Thissinglemama #6 Cat Piss, Cat Piiss, Cat Piss!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even my 4yo can sit in a restaurant without any sort of device. It’s worrying that rather than Harper engaging in conversation with her family, especially her cousin who’s a similar age to her, she instead sits with her face glued to a screen. Why is Aimee even allowing that? I’m not one of those “we limit screen time” mums but I do think there’s a time and a place for things like tablets and a restaurant definitely isn’t one of them
And the headphones? What's that all about?
Not exactly teaching her good manners allowing the headphones wherever they go? Bizarre!!

Reactions: 6
The headphones and tablet I can understand for sensory purposes. It would give her something to focus on and block out the surrounding sound. She doesn’t have any additional needs though apparently so doesn’t need them 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 9
As much as Aimee does my head in it’s the modern parenting way these days. They’re all lazy, shove kids into nurseries all day, they genuinely can’t deal with them and certainly can’t be bothered dealing with them. iPads are the only distraction technique they know and certainly the only one that won’t result in a massive meltdown

• Wow
Reactions: 5
The headphones and tablet I can understand for sensory purposes. It would give her something to focus on and block out the surrounding sound. She doesn’t have any additional needs though apparently so doesn’t need them 😜
Exactly!!🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 1
As much as Aimee does my head in it’s the modern parenting way these days. They’re all lazy, shove kids into nurseries all day, they genuinely can’t deal with them and certainly can’t be bothered dealing with them. iPads are the only distraction technique they know and certainly the only one that won’t result in a massive meltdown
I disagree with this. Yes there are many parents who choose to be like this but many parents aren't like this. Her daughter is 8, my son is 8. I'm a few years younger than Aimee, but I ensure I massively interact with my son. I go to work, he goes to school and then when we're at home together, we do things together, we don't play as much now due to his age but we're always out and about, I'm a single parent myself so through the week it's mainly just me and him, we play basketball, we go up the lakes to see the ducks, we get out and exercise and get some fresh air, then we shower/bath, eat tea together, have some reading or a film then he gets an hour to do what he wants to do and yes that could be screen time before he goes to bed at 9pm. There is no excuse for her choice of parenting. It's a really bad way to bring up a child in my opinion. The only thing I've ever seen her do in her whole time on tik tok that was something for harper is take her to the fair once. The other day when she went to aldi to do her food shop, she even had her dad over to 'mind Harper'. All she ever does is shop, could she not take her child with her at least once, baring in mind her daughter was in her pyjamas all day with unbrushed hair & probably not even washed. She neglects her child completely.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m not disagreeing with you, there are a lot of parents out there that do parent properly and use discipline to ensure their children behave I.e. in the supermarket. But a lot these days can’t be arsed, like Aimee. She would rather have a babysitter than take her child to the supermarket.
I was like you, I had no choice but to take my children to the supermarket and when they were there they behaved and if they didn’t they would face the consequences. Children these days are ruined.

And my kids always had screen time, and lots of it!! Just not at dinner with earphones on and certainly not in a restaurant. The generation coming through are so fecked it’s worrying.

Reactions: 5
I disagree with this. Yes there are many parents who choose to be like this but many parents aren't like this. Her daughter is 8, my son is 8. I'm a few years younger than Aimee, but I ensure I massively interact with my son. I go to work, he goes to school and then when we're at home together, we do things together, we don't play as much now due to his age but we're always out and about, I'm a single parent myself so through the week it's mainly just me and him, we play basketball, we go up the lakes to see the ducks, we get out and exercise and get some fresh air, then we shower/bath, eat tea together, have some reading or a film then he gets an hour to do what he wants to do and yes that could be screen time before he goes to bed at 9pm. There is no excuse for her choice of parenting. It's a really bad way to bring up a child in my opinion. The only thing I've ever seen her do in her whole time on tik tok that was something for harper is take her to the fair once. The other day when she went to aldi to do her food shop, she even had her dad over to 'mind Harper'. All she ever does is shop, could she not take her child with her at least once, baring in mind her daughter was in her pyjamas all day with unbrushed hair & probably not even washed. She neglects her child completely.
I think most parents are like this hence why we all find Aimee so offensive. I couldn’t disagree more that all parents are lazy and that children are ruined I think that’s a really bold statement to be making. Each to their own.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think most parents are like this hence why we all find Aimee so offensive. I couldn’t disagree more that all parents are lazy and that children are ruined I think that’s a really bold statement to be making. Each to their own.
Her whole lifestyle of bizarre...what have we seen her do with Harper that doesn't involve alcohol and twit hat???
Very little...the trip to London was.prpb closest to " normal" apart from her nearly dying from.travel sickness and being in a crappy hotel( ok the drama!)
Harper never seems to have play dates....we say this constantly?
Aimless never appears to take her on any of her many shopping sprees .
It.all seems weird and chaotic?
We only see minutes out of her day she will say in response, but it's not hard to read between the lines....it just seems weird...very weird🤔

Reactions: 8
There it is but I don’t know the thread name or anything. If anyone feels up to it. This one will get locked haha

Her whole lifestyle of bizarre...what have we seen her do with Harper that doesn't involve alcohol and twit hat???
Very little...the trip to London was.prpb closest to " normal" apart from her nearly dying from.travel sickness and being in a crappy hotel( ok the drama!)
Harper never seems to have play dates....we say this constantly?
Aimless never appears to take her on any of her many shopping sprees .
It.all seems weird and chaotic?
We only see minutes out of her day she will say in response, but it's not hard to read between the lines....it just seems weird...very weird🤔
I fully agree on this!!!! Something isn’t right.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I can do a new thread for you if there is a title you want. Not sure how to search for the suggested titles in the thread. Sorry for randomly popping up 😂 I’ve just been reading for a while as life has gone a bit crazy

Edit: this one has the most votes so I’ll do the thread now

Thissinglemama #7 “Liar, liar, your content is dire!”

New thread

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.