Things you love but everyone hates!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A weird one but being on my period. I’ve always enjoyed it for some reason, I think I quite enjoy feeling sorry for myself 🤣 can I just add I get period pain but not horrendously

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Having ‘dinner’ condiments with crisps eg hot dog mustard, mayo etc as a dip

most of the time I prefer eating meals at home than takeaways

karaoke! I like singing and don’t take it too serious but most people are either terrified or think they’re about to go on x factor

Reactions: 2
A bagel with hummus and capers. Or hummus and gherkins. I don't think it's hated but certainly not common 😋🥒😂

Children/the idea of having kids
I’m in my early 20s and I feel like it’s trendy to not want children and go ‘ew’ when someone brings up having kids etc

Reactions: 5
Holidaying alone. Don't get me wrong its sometimes a bit tedious but I love having that freedom to do as much or as little as I want. No compromises

Holidaying alone. Don't get me wrong its sometimes a bit tedious but I love having that freedom to do as much or as little as I want. No compromises
How do you manage with eating? Sounds ridiculous but I'd love to go away on my own but my fear would be sitting and eating alone

Reactions: 1
How do you manage with eating? Sounds ridiculous but I'd love to go away on my own but my fear would be sitting and eating alone
I just go for it. The biggest problem is often finding where I want to eat. But I've gotten used to eating alone (even got a 'pity' free course at a verrrry fancy restaurant in Dubai). I just take my ipad/a book or people watch.
And if I'm not in the mood then I'll room service or have a evening eating snacks in my dressing gown in the hotel room.

Reactions: 3
I love it too and travel alone for work a lot. For me I take a book/ stay on my phone in restaurants. Some countries are perfect for solo travellers too- for me Germany is an introvert’s paradise and even places like Bali has loads of solo females.

Things I love- old school comedy that’s seen as cringeworthy- Are You Being Served, Carry On films and On The Buses
Healthy food that some people dismiss as rabbit food.
Cheesy music- I hate popular chart stuff and prefer the type of stuff you’d hear on holiday or at a dodgy Xmas party like Come On Eileen, Sweet Caroline, Boney M etc. Both my music and TV tastes aren’t my generation neither!

Reactions: 4
Ordinary instant coffee, eg Nescafé, or if I’m feeling fancy, Kenco. Nothing brewed, percolated or lattes from Starbucks.

Cold food. As in: leftovers straight from the fridge.
And: pasta, nothing else, no sauce, just plain pasta.

Flared jeans! Got a few pairs from topshop this week.
I love flared jeans. Jane Birkin in flared jeans in the 70s is my style icon.

A weird one but being on my period. I’ve always enjoyed it for some reason, I think I quite enjoy feeling sorry for myself 🤣 can I just add I get period pain but not horrendously
Yes, same but I have horrific PMT, and the first day of my period the brain fog and depression lifts and I feel normal again. It's such a relief, and I find it cleansing. Its also the only time of the month when I sleep well, I have awful insomnia the rest of the month.

Marzipan
Fruit cake... I love proper Christmas cake and kind of miss going to a wedding and coming home with a piece of cake wrapped in a napkin 😂
Another vote for basic, normal instant coffee over coffee-wanker complicated coffee.

Marzipan
Fruit cake... I love proper Christmas cake and kind of miss going to a wedding and coming home with a piece of cake wrapped in a napkin 😂
Another vote for basic, normal instant coffee over coffee-wanker complicated coffee.
Waitrose used to do a lovely mild own brand coffee in a blue topped jar. I really liked it. Wasn’t available any more. Hope they bring it back. I had a flat mate who used to buy Maxwell House. I liked that too.

Reactions: 1
I love going out for dinner on my own. Before I was with my husband I would do it all the time! Take a book with me sometimes.

Thunderstorms

I love going out for dinner on my own. Before I was with my husband I would do it all the time! Take a book with me sometimes.

Thunderstorms
I have travelled a lot on my own. I only found it difficult sometime going out for dinner in the evenings. Then I just got some snacks and stayed in my room. The Cretans are very hospitable and I used to get free drinks and desserts sent to my table when on my own.

I used to go out frequently in London for lunch on my own when not at work as many restaurants had special two and three course lunch deals which were a bargain. Had a late lunch and didn’t need dinner. I took a book, newspaper or magazine with me. Sometimes an iPad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3