Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hrh89

VIP Member
They have done a book called 'This is This Country' (I think) with a lot of the back story of some characters that they couldn't fit into the programme eg Big Mandy. Sounds good.
so gonna get this!!! Really wanted the signed copies but think they’ve all gone 😭

Reactions: 1

Fickledipped19

Chatty Member
I just found out, not sure if it’s already been mentioned here but Len is Martins brother in real life , I just love the family connections of it, Daisy & Charlie are brother & sister, Martin Mucklowe is their dad & now Len is the uncle! Wish I was part of that family

hrh89

VIP Member
My heart broke when I found out Slugs/Michael Sleggs pasted away. He had so much potential! They are all Incredible, does anyone know of season 3 will happen?
Series three is due to air around feb next year I believe

hrh89

VIP Member
Poor Charlie seems to have the virus

Really😳. They don't know what they're missing. It cracks me up, I don't know how they manage to keep their faces straight 😂😂😂
yeah! Honestly most of the comedy stuff I watch no one I know does! Missing out big time agree

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I just can't think who it might be - very creative partner??? Like an artist? Not sure you'd describe another actor as 'very creative' particularly?

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I just can't think who it might be - very creative partner??? Like an artist? Not sure you'd describe another actor as 'very creative' particularly?
The guesses on Twitter have ranged from Jane Horrocks to Kristin Wiig (I’m guessing because she’s worked with Paul Feig who is directing the American remake) to Meryl Streep! I really have no idea. They’ve said that they’re not English, have a creative partner and they’ve never met them before. I hope they show her face in the final but I doubt it.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Yes! Or I also thought the suggestion of Frances McDormand - married to a Cohen brother - was quite good.

Though to add to the confusion I saw that Paul Cooper 'Martin Mucklowe' had 'liked' someone's suggestion that the person was possibly younger and a musician - red herring possibly?

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
You guys have to check this out. Don’t be like me and almost not bother , nonchalantly assuming once you’ve seen one comedy edit you’ve seen them all... because it’s this country , meaning it is a cut above the rest ....

Ooh thanks - I will save that for an after dinner watch with a 🍷 . I've been thinking of my favourite episodes and it is so hard, as each episode has so many classic moments. Mandy's horrible book of tattooes and Kerry desperately trying to get out of getting one, Kurtan's quest for Robert Robinson, book club, the Fox twins.
Genius.

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Could be Gillian Anderson? Her partner is a scriptwriter for The Crown and she’s not English (I don’t think although her English accent is superb).