Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hrh89

VIP Member
Really really wanna do a trip to Cirencester and see all the little spots where they film 😂

Reactions: 6

hrh89

VIP Member
So next week is the last one? :cry:
Hope the vicar doesn't go to Bristol - he needs to stay.
I think my favourite of this series has been the book club one - just hilarious. And we still don't know who Kurtan's nan was!
gaaaah the bit where vicar told the camera crew he was going but hadn’t told k&k was so emotional. 😭 I feel so sad for these fictional people 😂

• Haha

hrh89

VIP Member
Yeah I love a ‘mockumentary ’, it can produce such brilliantly awkward dry humour. Amazing comedy pauses. It’s also really good for pushing the plot along without feeling like clunky exposition- because it makes sense they are explaining this new character or situation.
(did spinal tap create the genre ? )

This country may be the best example of a mockumentary I’ve ever seen though. I love how they’ve started interacting with the ‘film crew’ now.
kerrys little facial expressions to the crew absolutely kill me every time

Uhohno

Chatty Member
My heart broke when I found out Slugs/Michael Sleggs pasted away. He had so much potential! They are all Incredible, does anyone know of season 3 will happen?

hrh89

VIP Member
Apparently Kurtan's nan (with the pixellated face) is a A list actor who flew in specially to do it. They are not saying who it was but have given some clues eg not from England, has a very creative partner, they had never met this person before :unsure:
I saw this but I don’t think they will ever reveal who it was unless someone leaks it. They were both on a podcast I listened to where they said they wouldn’t reveal who it was and no one would ever guess. 😂 so who knows

Major major props to Paul Chahidi who plays the Vicar he is absolutely spot on casting and the three of them together are such a joy to watch.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
So next week is the last one? :cry:
Hope the vicar doesn't go to Bristol - he needs to stay.
I think my favourite of this series has been the book club one - just hilarious. And we still don't know who Kurtan's nan was!

• Haha

Spider12

VIP Member
Also came across This Country by chance and binge watched two series in one day. Absolutely brilliant. Obsessed with it. Haha the Mr Perkins is a prick song is in my head now 😂

Reactions: 5

hrh89

VIP Member
Oh I just love the affection the vicar has for Kerry and Kurtan and the way they clearly see him as a father figure it’s so so heartwarming. This weeks episode was hilarious.

Sticky One

VIP Member
I have JUST found this programme and honestly we love it, we laugh so much at every single episode so far. I really liked Stath let’s flat, and it’s kind of the same humour. Brilliant

hrh89

VIP Member
You guys are watching the new series right? Last weeks ep with judiths garden, Kerry’s list of bits from the shop, the driving!! fucking amazing absolutely howling throughout 😂.

I BEG YOUR PARDON

although this is the final series, I was listening to the WTAF podcast with Charlie and daisy as guests and they basically said they hope to do a film at some point !!

Horatio

VIP Member
"Plenty of room, plenty of room, plenty of room, STOOOPPPPP!" 😂😂 and when they're freaking out about the car being the wrong way and the vicar doesnt even notice, just hilarious. Gutted its overnow but I'm so glad they were able to maintain the quality
Yeah all the best comedies know to quit while they’re still funny. Even the greatest shows will jump the shark eventually if they go on too long, it’s inevitable. Comedy has a shorter shelf life than drama. There’s nothing worse than seeing a once hilarious show turn it’s characters into parodies solely defined by exaggerations of their personality and repeating the same storylines with added ridiculousness that makes it just stupid and not funny anymore (peep show I’m looking at you.)

Reactions: 4

MorrisseysCat

One of the best written and performed British comedies in years. I love them all but Mandys tattoo book, “Mr. Perkins is a Prick”, the Vicars song with The Nice Guys and Martin Mucklowe living in the caravan and recounting anecdotes about what a great builder Fred West was are my highlights. Can’t wait for the new series.

• Heart

hrh89

VIP Member
I’ve only recently just started watching This Country but oh my god I bloody love it !!
Recently watched the episode where Kerry injures herself really really badly (😂) during football training and they’re helping her up off the floor “oh oh vicar.. your fingers are going up me arsehole mate” 😭😭 and Mandy’s description of when she saw the Fox Twins and exactly one week later she saw an alien ! 😭😭
the constant ringing round telling everyone she’d “smashed my leg to fuck” 😂 pass it on

• Haha

Horatio

VIP Member
I have JUST found this programme and honestly we love it, we laugh so much at every single episode so far. I really liked Stath let’s flat, and it’s kind of the same humour. Brilliant
Yeah I love a ‘mockumentary ’, it can produce such brilliantly awkward dry humour. Amazing comedy pauses. It’s also really good for pushing the plot along without feeling like clunky exposition- because it makes sense they are explaining this new character or situation.
(did spinal tap create the genre ? )

This country may be the best example of a mockumentary I’ve ever seen though. I love how they’ve started interacting with the ‘film crew’ now.