Those Happy Days #2 Those Crappy Days

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They could be in Southern France or Spain in less than a week and enjoy a milder climate but they'd rather sit in a damp and cold van in the UK and complain.
This is so true! And France is so easy for van life. My mum lives in the South of France, she was still sunbathing and swimming in the sea last week! The small villages like hers usually have a dedicated park up spot as they hope you will use the local bakery etc. Probably crap for a vegan though, eating out is hard enough as a veggie at times.
Rather than their stupid cruise they could have done 24hrs down to Santander.
I'm guessing they consider themselves well travelled, but in reality it's a few months backpacking in Thailand and surrounds doing everything as cheap as poss. Much less travelled in europe so they are clueless about how things work over there, even basics like checking for local holidays and that french supermarkets don't open Sunday (esp outside summer MTHS).

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is so true! And France is so easy for van life. My mum lives in the South of France, she was still sunbathing and swimming in the sea last week! The small villages like hers usually have a dedicated park up spot as they hope you will use the local bakery etc. Probably crap for a vegan though, eating out is hard enough as a veggie at times.
I'm guessing they consider themselves well travelled, but in reality it's a few months backpacking in Thailand and surrounds doing everything as cheap as poss. Much less travelled in europe so they are clueless about how things work over there, even basics like checking for local holidays and that french supermarkets don't open Sunday (esp outside summer MTHS).
They seem downright terrified of van life in Europe, the way they fled after 3 days and how they've shown no urgency or desire to return. Nothing announced regarding plans and trips for the next months either which isn't that surprising, I guess, since they probably never even know what they'll be doing the next day.

Reactions: 9
It's not online. Maybe someone who watched it can give a summary.
I got bored of it as Liam was loving the sound of his own voice and Janine was chipping in with the odd sentence or cough. Watched to the point where Liam said they would not be returning to Europe this side of Christmas and plan to have their Christmas dinner in the van.. It was interesting he mentioned they needed a moderator in the chat so they must be getting 'trolls' and 'haters' ☺

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I got bored of it as Liam was loving the sound of his own voice and Janine was chipping in with the odd sentence or cough. Watched to the point where Liam said they would not be returning to Europe this side of Christmas and plan to have their Christmas dinner in the van.. It was interesting he mentioned they needed a moderator in the chat so they must be getting 'trolls' and 'haters' ☺
No doubt filmed early December, so they can park the van in their parents' driveways again and stay in the guest room for two weeks.

Reactions: 5
Why did they not post it ?

Reactions: 1
Oh that's interesting they had a moderator, so they could delete the nasty comments and let the cult ask nicey questions!!

Reactions: 5
Oh I was hoping to watch it today, interesting that previous 'live' videos are still up there. I couldn't stand watching it last night, saw a few mins on mute Janine just looked like a spare part.
Maybe they have realised they are not that liked.

Reactions: 6
People kept asking questions about Liam's hat and someone kept asking what the lock behind them was for. Lots of people bickering with each other as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I agree, I was initially surprised at how clueless they've been about travel in Europe, for backpackers they don't seem up to it at all! I would definitely choose to be in the South of France if I was them, as a vegan I'd be happy to cook meals in the van with more limited but nice fresh produce. Bread, rice, fruit, veg, olives, sorted! I'd also plan and maybe take some things that are harder to find over there, I'd actually find that a really interesting and helpful video and blog. I don't think they can go with out all the 'exciting new branded commercial processed crap' and supermarket toilets though! Unless there's more going on behind the scenes they literally make no sense and are getting really annoying now.

Reactions: 11
the allure of the open road.... go anywhere you want.... so why not live at a tesco carpark! Wow. that's totally what I would do if I was a van lifer, just move into tesco's carpark! 😂🤣 nevermind Europe, Tesco is where it is at!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
the allure of the open road.... go anywhere you want.... so why not live at a tesco carpark! Wow. that's totally what I would do if I was a van lifer, just move into tesco's carpark! 😂🤣 nevermind Europe, Tesco is where it is at!
That was what I thought 😂
Living the dream.
Honestly they make van life seem so hard and drab.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.