Thisgirlcanrunfar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This girl certainly can moan far

Jemma Lewis is a middle aged running influencer from Clevedon (Which from listening to her you'd think is third world) who thinks she has such a hard life and is always hard done by

Some examples from the past year or so
- Having to borrow money from her parents for a laptop to study/work as she claimed to have no income - low and behold she purchased Mac Book Pro!
- Claiming things are so tight financially she never treats herself yet for her alone she has weekly PT sessions, 1:1 reformer Pilates and an separate fixing/physio, own running coach and did at one point have a nutrition plan.
- Despite not having a job and her husband been made redundant in the past 18 months she managed to purchase a new pug, singing washing machine, completely renovate her home including posh decking, bi folding doors etc, fully equip her garage with state of the art gym equipment including plyoboxes, battle ropes, treadmill, bike and weights which she barley shows/uses
- After one taster sessions of SUP she purchased a costly wetsuit then a few days later the actual board which had a retail price around £800!
- She decided to become a running coach/PT and its everyone else's fault that she failed her assignments/practical's multiple times because nobody has it has hard as her

Other things which annoy me/strike me as unusual
- Ive followed her since around 2016 and she has never taken her kids abroad and complains about cost of holidays yet will happily swam off on holidays with her friends abroad and had a yearly trip to Vancouver alone!
- She seems to despise her children with a passion and shows a clear favouritism to Esme, she made no attempt to home-school them during covid and despite not been in position like many having to work from home while home-schooling she moaned like she was leading UN, home-schooling 30 kids with SEN at the same time.
- She claims to have no friends and everyone hates her including the school Mums, yet she has a different friend round every week and regularly goes out with Fiona and Kelly
- Everyone has there personal style but hers is terrible and she wears some awfully ill fitting clothing

As for actual running content you'd think she is Olympic qualifying level how she talks about her training, runs and effort but she doesn't seem to have improved massively since i've been a follower. As for her as a coach even in her running she has terrible form and in the gym its shocking, she always looks so miserable as well.

Reactions: 9
I do wonder if she has some form of learning difficulty, she seems very naïve and immature at times for her age, i know many people who've done the l3 PT course and even those which came from manual labour backgrounds with no education quals seemed to cope fine and pass first time as they were familiar with fitness and concepts. I don't understand why Jemma did the PT course, its clear money is not an issue despite what she likes to portray but she could of probably waited until after Covid and enrolled free at a local college under national adult skills offer, she may of fared better with in person tutors, equally they may of scoped out she is not suitable for a PT.

I don't know if she is on the spectrum or not but she mimics a lot of those around her and is easily led. I do wonder what sort of dynamic she has with her partner Gary, she is definitely the dominant one in the relationship

I quite like TGCRF in some ways - she turns down a lot of freebies etc and seems to have integrity unlike some other influencers.

BUT I agree with some points above. She moans a lot but yet seems very privileged in many ways.

Reactions: 4
I can tolerate Jemma as an influencer because she does only recommend things she likes and will turn down things she isn't interested in. However she seems so selfish as a person. She's really harsh towards her mum despite her being lovely which makes me feel bad when she laughs at her mum's expense. I do like that she takes her old neighbour shopping though. That's kind.

Reactions: 4
She's one of the few that I don't mind. Sometimes she does come across as very arrogant and out of touch though.

And those bloody dogs... jesus.

Her and the girls do seem to aggressively shove Mo at lot too, maybe lots of walks and not making him share a basket with an aging blind deaf dog might of helped!

Jemma is like that old friend from school you can tolerate in very small amounts but thinks she is the first woman to have children and her actual very easy stress free life (SAHM/WFH job) is so hard compared to you being a single parent to 4 kids working in corporate job etc but your still friends because at times she is genuine and you can have a good laugh with.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
So glad I found this thread!

The point that turned me on Jemma was just before the London Marathon that she said she failed on because she she didn’t get the BQ. She kept going on and on with quotes like “the hay is in the barn…. “ etc. We have all had tit runs but she went on and on about that one until I wanted to claw my eyes out.

Even if you get a BQ, it doesn’t guarantee that you will get in, it depends on how many people get the time. She seems clueless yet is coaching.

Baffling.

God she was insufferable on that London trip, she was moaning before she even got onto the coach to the start line, the thing is her husband and kids were with her, it must of been hellish for them after the race. She claimed to not have remembered most of it, i call that nonsense, excuses! I dont know if she thinks she is fully capable why she doesn't give it another shot, its not like money is an issue she's wasted enough on flying to Canada to not even race the Montreal marathon. She is the type to forgo a family holiday to fly to Boston without Gary and the girls to run the marathon. Yet she had the audacity to complain when he raced the castles relay just a few miles from home still in the UK, one weekend!

Reactions: 2
I really don’t understand the Montreal thing at all.

I don’t have kids and I wouldn’t up and leave Mrs T in the middle of everything, particularly when it is a massive, trip like Canada.

I am all for “me-time”, but Canada?

And that Wattbike that she has been on about twice isn’t exactly cheap.

Her regular on tap childcare, spending and attitude to money really confuses me, like does she buy a lot of credit or is her husbands job really lucrative/flexible. She said she didn't go back to her job at the water company after having the girls due to childcare costs yet she worked normal 'office' hours that weren't exactly always around school hours at the coffee shops and even her gym shifts, unsure if they are paid or volunteer start early in morning. Surely her husband works full time and her Mum and Dad still both work, so maybe Gary's parents help out a lot with childcare, but even during lockdown and over summer holidays she seemed to have a lot of trips out without the kids. Like why when she meets Kelly does she never take her own kids, surely there isn't a big age gap and they'd get on!

Reactions: 1
Yeah all that stuff about holidays for her blah blah , if you are that way inclined that you are that selfish then l have to ask why did you have kids ? Like most people on here my mum and dad worked there asses off all year to take us abroad for 2 weeks every year , would they have liked to do it on there own once or twice more than likely but they didn’t cause that’s what being a parent is !!! That was the point l had to stop following

I have been waiting for a thread for Jemma!
Like others have said she comes across as so self centered, and the moaning about everything 🙄. Moans about the puppy, but doesn’t do anything to train him so it’s just a tit of a puppy that pisses everywhere.
Moans about having to be a parent. Although she’s totally going to be a pushy running mum with the eldest.
Not sure why anyone would want her as a pt, she doesn’t seem to have a clue about form and/or structuring a workout.
And as a running coach, she doesn’t even listen to the advice she is given. How many times has she been injured because she’s ignored her own strength training and pushes herself too much.
Seems to be a dominant personality but it comes across as if her husband treats her like a 1950’s housewife. And don’t even get me started on the fact that she can’t even cook the most basic of meals.
And like others have said, she has no money yet must have spent thousands over the last 12-18 months. I’m guessing they’ve remortgaged once the husband found a new job.
I always remember when she quit working at Sow & Arrow as they didn’t want her/staff on phones during work. She very much lives for and on the gram.

I have been waiting for a thread for Jemma!
Like others have said she comes across as so self centered, and the moaning about everything 🙄. Moans about the puppy, but doesn’t do anything to train him so it’s just a tit of a puppy that pisses everywhere.
Moans about having to be a parent. Although she’s totally going to be a pushy running mum with the eldest.
Not sure why anyone would want her as a pt, she doesn’t seem to have a clue about form and/or structuring a workout.
And as a running coach, she doesn’t even listen to the advice she is given. How many times has she been injured because she’s ignored her own strength training and pushes herself too much.
Seems to be a dominant personality but it comes across as if her husband treats her like a 1950’s housewife. And don’t even get me started on the fact that she can’t even cook the most basic of meals.
And like others have said, she has no money yet must have spent thousands over the last 12-18 months. I’m guessing they’ve remortgaged once the husband found a new job.
I always remember when she quit working at Sow & Arrow as they didn’t want her/staff on phones during work. She very much lives for and on the gram.
The hay was in the barn for this thread, we were just waiting for someone to light it.

How long do her BQ times last?

Asking for a very nosy friend 🙄.

How long do her BQ times last?
Usually similar to London - 1 year (or longer if good reason but SO rare to transfer over). It had all changed coz of Covid and people Auto pushed to 2021. However brits still can’t get in to USA so they’re all waiting to see if they can transfer BQ to next years…. If not that’s it. Slate wiped clean, gotta get a BQ again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.