This Mama Life #26 Sinbad’s off to sea sea sea but what about poor old me me me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine if sinbad put on his Instagram that she was a “part time wife ha ha!” She would freak!

He wouldn’t obviously as he doesn’t control his insta.

Reactions: 10
Despicable that they haven’t told the kids he’s away again for 6 weeks on Monday. They really are such an afterthought aren’t they and it’s just so beyond sad that she cannot see the damage *she* is doing (not Rob’s career in the Navy)!!

Reactions: 16
They haven't told the kids their Dad is going away again yet. What the everloving duck is wrong with these two? Because telling them last minute isn't going to completely devastate them. How can they have such little understanding of what another human being might feel?

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Is it normal for a Navy serviceman to be away this often for prolonged periods?

L

Also if the kids and family really are struggling that much then Rob needs to put them first and LEAVE! They need to stop thinking about money and having a cushy life with his pension and just say enoughIf is enough!!

Reactions: 7
How can they not prepare those poor kiddies Daddy is off again for a good few weeks :(

Every photo she smiles in is a very deeply unhappy person underneath. Her eyes aren't smiling at all. She's one very sad lady with her life. Without changing it or accepting this is how it is for a few more years she's resenting her husband and kids more.

To be fair to Sarah it might be all the Botox that makes her look she isn’t smiling, haha.

Someone please buy Sarah a parenting guidebook for her empty bookshelves.

Reactions: 7
Is it normal for a Navy serviceman to be away this often for prolonged periods?

L

Also if the kids and family really are struggling that much then Rob needs to put them first and LEAVE! They need to stop thinking about money and having a cushy life with his pension and just say enoughIf is enough!!
Its nothing to do with Rob. Loads of kids cope with their dad or mum being away.

The problem is Sarah. Those kids dont live up to her expectations. She wanted a girly girl, who did ballet, let Sarah paint her nails and do her hair. Obviously Isla isnt a girly girl and Lachlan is far to wild for Sarah, even at 2 she was terrified of him. I remember one insta story he slapped her on the bum and you could see the terror on her face.

So she shoves them in club after club to avoid them, feeds them baby sized portions and then wonders why they are emotional and hard work.

She claims L gave her PTSD but has never got it sorted. She has so many deep routed issues but doesn't get anything sorted, ignoring them isnt going to make them go away.

• Sad
She needs to take a long hard look at herself for the sake of her poor kiddies.... she is there main parent and for her kids to be like that it's a disgrace I travel for work I tell my kids in plenty of time , but still doesn't make going away any easier video calls break my hearts my eldest is 12 and he understands its for work, mine don't resent me for going my youngest is 3 I haven't been away yet from him and it will kill me!

Reactions: 6
Angry, frustrated, resentful children kept in the dark about their parent going away for 6 weeks in three days time but still manage to get one of the angry, frustrated, resentful children to take a photograph of Mama and Dada for instagram.

She needs help. Not babysitters. Actual help for her issues because kids aren't stupid. They pick up on the atmosphere in the house Sarah refuses to call home.

Reactions: 14
If they are trying for baby number 3, I’m surprised she’s not tried to monetise or create content over trying to conceive or infertility. It seems exactly like the sort of attention seeking thing she’d do. Makes me think Rob has put his foot down and told her no, which makes her constant references to baby 3 just another way of disrespecting him.
She would have to admit that the reason they aren’t conceiving is because her husband is flat out refusing to sleep with her. Can’t really moneitise that.

Reactions: 6
And there she is again, it’s the Navy’s fault sinbad is an ineffectual father.
And that’s another thing “someone” can’t do.
She must be exhausting to live with.

Reactions: 8
She’s really spiralling now, content is so “poor me” she’s on such a downer. Imagine living life between Rob going away dreading the next time . The video of them watching tv and drinking cups of tea is so boring, so lacking in chemistry. It’s ok not to post Sarah, take a break from Instagram and try living in the moment.

She would feel much better (and let’s be honest, her own feelings are her primary concern) if she was able to say “okay he’s going away on Monday, nothing I can do so let’s make the best of it FOR THE KIDS.

But no. So right now, when you’re wallowing in self-pity Sarah, imagine this…with a newborn baby in the mix too. I for one hope Sinbad sticks to his guns and doesn’t leave a day earlier than is planned.

Reactions: 9
Dear Sarah, the children are angry, frustrated and resentful at their father being away as they are picking up on those same emotions you display and echoing your behaviour, but as they are children they haven’t quite mastered your snarky, passive aggressiveness yet. Give them time though and they will show the same lack of respect and complete disdain for him that you display. Try being positive and upbeat about his going away and coming back (hard though it may be) stop reinforcing how much they will miss him and focus on the great job you’re all doing getting on with your lives and how it’s the job he does which allows you to have such privileged lives. And if you really can’t stand it and are happy to forgo the lifestyle you currently have then the answer is screamingly obvious.

Reactions: 17
She must hold the record for making a passive aggressive dig in every single post or story she makes. Can't even post about watching TV with Rob without reminding him he WILL be leaving the navy early and reminding him he is useless at making tea.

Reactions: 12
Retiring from your second career Rob! Don’t forget you WILL be retiring from the navy soon, you are not allowed to stay, sarah has decreed it.

Reactions: 5
She is almost gleefully when she talks about how the children don't listen to Sinbad and are disrespectful to him. Saint bleeping Sarah of bedtimes because she had to rescue him at bedtime.

Reactions: 16
If she carries on speaking about Sinbad the way she is doing, she'll be changing her name to thissinglemamalife before long

She is almost gleefully when she talks about how the children don't listen to Sinbad and are disrespectful to him. Saint bleeping Sarah of bedtimes because she had to rescue him at bedtime.
Would this be the same Sarah who has to sit holding her son’s hand until he falls asleep because he won’t settle otherwise (unless he’s at ‘home’ in Aberdeen with Grandma and Grandad of course)

They’re both so passive aggressive actually - “forgetting” to make Sarah’s tea? I wonder what other small acts of rebellion Sinbad carries out daily?

These last few weeks have been very troubling to watch. Am really concerned about the situation regarding the children which seems to be reaching crisis point. Sarah has no insight into the impact of her own behaviour (children will generally look to parents for reassurance and/or for guidance on how to react to an uncertain situation. They will model what they see). They will also react negatively to situations or people that they consciously or unconsciously know will make their primary carer act out. I watched some of the bump to baby documentary. At two years old, Isla was already being exposed to very negative language and behaviour around Sinbad leaving to go on deployment.

My sister in law is in the forces (don’t want to say too much) as is her husband. They have two small children and have moved around a lot as she has been promoted. Deployments are treated very differently by her and her husband and that is with TWO of them affected. I know she’s been watching this account (because I told her about it!) and is pretty shocked. It’s very worrying. She has said there is mental health support for the children and Sarah that can be accessed via the SFA and I wonder if Sinbad and Sarah are accessing that? They really should be. They are a family in crisis to be honest. The thought of another baby being thrown into the mix and/or moving abroad away from all of the children’s usual support structures and familiarity at a critical time for their education makes me shudder

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.