This Mama Life #26 Sinbad’s off to sea sea sea but what about poor old me me me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sarah having a lunch time catch up with her bestie- presumably using annual leave or flexitime in her very accommodating job. On Weds of course she will have no leave remaining to manage childcare for the strike day and there’ll be moaning about hard it is for her being a solo parent and having to wfh with her children home for the day 🫤

Reactions: 13
I explained this to himself last night!... he works an hour and half up the motorway and I care for my granny an hour the other way, he works early some days lates other days and if he's on early he stays with his sister not worth coming home (I'd rather him alive than falling asleep at the wheel) he'd be a zombie, we have our calanders on our phones synced and we put everything into that calander from the smallest appointment to birthday's to things I'd in an ideal world like himself to attend with me but because of the job he does its not always possible, I can't stomp around posting comments about him not being able to come (my mother would lock me the mental) with me, the kids are the same if he's home he's home and that makes my life easy, but if he's not no big deal the kids are used of us of it, but I was explaining sarah and her comments the biggest eye roll!!!. Some weeks are carnage in this house as its a juggling act and we litterly can be ships passing in the night, he aims to be home for dinner but again life gets in the way, but like simba her keeps a roof over our heads bills are paid and we live a fairly comfortable life, not unrealistic but we're content

Reactions: 4
Taking another pic in the pool. Its only of the book but still shouldnt have phones out at the pool.

Reactions: 5
Taking another pic in the pool. Its only of the book but still shouldnt have phones out at the pool.
Is it a private pool?
I ask because at my kids swimming lessons if you even look in the direction of your phone in your bag the lifeguards just know somehow and you get a warning!
Not me, I behave myself, of course.

Reactions: 7
Is it a private pool?
I ask because at my kids swimming lessons if you even look in the direction of your phone in your bag the lifeguards just know somehow and you get a warning!
Yes its a private one attached to a school.

Reactions: 1
Is it a private pool?
😂😂😂 this made me laugh! Our pool is the exact same. Lifeguards are like sniffer dogs for phones & people get shamed for even glancing at a phone! I totally get it though, child protection rules are there for a reason

Reactions: 5
😂😂😂 this made me laugh! Our pool is the exact same. Lifeguards are like sniffer dogs for phones & people get shamed for even glancing at a phone! I totally get it though, child protection rules are there for a reason
I cringe when somebody takes out their phone as I can feel the tension suddenly rocket as we all await the lifeguard 🙈 the drama!

I wondered how Sarah got away with it, as she is actually taking photos, our lifeguards would not be happy.

Reactions: 3
A "healthy" carbonara, clearly in Sarah's head healthy = low calorie. Because an actual healthy meal would be full of veggies, whereas that meal perhaps just has low fat cream. She clearly still has a messed up relationship with food and wants Instagram to know about it because she seems to get off on having her neuroses on display at all times. It's not cute, Sarah.

Reactions: 9
It's 'healthy' because it's a very small portion in a tiny bowl. Look at the size of the fork and Islas lunchbox in comparison and you realise it's a tiny bowl.

Is it a private pool?
yeah I got bollocked once for taking a picture of my daughter and she was the only one there! The lifeguard did concede he was being silly and let me take it with him standing next to me. Not sure what difference that made 😂

Rob has got the dates wrong of his deployment. It was supposed to be 6 weeks and he’s been away a week and will still be away more than 6 weeks. How the duck can two adults be so disorganised and have so very little regard for their children’s feelings? This will impact the children as they’ll have to deal with him being away longer now when they only found out last minute he was going. Absolutely disgusting.

Reactions: 18
These kids aren’t babies and I don’t get why Sarah can’t grasp that. You cannot hide this from them. The trust issues they’ll have as adults will be unbelievable. You’ve got to tell your kids if their dad is coming home in 6 weeks or longer! It’s sickening. Also Sarah if you feel sad, home in your lovely house with your children and lovely warm bed - imagine how your poor husband feels stuck on that ship. She is so bleeping selfish, nobody can have it as bad as her. She winds me up something bleeping rotten.

Reactions: 15
These two idiots are so bleeping useless. Beyond useless. Both as thick as 2 short planks and neither of them has any common sense. Utter muppets the pair of them.

Reactions: 11
I can’t believe she’s even considering keeping this from the kids and actually LYING to them about how many days they have left until they see their dad again. She’s made it clear that they struggle with this, is she actually trying to make it worse?
They need to make sure the kids know that this isn’t Robs choice and they need to be able to trust what their mother tells them.

Reactions: 16
Tell me you can’t parent your kids without telling me you can’t parent your kids. Get a backbone and grow up. Those kids are 8 and 6!! I honestly cannot stand the ways her kids are always an afterthought. If she needs wine to deal with it then why isn’t she considering how the children will feel. Ffs. Selfish woman.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Nah. He's doing this on purpose now. First he forgets which day he's going away then he forgets how long for. I can't believe he's that much of a Muppet. He's doing this because he can't handle her reaction when he tells her or he's doing it in purpose to get away.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.