago our manager suddenly left at the hospital where I worked at the time. They brought in an area manager to oversee things until a new manager was employed. The area manager wore a head covering at all times, we all assumed that perhaps it was a treatment causing hair loss. On the staff xmas party outing she ended up getting dipsy and opened up about why she wore a hair covering. Like you said Daisy! Shock had caused complete hair loss.

You are right, Elodie & Amma are indeed family, but so is Matt.
Matt is her partner that she lives with. Hence why T's surgeon called Matt and updated Matt.
No surgeon would expect or want to be sure that a patients sister to be in the room. The consultations are with Tiffany. T is his patient.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I just watched the video... Poor Tiffany. It broke my heart when she was crying for Matt and her mom. She was so brave to get the surgery done. I wish her all the best with her recovery.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I messed up the quote tags but I'm replying to @LeonorG.
They probably removed the rectum and whatever part of the colon needed to be removed en bloc (in one piece). The pathologists would check for microscopic cancer cells on the colon end of the specimen - the upper margin. Also... say they saw an abnormal spot on the bladder... they would take a sample and give it immediately to the pathologist who would analyze via "frozen section" while the surgery team waits for the result. If negative then the bladder stays .. just giving an example, not saying that's what happened to T. Personal note After my mastectomy in 2005 I had a positive microscopic margin on my chest wall. I asked the surgeon you're going to do another surgery and dig out that area right? and she said absolutely not, there's no more tissue left to take out. I was shocked ... but the radiation took care of whatever cancer cells got left behind that didnt get knocked off by the chemo. Back to T, here's hoping all of the margins are clean and any lymph nodes removed were negative. Even so I wonder if she will still receive more chemo once she is healed and has regained her strength. I can see myself or anyone else in her position saying nope we're done here. Surgery is over, let me heal and let me be.

• Heart
I messed up the quote tags but I'm replying to @LeonorG.
They probably removed the rectum and whatever part of the colon needed to be removed en bloc (in one piece). The pathologists would check for microscopic cancer cells on the colon end of the specimen - the upper margin. Also... say they saw an abnormal spot on the bladder... they would take a sample and give it immediately to the pathologist who would analyze via "frozen section" while the surgery team waits for the result. If negative then the bladder stays .. just giving an example, not saying that's what happened to T. Personal note After my mastectomy in 2005 I had a positive microscopic margin on my chest wall. I asked the surgeon you're going to do another surgery and dig out that area right? and she said absolutely not, there's no more tissue left to take out. I was shocked ... but the radiation took care of whatever cancer cells got left behind that didnt get knocked off by the chemo. Back to T, here's hoping all of the margins are clean and any lymph nodes removed were negative. Even so I wonder if she will still receive more chemo once she is healed and has regained her strength. I can see myself or anyone else in her position saying nope we're done here. Surgery is over, let me heal and let me be.
Thanks so much for explaining. So even if something is left behind, further treatment could take care of it. That's interesting. She mentioned there might be more "hurdles" just before she had the surgery and potentially getting more chemo so I guess that is quite likely.

Reactions: 5
I just watched the video... Poor Tiffany. It broke my heart when she was crying for Matt and her mom. She was so brave to get the surgery done. I wish her all the best with her recovery.
It's not nice seeing anyone cry, not at all.
I have met some lovely doctors and I sure respect most of them, but I care a lot for all nurses. Whether it is a specialist nurse, a research nurse, a ward nurse, a hospice nurse, community palliative nurse........ literally any nurse. They are worth their weight in gold and are what I would describe as true angels. They are the ones that truely care. For me personally, they support & care for my husband when I can't be there.
I can only imagine what nurses witness in recovery rooms. Seeing patients cry, scared, confused etc.
Matt and Amma wasn't there when Tiffany woke, but I am sure that those nurses will have cared for T.
I often think about all those nurses that cared for all the Covid patients when families wasn't able to visit them due to the virus. I have so much respect for each and everyone of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
What surgery did you have done Daisy? Almost a whole day in theatre :(
It must be shocking for you both to see your husbands lost all his hair :( ?
A few years ago our manager suddenly left at the hospital where I worked at the time. They brought in an area manager to oversee things until a new manager was employed. The area manager wore a head covering at all times, we all assumed that perhaps it was a treatment causing hair loss. On the staff xmas party outing she ended up getting dipsy and opened up about why she wore a hair covering. Like you said Daisy! Shock had caused complete hair loss.

You are right, Elodie & Amma are indeed family, but so is Matt.
Matt is her partner that she lives with. Hence why T's surgeon called Matt and updated Matt.
No surgeon would expect or want to be sure that a patients sister to be in the room. The consultations are with Tiffany. T is his patient.
It is a shock Saydee … one big enormous shock!
We joke about it now … there’s a saying over here ‘head like a mudguard ~ all shiny on top and tit underneath’ 🤣 and you know what? It’s super sexy and I love him and his bald head and zero eyebrows sooooo much ❤!

I had extensive pelvic surgery, a nicked aorta with 32 litre blood loss and two cardiac arrests.
I am blessed you know …already had my beautiful children so God was good to me. And I’m still here to be there mama … how lucky am I 💕

Thanks Saydee … you are such a beautiful person. Thank you.
Strength and determination is the key. Find the positives and follow them xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Thanks so much for explaining. So even if something is left behind, further treatment could take care of it.
Yeah Leonor, thats why in some cancers, post operative chemo is prescribed. Its considered 'mop up' treatment, mopping up any stray lurkers. Not all cancers though, for example kidney cancer........ its resistant to chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It is great reading this thread and seeing the different opinions about things like Tiffany posting the ICU video, but people here being careful to state their opinions respectfully. The kindness here brought tears to my eyes today and I’m someone who rarely ever cries.

Ok I just checked Krocks in the Kitchen Instagram and Facebook - no update. The pinned comment on the latest YouTube video said they would have an update by today so I’m a little nervous.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It is great reading this thread and seeing the different opinions about things like Tiffany posting the ICU video, but people here being careful to state their opinions respectfully. The kindness here brought tears to my eyes today and I’m someone who rarely ever cries.

Ok I just checked Krocks in the Kitchen Instagram and Facebook - no update. The pinned comment on the latest YouTube video said they would have an update by today so I’m a little nervous.
i am gettng a bit nervous....just the photo of jessica that said she made it thru. I know she is the on that knows most about posting on the social media sites. I think something will come tomorrow. that was a major surgery Jessie had with a lot of risks and unknowns.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.