Those happy days youtubers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You have to feel for Nick and Sarah don’t you unfortunately for them I think its really time to say goodbye to Vinny and forget about the plot of land for a while and invest in a newer van … Once parts are no longer made for your make and model and you can’t find what you need at a breakers yard it’s time to scrap the van…
I agree, I knew them mechanics weren't qualified to do a re-commission of the part, they did more harm than good!

Reactions: 1
This pair have got to be the most useless/unprepared/whinging/bone idle /waste of space/eejits in van ever !
As a vanner they boil my piss 😤. There are thousands of us that manage to travel here and abroad quite happily without any of this self inflicted drama!
Have you ever watched the Travel Trolls? They're just as useless/unprepared/whinging/bone idle/waste of space as Liam and Janine, if not worse. At least you get a few nice artsy shots and scripted voice overs with Those Happy Days.

Dan and Mazzy are in Spain now, just as unprepared and begging for cash like the Happy Days.

There's a thread here on them too.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Argh his video made me so cross and is full of misinformation. Thankfully there are comments saying they just failed to plan. Like, who exactly has been fined the minute they drive off a ferry for not having a crit air sticker? I'll say no one as none of the current crit air zones are at the ferry ports. Just an utter lie.
Have just watched what Ex Pawers are going through. They are a world away from happy days, resilient in the face of some hefty challenges, and still manage to smile and stay positive.
Loved a comment on the Happy Days Euro vlog which said why all the negative, sweary titles when your channel is literally called "Those Happy Days"? Perfect point, it's all click bait and faux drama.
Liam makes me feel itchy, he has an unwashed look to him, scruffy, untidy beard and that bloody hat needs to get in the bin. It must stink after a long hot summer of wear.
The Ex Pawers are the perfect polar opposite aren’t they? Such a lovely couple who don’t take themselves seriously and are such a strong unit. I love them. I really hope they manage to enjoy what’s left of their UK tour before they head back to Spain.

Reactions: 6
Have they been to any van life community meet-ups since the LTT drama? Would they even dare showing up?
Those can be so important for channel growth because of potential collaborations, gaining knowledge about new van features and equipment and meeting potential sponsors. And freeloaders like them could probably even mooch off some free labor because they can't even tighten a screw themselves.
Nope, well not that I'm aware of ....
from my personal experience vanners/vanlifers are laid back , kind , helpful , generous people to be around and we just don't want drama or to be involved in anybody else's pretend drama either ....
I wouldn't want them anywhere near me at a meet or festival !

Reactions: 7
Nope, well not that I'm aware of ....
from my personal experience vanners/vanlifers are laid back , kind , helpful , generous people to be around and we just don't want drama or to be involved in anybody else's pretend drama either ....
I wouldn't want them anywhere near me at a meet or festival !
Completely unrelated, but I've always wondered how sound proof vans are.
When they're parked at a beach front and Liam is vlogging inside the vehicle, can people walking past hear him? What about two vans parked next to each other - is there any privacy and what is the etiquette among the community regarding this?

I can’t be bothered to go back and watch more old vlogs find out but has either of these two had a real job? I know they had the vegan food thing but that again was a social media thing not like a store front business ?
They both strike me as approaching mid life yet but not actually taking responsibility for their life and it’s direction, I honestly don’t think they’re happy living in a tin can, but don’t want to put the graft in to make it any different, they’re like eternal 18 year olds wanting everything handed to them and not bring responsible for anything themselves.
Grown the F up, no need to wear vegan slogan tshirts and look like an aging Student, and lecture me as much as you want about being vegan once you start eating a healthy diet yourselves not processed ready made vegan dinners and coffee and vegan cake !
Rant over … carry on 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I can’t be bothered to go back and watch more old vlogs find out but has either of these two had a real job? I know they had the vegan food thing but that again was a social media thing not like a store front business ?
They both strike me as approaching mid life yet but not actually taking responsibility for their life and it’s direction, I honestly don’t think they’re happy living in a tin can, but don’t want to put the graft in to make it any different, they’re like eternal 18 year olds wanting everything handed to them and not bring responsible for anything themselves.
Grown the F up, no need to wear vegan slogan tshirts and look like an aging Student, and lecture me as much as you want about being vegan once you start eating a healthy diet yourselves not processed ready made vegan dinners and coffee and vegan cake !
Rant over … carry on 😊
They had their own gardening business for 5 years. Self thought, obviously, as they don't like to do anything professionally.
I don't think they enjoy van life one bit either but I also think they're making a lot of money at the moment and have to keep going no matter what. Their channel really grew these last 6 months and the sponsorship deals must be very lucrative. If they were smarter about it, they'd be setting themselves up nicely for the future.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
They had their own gardening business for 5 years. Self thought, obviously, as they don't like to do anything professionally.
I don't think they enjoy van life one bit either but I also think they're making a lot of money at the moment and have to keep going no matter what. Their channel really grew these last 6 months and the sponsorship deals must be very lucrative. If they were smarter about it, they'd be setting themselves up nicely for the future.
I have no idea how Janine could possibly do any gardening work as its a strenuous outdoor year round job - yet shes either too cold, too hot, too tired, or too weak! I assume Liam did all the graft as he does now. Can you imagine her with a garden fork and a hot water bottle strapped on her front!🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Save me typing - I've nicked @November_again 's list to throw me comments at... so here goes my rant about the sheer amount of bollocks and false shite the scruffy twit has come out with

1. You need emission stickers - Only in certain cities - there's no blanket emission stuff yet. Crit' air is mainly Paris centre, there's a few in Belgium - easily done online - Ghent, Brussels and Antwerp. Just fill in the online form and send pics of yer V5.

2. You may need winter tyres - again only a few wintery places that tend to be up mountains, well known. Tyres should be marked with M&S for mud and snow.

3. Roaming is capped - again, well advertised and known about

4. You need van insurance - you need this EVERYWHERE and most insurance includes the 'bare minimum' you need in the EU as standard.

5. You need breakdown insurance - erm, no brainer especially in an older out of warranty van thats been tinkered with by all and sundry

6. Only 90 days in Schengen zone - well known, and these muppets WILL fall fowl of it should they ever return

7. You need travel documents and cash - well duh! Most folk have photocopies/scans of their docs on an email account - cash for fines, they'll take you to a cashpoint or bank

8. You need a Euro car kit - you don't need to buy one, most folk have the bits knocking about - as for breathalysers in France - thats old news and no longer a requirement as it was ludicrous - you could get pulled by les flics, breathalysed, then pulled again and fall fowl of the the legislation so it was cancelled. I bet they had the stuff in a box, that they couldn't reach in an emergency, thus ruling themselves fowl of the regs. You have to be able to reach your flouro jackets easily in the event of need - so most folk have them in door pockets or around the seats.

Reactions: 8
I wrote a very slightly critical (not rude or sweary) post on THD Instagram, my first, and now their account has disappeared. Have they barred me 😱 or have they stopped Insta totally? Any one here know, I'm fascinated to know.
If they have barred me for what I said it shows they don't stand for any criticism. 🤣

• Wow
I wrote a very slightly critical (not rude or sweary) post on THD Instagram, my first, and now their account has disappeared. Have they barred me 😱 or have they stopped Insta totally? Any one here know, I'm fascinated to know.
If they have barred me for what I said it shows they don't stand for any criticism. 🤣
Their Instagram is still there for me. No doubt Liam considers constructive criticism trolling and instantly blocked you.

Well, that really goes to show what a couple of wet lettuce's they are. They can't stand ANY negativity at all. On the plus side it's the first time I've been barred from anywhere in 71 years. Get outa my pub...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
As for their previous gardening business... why do I feel like if asked, they wouldn't know the first thing about common garden species and how to care for them. No doubt they blagged their way through that for a few years too. Charging extortionate rates for bramble bashing, that's just the vision I get anyway :LOL: When you put it into context two ex-gardeners mispronounced and misidentified fly agaric mushrooms - toadstools, probably the most easily identifiable mushroom in the world. They'd identify every item in the Tesco isles, but definitely not the fauna and flora they come across everyday.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
As for their previous gardening business... why do I feel like if asked, they wouldn't know the first thing about common garden species and how to care for them. No doubt they blagged their way through that for a few years too. Charging extortionate rates for bramble bashing, that's just the vision I get anyway :LOL: When you put it into context two ex-gardeners mispronounced and misidentified fly agaric mushrooms - toadstools, probably the most easily identifiable mushroom in the world. They'd identify every item in the Tesco isles, but definitely not the fauna and flora they come across everyday.
I think when they say Gardening business’ it means a little lawn cutting and a bit of pruning, not like a real gardener or landscaper

Thread title suggestion: #threadtitle

Worzel and Nana sitting in a tree, M-O-A-N-I-N-G

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Thread title suggestion: #threadtitle

Worzel and Nana sitting in a tree, M-O-A-N-I-N-G
Good thread title... however one slight change needed on account of the offence that could be caused to nana's everywhere... surely Sally would be better as she was the somewhat dim witted sidekick to Worzel?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Good thread title... however one slight change needed on account of the offence that could be caused to nana's everywhere... surely Sally would be better as she was the somewhat dim witted sidekick to Worzel?!?
I think calling Janine Aunt Sally might be a bit harsh, her makeup’s not that bad! 😂
How about Worzel and his Nana sitting in a tree etc.?

Their Instagram is still there for me. No doubt Liam considers constructive criticism trolling and instantly blocked you.
Yeah, any constructive criticism they call folks trolls, best time to read their comments are late at night, as any like that disappear the next day!!!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.