Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sw4

VIP Member
The end of summer and also when the clocks go back. I am truly an Autumn girl and September/October are my favourite months of the year.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

ChloChlo

VIP Member
A freezing cold bedroom! Window wide open ALL weathers.

Pineapple on vegetarian pizza.
Chicken skin.
Liquorice.
Mushrooms.
Imperfect teeth.
Chavvy men.
Eating out alone.
Watching the credits of a movie.
Lockdown.
Kidney beans.
Tinned burgers.
Council estates.

Reactions: 5

Cáca_Milis

VIP Member
By “outed as a weirdo on twitter”, do you mean that the usual suspects are going through his work with a fine-toothed comb, desperately searching for things to be offended at? Because that’s all I’m seeing so far.
Yeah.. the woke brigade have grown tired of bashing JK Rowling so now have moved to Walliams

willow2012

Children/the idea of having kids
I’m in my early 20s and I feel like it’s trendy to not want children and go ‘ew’ when someone brings up having kids etc

Forfoxsake

Marzipan
Fruit cake... I love proper Christmas cake and kind of miss going to a wedding and coming home with a piece of cake wrapped in a napkin 😂
Another vote for basic, normal instant coffee over coffee-wanker complicated coffee.

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
Complete silence! Don’t mind general noise from outside e.g. birds, cars etc but most of the time when I’m in the house on my own going about stuff I just enjoy the silence 😂 as soon as my partner gets back he needs constant TV/music/radio. I drive long distance for work and sometimes will go hours without the radio on, too!

ChloChlo

VIP Member
Yes avoiding all that is a dream. Sometimes eating with others, especially one other, can feel very intense. When do I chew, when do I speak or reply to a question. Spaghetti, pho or noodles of any kind can be hell if you’re not entirely comfortable sitting across from your companion on a tiny wobbly table. Possibly straining to hear above other chat and music.

for anyone worried about how it looks eating alone, feeling judged or pitied, I once felt the same. That is until I started waitressing and would have the occasional solo customer. Observing them from that perspective I never thought they looked sad or weird (it would happen regularly enough) , nor did anyone else really care. I realised it looked like bliss. A treat not an everyday occurrence for sure, but total me-time, treat ya self, glass of wine and a book, bliss.
I've already stated I love eating alone.

But as a youngster I did think people who did were rather lonely or strange but as I got older I see it as total self indulgence and just perfect!

Going for a meal on a first date is the stuff of nightmares. Sitting directly opposite, being too self aware the entire time if you have parsely stuck in your teeth or food on the corners of your lips. I hated going on such dates.

Another cheap chocolate fan here too. I don't like Thorntons at all and would happily choose a pack of snide rip off mini Bounty than a box of Thorntons chocolate. Its vile. My brother always gets me tons of it every christmas, I often wonder what on earth made him thinks I love it so much 🤮

Last edited:
Agree about lockdown, I was hating going to my baby groups cause the other mothers were clichy bitches so its been nice not having to make excuses for not going. Or going and feeling like shite after.

• Sad

aimz_yeah

Chatty Member
Holidaying alone. Don't get me wrong its sometimes a bit tedious but I love having that freedom to do as much or as little as I want. No compromises

Facehugger

VIP Member
Yes avoiding all that is a dream. Sometimes eating with others, especially one other, can feel very intense. When do I chew, when do I speak or reply to a question. Spaghetti, pho or noodles of any kind can be hell if you’re not entirely comfortable sitting across from your companion on a tiny wobbly table. Possibly straining to hear above other chat and music.

for anyone worried about how it looks eating alone, feeling judged or pitied, I once felt the same. That is until I started waitressing and would have the occasional solo customer. Observing them from that perspective I never thought they looked sad or weird (it would happen regularly enough) , nor did anyone else really care. I realised it looked like bliss. A treat not an everyday occurrence for sure, but total me-time, treat ya self, glass of wine and a book, bliss.
I totally get all of this - my stepmother was a horrible bully at mealtimes, her list of table manners bordered on the ridiculous (you don't need two hands to eat a sandwich, you hold a piece of cake with your left finger & thumb) and even you weren't allowed to leave the table until everyone else had finished even if you were desperate for the toilet!

Much more pleasant eating alone with nobody watching/judging 👍

• Wow

Itsalwayssunny

Winter when it is -20.
Shoveling snow... it is such a great workout, lol.
Jalapenos.
Brussel Sprouts/Mushrooms.
Oat and raisin cookies.
Pickles.
Green-yellow bananas and must be kept in the fridge. Warm, over-ripe bananas are gross to me.
Eggs cooked hard.
Pineapple on pizza.
Going out for dinner by myself.
Taylor Swift.
Marigolds.
I really love going for supper on my own 😁

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
A freezing cold bedroom! Window wide open ALL weathers.
Yes! I always have windows open no matter what the weather. I can't sleep in a warm bedroom. My whole house has windows open as it's usually me at home on my own. Lockdown has seen some rows about closing the windows

Titntat

VIP Member
Mmmm crispy chicken skin 🤤🤤
I love chicken skin too (feels weird typing it).

Also I like the bits of chicken that look really scabby (normally next to the legs and thighs). My partner and daughter will only eat the nice looking bits when I make a roast

• Heart

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
That is my absolute fave. I love drying weather. I wash EVERYTHING 😆😆. And nothing beats the smell of air dried clothes and bedding 🥰 Some of my friends don't even own washing lines, they just put it straight in the tumble dryer 😬
Line dried bedding is the best. But then there's a race to be in bed first otherwise the magic disappears. 😆

• Haha

Holly Golightly

Totally agree, especially screaming, I was always taught as a young child to only scream in an emergency so it retained a level of significance. Clearly no one thinks this now, even now when I hear screaming it puts me on edge as I assume someone terrible is happening, only to look outside and see people just messing around
Yes, I was taught the same thing.

Yet now people screaming is so regular every day I take no notice. It would be so awful if someone really was in trouble and got ignored because everyone thought it was just people being loud and silly...I wonder if that has happened. Wouldn't be surprised.

marlaxo

soap sweets / floral gums, i used to eat so many they made my jaw hurt lol
parma violets - think I like floral flavours
and again, rose lemonade
being on my own - lockdown is bliss, I havent attended a single zoom chat unrelated to work yet as I love my own little bubble (with my little boy and partner)
eating out / cinema on my own

Reactions: 4