Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Roarquaver

This week's episode was one of my all time favourites! It was so nice to have a genuine distraction from the worlds anxiety

Reactions: 4

Horatio

VIP Member
You guys are watching the new series right? Last weeks ep with judiths garden, Kerry’s list of bits from the shop, the driving!! fucking amazing absolutely howling throughout 😂.

I BEG YOUR PARDON

although this is the final series, I was listening to the WTAF podcast with Charlie and daisy as guests and they basically said they hope to do a film at some point !!
YES
Last week’s was one of the best. I love that you brought up the “I beg your pardon” part too, me and my mate have been quoting that constantly. There was also something so funny about Kerry’s response “I already heard about it but I didn’t say anything because I knew you'd react like this.” I guess because his reaction seemed so off the hook.
I love the dynamic the vicar has with the two of them, having so much of that was one of the things that made the episode so good.
Always keen for a Mandy cameo l too, “it’s a brick in a pillowcase.” Of course it is. 😂

That said ep1 was great too. I loved Kerry working at the dump ! 😂 And kurtan’s manic energy when she got home reminded me so much of when my boyfriend wasn’t working - that’s exactly what I’d come home to, and my reaction.

Is there a new one out tonight? The quality of this show is so consistently high, it’s a shame this has to be the last series but also looks likely that they will never do a bad episode.

Reactions: 4

varyingborders

VIP Member
I’ve only recently just started watching This Country but oh my god I bloody love it !!
Recently watched the episode where Kerry injures herself really really badly (😂) during football training and they’re helping her up off the floor “oh oh vicar.. your fingers are going up me arsehole mate” 😭😭 and Mandy’s description of when she saw the Fox Twins and exactly one week later she saw an alien ! 😭😭

• Sad
Reactions: 3

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Omg I love This Country. I watch it so often. I'm from a small West Country village originally and it is so accurate. I was only laughing yesterday at 'tomackle'. And the Fox twins. So so much that is brilliant.

hrh89

VIP Member
Me too. I discovered it after series 2 was out and binged watched 2 series in 2 days. I feel like I haven’t had long enough since discovering it to it being the last series 😭. Does anyone follow Charlie and Daisy on instagram? They put some funny stuff up!
I do! I love daisys posts of her daughter “buckbeack” 😂 and the stuff about ghost hunting 😂 she is one of my favourite people I love how normal she is

Horatio

VIP Member
It’s an absolutely genius show, truely laugh out loud funny. 3 series is probably not a bad call either, so many comedies keep going way longer than they should to the point of absurdity - the fact there’s a whole expression for it .... you have to be brave and go out on a high. How much more can Kerry and kurtan realistically [not] do?? I did see a headline that said the death of the guy who played sluggs was part of the decision too.

One of my fave scenes off my head is when kurtan gets into the college and plays that song in the vicars office. I love the vicar.

Droosie123

VIP Member
So glad this show is unanimously loved on here. The book club episode is definitely one of my favourites, Mandy keeping on telling Kayleigh shes wrong, her making Kerry explain the goosebumps plot then saying she might have read it if she hadn't ruined it 😂

My ultimate favourite though, her story reading of the murderer in the cupboard"was anyone else surprised the murderer was just a suit jacket because I was and I wrote it" I was absolutely howling
Ashley McGuire said on Twitter that she laughed so much filming that scene that she could barely look at anyone else.
I told her she couldn’t have laughed as much as me...and I wasn’t even there.

Best thing is my dear family have taken to calling me “Big Mand”. Feckers.

• Haha

hrh89

VIP Member
Thanks for that👍😂😂😂. Just watched it. Oh how I'm gonna miss it😕😕
miss it already im so gutted. Love the vicar so much, him laughing at “boiled egg in the dog collar” had me dying 😂

just seen on daisys insta she’s doing a live script writing session tomorrow at 8pm should be interesting!

memoii11

VIP Member
I'm so sad there's only one left. I think I read somewhere though that they want to make a film, which would be amazing!

Reactions: 2

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Apparently Kurtan's nan (with the pixellated face) is a A list actor who flew in specially to do it. They are not saying who it was but have given some clues eg not from England, has a very creative partner, they had never met this person before :unsure:

Reactions: 2