Thissinglemama #6 Cat Piss, Cat Piiss, Cat Piss!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Especially those of us who have spent a lot of time with kids/young adults with additional needs, you do tend to pick up on the signs quickly

I am happy to take it back and apologise if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. Too many of us are seeing it
She also seems quite clumsy the way she moves and stuff can’t explain it but I know what you mean, there’s something.

Her eyes especially are a little bit like she’s thinking of other things or not fully engaged with the situation.

Aimee didn’t give her any freedom with the baking which I think is strange for her age my daughter would crack the eggs herself for example. Obviously with me there but she would be capable and she would spread the icing. My 5 year old would too though.

So I can’t tell if it’s Aimee stopping her because she’s a lazy parent and therefore she’s stunted her development or whether she does it because she knows Harper isn’t capable because she has extra needs. Has she said that she doesn’t in the past? I feel like she did but can’t remember fully.

Reactions: 5
She also seems quite clumsy the way she moves and stuff can’t explain it but I know what you mean, there’s something.

Her eyes especially are a little bit like she’s thinking of other things or not fully engaged with the situation.

Aimee didn’t give her any freedom with the baking which I think is strange for her age my daughter would crack the eggs herself for example. Obviously with me there but she would be capable and she would spread the icing. My 5 year old would too though.

So I can’t tell if it’s Aimee stopping her because she’s a lazy parent and therefore she’s stunted her development or whether she does it because she knows Harper isn’t capable because she has extra needs. Has she said that she doesn’t in the past? I feel like she did but can’t remember fully.
She was extremely defensive when people have asked her about Harper, which I can understand but for someone who milks every drop of attention, and lives for things being "wrong with her" it's odd. Maybe she's scared it would take the attention off her and her needs for a change

Reactions: 3

I wonder if Aimee is a micro manager ? I also thought it was a bit strange that Harper wasn’t more engaged in what she was doing. I can remember baking cakes with mum as well as my granny and I remember being actively involved in the entire process .
Eta - do you think she has Dyspraxia?

Reactions: 1
Yes, I can’t work out if it’s because Aimee just takes over everything so she’s not able to do things because she isn’t allowed to try?

Schools are usually good at noticing additional needs but then I suppose there’s always exceptions and I’m going on the schools near me also.

She is definitely not at the same stage as my daughter who is in the same school year as Harper but younger going off when Aimee said she’s 8.
She seems more like my 5 year old in terms of behaviour.
I work with children of harpers age and she definitely does not match them in behaviour I agree she’s more like a 5 year old just starting in reception not an 8 year old going into juniors I believe she will find the transition really difficult and most likely will struggle with being with a lot older children as well

Reactions: 4
I definitely agree. I find it strange that no one at all has picked up on it in school. Unless they have and she doesn’t want to say buy from
Someone who shares her life online I think she would be all over it.

Children can ‘mask’ well at school. I know someone currently trying to get their child diagnosed but struggling because school don’t see any issues.

I think part of the reason she isn’t engaged in the cake video is because she’s used to being stuck infront of the iPad; she’s not used to having to be engaged in baking. It’s probably the only time her mum has bothered to include her and that was probably because she knew people would witch about her if she didn’t include Harper.

I do think their is a possibility for additional needs but I also think a lot of it is because she has been babied and shoved on electronics. She hasn’t been given the change to develop the skills that most other 7 year olds have

Reactions: 6
She stated she wouldn’t put herself in danger? With that date she would even meet half way haha../ but she’s plastered all over so social media. I defo think harper has some additional needs you can tell by the baking cake video

Girls are known to mask Autism as they can mimic others, so just copy what others do. I think her behaviour could be down to bad parenting. She is babied a lot.

Reactions: 8
She stated she wouldn’t put herself in danger? With that date she would even meet half way haha../ but she’s plastered all over so social media. I defo think harper has some additional needs you can tell by the baking cake video
Because it’s ok to put safety first when it suits you but not when you need the content to make your money 🤪

Reactions: 7
Because it’s ok to put safety first when it suits you but not when you need the content to make your money 🤪
I no on dates I would normally meet half way or less than half way in the public eye haha .. I no some men have came to me where I live. I don’t think she had a date tbh

Reactions: 4

She was once asked if harper "has autism"....you can imagine her defensive " certainly not response"🤔

Who does she actually think she's talking to in that tone??
I know. She chooses to put her daughter on social media, so she should expect comments like that. How does she even know harper doesn't have autism, she's too lazy to have taken the steps to get her diagnosed. There's strangers on here stating something isn't quite right, there's people on here who work with children stating the same thing but oh no, she definitely doesn't have autism. I can't stand her.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m in complete agreement. Harper is definitely delayed. Speech, behavior, language and motor skills. What’s so sad is Aims can’t bear the idea so the child won’t get help.

• Sad
Harper definitely has some sort of additional needs. My daughter is 9 and has ASD, it was hard to agree to an assessment because I didn’t want her to be labelled or written off but it is the best thing I ever did for her. It is much harder to get a diagnosis for a girl so for Harpers sake she should take it seriously. Also I don’t believe her family or friends would tell her if they thought it so what’s wrong with others asking? It’s selfish of her to not even consider it a possibility.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.