Things you love but everyone hates!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
-Cleaning (especially hoovering)
-Coriander
-Not going out
-Really cheap chocolate from Aldi/Lidl, much prefer it to sickly sweet brands like Thorntons etc
-Colourful and funky homes with character rather than ones curated just for the 'gram
-Warm mushy weetabix with honey. I have it like a porridge and thought that's what it's supposed to be until my now husband took the mick and said everyone eats it hard with cold milk?! 🤢

Reactions: 3
Complete silence! Don’t mind general noise from outside e.g. birds, cars etc but most of the time when I’m in the house on my own going about stuff I just enjoy the silence 😂 as soon as my partner gets back he needs constant TV/music/radio. I drive long distance for work and sometimes will go hours without the radio on, too!

Reactions: 5
-Coriander
-Not going out
-Really cheap chocolate from Aldi/Lidl, much prefer it to sickly sweet brands like Thorntons etc
-Colourful and funky homes with character rather than ones curated just for the 'gram
-Warm mushy weetabix with honey. I have it like a porridge and thought that's what it's supposed to be until my now husband took the mick and said everyone eats it hard with cold milk?! 🤢
genuinely had no idea that cold hard weetabix was a thing until I was about 25! I absolutely despise mushy cereal but weetabix has to be hot milk and sugar.

The Tory's :giggle: although only our Fab Five
You’ve definitely got the requirements stated in the thread title more than most with that one .. ie “everyone hates” 😂
Fair play though, politics aside, Rishi Sunak is a decent guy. The partner of a friend of a mine knows him and they’ve had him over for dinner. She’s pure north London labour for life but has nothing but kind words to say about him.
Plus when I learnt about his Star Wars obsession I couldn’t help but warm to him. I love a geek.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
The opposite of a popular thread on this sub forum!

I love:

Parma Violets
Aniseed
Hot weather
Bidets
Eating healthy food
Def agree with bidets, I wish I had room for one in my tiny bathroom, I hadn’t used one until I lived in Italy and now really miss them a! So much more hygienic

I love stale haribo/ jelly type sweets, if they aren’t stale I usually freeze them as I don’t like the really soft texture

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Def agree with bidets, I wish I had room for one in my tiny bathroom, I hadn’t used one until I lived in Italy and now really miss them a! So much more hygienic

I love stale haribo/ jelly type sweets, if they aren’t stale I usually freeze them as I don’t like the really soft texture
You don’t need room for a bidet, you can just get a little shower head attachment to put on the side of your toilet. I have a handheld bidet and I love it even more than traditional ones.

(I’m not promoting the above link, I just wanted to show you some examples)

Last edited:
  • Wow
I am another 'eating alone' fan. Nobody watching you eat, or commenting on your food 'that looks good, wish I'd ordered that now' or all the pass the salt/pepper/vinegar shenanigans.

I also love spiders. Big hairy ones or little scuttlers, all of them.

I am another 'eating alone' fan. Nobody watching you eat, or commenting on your food 'that looks good, wish I'd ordered that now' or all the pass the salt/pepper/vinegar shenanigans.
Yes avoiding all that is a dream. Sometimes eating with others, especially one other, can feel very intense. When do I chew, when do I speak or reply to a question. Spaghetti, pho or noodles of any kind can be hell if you’re not entirely comfortable sitting across from your companion on a tiny wobbly table. Possibly straining to hear above other chat and music.

for anyone worried about how it looks eating alone, feeling judged or pitied, I once felt the same. That is until I started waitressing and would have the occasional solo customer. Observing them from that perspective I never thought they looked sad or weird (it would happen regularly enough) , nor did anyone else really care. I realised it looked like bliss. A treat not an everyday occurrence for sure, but total me-time, treat ya self, glass of wine and a book, bliss.

You don’t need room for a bidet, you can just get a little shower head attachment to put on the side of your toilet. I have a handheld bidet and I love it even more than traditional ones.

(I’m not promoting the above link, I just wanted to show you some examples)
Omg I am 100% gettting thisz, thanks😍!

Reactions: 1
Exercising at home. I used to go to a barre studio before Covid but I think I am now in better shape. I realised the reps we did at my old studio were so fast and useless. I am now focusing way more on form and slower reps and look and feel stronger. Will not pay for a gym membership again, lol.

Coffee with only a little bit of cream.

Cleaning. I LOVE deep cleaning the washing machine, bathroom, mopping, etc.

Android/Google tech. My phone is Android and Laptop is a Google Pixelbook. Will never go back to Apple.

Rottweilers and German Shepards. Really lovely dogs if trained well.

Yes avoiding all that is a dream. Sometimes eating with others, especially one other, can feel very intense. When do I chew, when do I speak or reply to a question. Spaghetti, pho or noodles of any kind can be hell if you’re not entirely comfortable sitting across from your companion on a tiny wobbly table. Possibly straining to hear above other chat and music.

for anyone worried about how it looks eating alone, feeling judged or pitied, I once felt the same. That is until I started waitressing and would have the occasional solo customer. Observing them from that perspective I never thought they looked sad or weird (it would happen regularly enough) , nor did anyone else really care. I realised it looked like bliss. A treat not an everyday occurrence for sure, but total me-time, treat ya self, glass of wine and a book, bliss.
I totally get all of this - my stepmother was a horrible bully at mealtimes, her list of table manners bordered on the ridiculous (you don't need two hands to eat a sandwich, you hold a piece of cake with your left finger & thumb) and even you weren't allowed to leave the table until everyone else had finished even if you were desperate for the toilet!

Much more pleasant eating alone with nobody watching/judging 👍

• Wow
Having mint sauce on EVERY meat that I have on a gravy dinner, a lot of people look horrified if I have it on any other meat than lamb 😆

• Heart
-Coriander
-Not going out
Yes to the cheap chocolate. I LOVE milky bar but I prefer cheap chocolate in advent calendars lol.

Hoovering and doing the washing. I don't enjoy ironing but I can't go out in creased clothes. A few people I know don't iron anything and it bugs me.

Reactions: 1
Cold, rainy days - i find them so comforting!
Bountys
Anything pickled
The smell of rose/lavender - my husband thinks I'm weird for loving them.
Cheap cold meat

Cold, rainy days - i find them so comforting!
Bountys
Anything pickled
The smell of rose/lavender - my husband thinks I'm weird for loving them.
Cheap cold meat
Oh yes all of this, you could be me! I don't understand the hate for Bountys, they seem to always be the last ones left in a box of celebrations but I love them!

Cheap cold meat it does depend though- not a fan of cold chicken but cheap cured meats are great

I've already stated I love eating alone.

But as a youngster I did think people who did were rather lonely or strange but as I got older I see it as total self indulgence and just perfect!

Going for a meal on a first date is the stuff of nightmares. Sitting directly opposite, being too self aware the entire time if you have parsely stuck in your teeth or food on the corners of your lips. I hated going on such dates.

Another cheap chocolate fan here too. I don't like Thorntons at all and would happily choose a pack of snide rip off mini Bounty than a box of Thorntons chocolate. Its vile. My brother always gets me tons of it every christmas, I often wonder what on earth made him thinks I love it so much 🤮

Last edited: