Tiffany Thinks #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought she was more informative and candid than she's ever been, and she certainly has more insight about her mental wellbeing. She recognises that her usual defence mechanism of blocking things out is not working, and she is struggling. I feel for her

• Heart
Reactions: 18
No mention of hysterectomy. Wonder what the bladder issue is.
Same happened to Nat's bladder after her PE. Tiffany mentioned in an old vlog (attached) that the nurse told her that there would be bladder problems after PE. It can get damaged during the surgery. It probably will take time for her bladder to work again.

Here it is. Start watching at 15:30 if you are interested. She mentions that she won't have sensation there and won't be able to pee.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
She maybe has nerve damage affecting the bladder? Or post op issues with retention? Might be having to self catheterise..
Exactly what happened with me. I was left with nerve damage and no signal that I needed to have a wee. After a further surgery which failed, it became obvious that my bladder was perm damaged.
I now self catheterise, but its so second nature to me. Took me a long while to get used to it though.

I do hope that the loners and needy actually give T some space. It is a lot to process, it would be for anyone.

Tiffany mentioned (in a summer vlog) that the nurse told her that there would be bladder problems after PE. It can get damaged during the surgery. It probably will take time for her bladder to work again. Same happened to Nat's bladder after the surgery.
It doesn't always start to work again. Mine didn't.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Sounds like a crass valentines poem. Vee should give it up as a bad attempt
No way, they are not giving up. They have another 10 or 12 more poems to publish. 🙃

She’s back at defending herself. ‘This isn’t an educational channel’ lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8
apologies, i started listening and it was going on and on and i must've fastforwarded over the bit where she said about what had happened. I wish her all the best and hope they've got all the cancer out.

Reactions: 11
I imagin she’s had her uterus/vagina removed too but I can’t see her ever saying that. PE is a huge surgery. I think she now realises this isn’t the end and more scans will be needed,

Reactions: 15
It was always very obvious to me that T wouldn't be able to block it out after surgery. I suppose that's why I have been bleating about giving her space over the last couple of weeks.
T's always hidden/distracted herself with Amma's juices, silly faces, trips to the garden center, cosy pj's, xmas trees and so on.
After surgery it was def going to be different.
Actually seeing the scars, feeling the pain and knowing organs are gone. She will process it I am sure, but it will take time.

Reactions: 17
I'm just thinking, if she is not ready to talk about it (as she says), why is she even doing a video? She is incredibly addicted to vlogging. And she never will be "ready". She said many times in the past that she will make a "separate video" about these surgery details but it never happened. She should just make one video about pertinent details, the results, future treatments and such. Just like any other cancer vlogger does.

She knew she couldn't have children, right? So the uterus is nbd. The vagina is another matter entirely

I'm certain she had a total pelvic exenteration. Everything removed minus the bladder.

I imagin she’s had her uterus/vagina removed too but I can’t see her ever saying that. PE is a huge surgery. I think she now realises this isn’t the end and more scans will be needed,
She mentioned a few times before that the vagina and uterus would be removed. Even in that 'removing organs' vlog.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Any word how Amma and Matt are doing or how she's physically managing her recovery? Does she have external care? Has she availed herself of psychological help?

Reactions: 5
She said something along the lines of “whatever happens the doctors tried their best” and “it’s now in gods hands”.

I get the feeling they haven’t been able to remove all of the cancer. Could be wrong and hope I’m wrong!
That part made me worry too. I feel quite sorry for her actually. She had all these hopes that surgery = cancer free (even though I think so many tried to tell her otherwise) and I think it's hit her now that surgery is not the end of the road.

The other thing.. colon full of cancer cells. I wonder if another thing adding to her low mood is the realization that her watch and wait decision was the wrong one.

Hope Amma and Matt are OK too

Any word how Amma and Matt are doing or how she's physically managing her recovery? Does she have external care? Has she availed herself of psychological help?
She said nurses were coming in to provide care. They're probably pretty good at dealing with psychological needs too really

I imagin she’s had her uterus/vagina removed too but I can’t see her ever saying that.
She mentioned "something taken from one place and used in the other", probably talking about her plastic surgery (neovagina).
Yeah, she'll never say any more than that.

Reactions: 16
She mentioned "something taken from one place and used in the other", probably talking about her plastic surgery (neovagina).
Yeah, she'll never say any more than that.
She also mentioned in a previous video about fat from her backside to be used as filler when they remove organs? Could it be that too? But I agree, she will probably never say.

I'm just thinking, if she is not ready to talk about it (as she says), why is she even doing a video? She is incredibly addicted to vlogging. And she never will be "ready". She said many times in the past that she will make a "separate video" about these surgery details but it never happened. She should just make one video about pertinent details, the results, future treatments and such. Just like any other cancer vlogger does.
I also think she can no longer use her usual defense mechanism so she might be ready at some point who knows ?... I find that she has made progress in terms of information and transparency, ( she said pelvic exenteration and she insisted on the fact that videos are prerecorded ) she knows that she will have to continue to talk about her recovery from the operation and the aftermath if she wants the 100k and I now think that she might reach them... Yes I think she is really addicted to YT and the fame but is it so bad for her mental health, I don't know... Maybe it really makes her feel good...

Apologies for my absence, I don't even have a note for the headteacher. Seriously though, it was Christmas and I had all my kids home (oh my heart ❤) plus three hospital appointments so - life, you know, and all that.

Anyhoo - New video summary...

TT is sorry.
I was going to say "the end" and had actually typed it out but deleted because that's kinda short. But true so 🤷‍♀️

Anyway she is, she's sorry for keeping the fam dangling. She has videoed some clips but she's meditated. We want to see those clips. For the love of god post those clips.
She's ok - if you want to know more about her surgery you're either going to have to take a wild guess or Google it, because she's not going to tell you, ever. But she's sorry. Very sorry, she says so several times. Also there is new merch to buy so do that as you wait for more info...*tumbleweed*

• Haha
  • Heart
I'm afraid not :( Started to explain her surgery, got through one sentence, decided it was too much to talk about. Titled the video "my surgery" anyway
i think there was a "lot" of info in there...she shared a "lot"

• Wow
Reactions: 8
That part made me worry too. I feel quite sorry for her actually. She had all these hopes that surgery = cancer free (even though I think so many tried to tell her otherwise) and I think it's hit her now that surgery is not the end of the road.

The other thing.. colon full of cancer cells. I wonder if another thing adding to her low mood is the realization that her watch and wait decision was the wrong one.
That was my first reaction. Not a good sign if the cancer spread so quickly since she made the initial decision to postpone the surgery ... even today she admitted surgery was always in the plan. Very likely she will need adjuvant chemo. Of course we will not get any info re lymph node involvement or if she had any positive margins. But thankfully she looks good overall .. I hope Amma and Matt are coping as well as possible with their new normal.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.