Thisgirlcanrunfar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think dragging yourself to Boston to limp round in 5+ hours and ruin the rest of your year is grim. I hate the glorification of runners running marathons unfit/injured and normalising just not and letting go of the sunk cost fallacy and letting the money go is fine.

Reactions: 9
I think dragging yourself to Boston to limp round in 5+ hours and ruin the rest of your year is grim. I hate the glorification of runners running marathons unfit/injured and normalising just not and letting go of the sunk cost fallacy and letting the money go is fine.
Having literally done this during another marathon, and subsequently spent the last two years fighting injuries whenever I go beyond a certain mileage, I wholeheartedly agree. I’ve broken myself now. It’s one reason why I’ll never do another.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think only book an abroad marathon if you can afford the loss of money if it doesn’t happen, so many variables there. And always book race insurance and book now pay later accommodation 😂

Reactions: 3
Jemma has a great figure but her clothes always look so tight, restrictive and uncomfortable. Is it because she has a long body and unusual proportions or does she generally wear clothes which are xs. It's like she tries to squash into size 6 petite range but she is actual normal healthy size 8 or something. It's odd and it can't be comfortable surley.

Reactions: 2
I think it’s because she won’t buy clothes and just wears what she have been given by a friend.

Reactions: 1
I think it’s because she won’t buy clothes and just wears what she have been given by a friend.
Th clothes she gets from her friend are nice but just don't fit her body shape. Didn't she go a year without buying any new clothes?
I wish she'd use bloody captions on her stories!! Infuriates me when people don't.
Same! I always have my sound turned off so if there are no captions I just skip.

She will spend lots on a coffee machine and having it serviced when it breaks.

Priorities.
In all fairness to her, fair play for being happy with pre loved clothes, I don't think it's something you can knock anyone for. Fast fashion is the devil's work.

Same for getting this serviced and repaired, better than just scrapping it and buying new 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
In all fairness to her, fair play for being happy with pre loved clothes, I don't think it's something you can knock anyone for. Fast fashion is the devil's work.

Same for getting this serviced and repaired, better than just scrapping it and buying new 🤷🏻‍♀️
She’s willing to fly herself and not her family across the world for races numerous times. She denies her daughter Christmas presents but she has weekly physio sessions.

Absolutely for sustainable fashion but she goes through trainers like there’s no tomorrow (instead of accepting yet another gifted pair today she should have asked to donate them if she’s that bothered about sustainability).

It’s just that she spends money on certain things that she sees as important (races, home gym, trainers, coffee machine, Emma Bridgewater mugs) and not on things she doesn’t (clothes, taking kids away to races, kids Christmas presents). Each to their own.

I wish she'd use bloody captions on her stories!! Infuriates me when people don't.
It’s not as if it’s even difficult these days to add captions, the app will do all the work for you! But she won’t consider anyone else’s needs will she.

Each to their own. She has a funny fashion sense stuck in 2005 but she doesn’t care for fashion so why spend her money on it! She looks perfectly decent. I’m not her biggest fan but she just wears normal clothes I think, if a bit dated.

No judge on fashion here given I’m still in my 90s clothes that have been back in fashion recently but have been constant for my wardrobe over the past 30+ years (baggy jeans, oversized hoodies, wide legged trousers…)😳

However, I cannot make sense of how Jemma navigates this world and what it is like to be part of her world. She said in one post that she is on her phone chatting all day - to whom?? And about what??
And if she’s chatting all day, why does her mum need to do the cleaning or bring her shopping? How can she still indulge her daughter who is (?still?) married and has 2 kids as if she were still a petulant teen? Make it make sense, please!!

I thought that too then it popped into my head she might have meant phone calls to her coaching clients?

Maybe I’m way off the mark. I only talk to my mum and wife on the phone.

And British Gas of course.

• Haha
What’s wrong with her? Why is she fuming because she didn’t read the website? Sounds clear enough to me.

IMG_0751.jpeg

IMG_0752.jpeg

The website also states that there is a free product (no monthly fee) that allows you to have your pets details online.
I’m assuming this is what she wanted maybe 🤔

a quick google of reviews and a number of people complain about their bad marketing and the fact they promote a free service when in reality it’s subscription

Why doesn't she do basic research on anything. She is a sheep and does a lot of things because others do them and she thinks she should even though she is utterly clueless on them. Like Saltburn for instance how could she not know basis of what it was about, when she shared the song the over week she claimed she got loads of messages about its context. She is so stupid or does she just lie\act dumb?

I honestly can't decide if she really is a bit dim, or it's all an act to drive engagement. Not necessarily the "likes" type as I don't feel she's so bothered about that, I think she wants/needs messages etc from people, even if they are only randoms on the internet.
Last night cement the thought in my mind the hubby is gone, watching Saltburn with her mum early-ish in a Friday night (before kids bedtime).Makes me think the kids must be with hubby this weekend and he's not at home with them anymore.

Reactions: 6
I wonder what made him finally leave, after a bit of a health scare and Christmas in hospital did he realize he couldn't put up with her anymore or did she read too much dull men's club and decide to kick him out.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.