Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

coconochanel

VIP Member
Buying a tv guide every week (nobody understands this!)
Mushrooms
Staying at home / staying in
Buy also eating out/going for coffee alone
the quietness of libraries
Coronation Street
My mum buys a tv guide every week and I must admit I do look through it to see what to watch in the week. I do buy one at Christmas though 😊

Reactions: 7

Instawhut!

Being alone. Lockdown was a dream for me.
I agree, i love my friends and family, but its been so nice to have no social obligations for a few months. I work 40+ hours per week and usually am very busy around that so its kind of been like a break even though ive still been working 😅

AutumnGhost

Chatty Member
Silence
Being alone
Mushrooms
Scampi Nik Naks
Gherkins
Birkenstocks
Extra spicy foods (vindaloos etc)
Autumn/winter clothing

• Heart

Holly Golightly

Going to the cinema alone - utter bliss 💜
I will not ever understand why this is considered weird. Likewise, the theatre.

I've often done both alone and for the most part nobody cares when you are in there so I don't know why people get so het up about the subject or refuse to do these things by themselves to the point where they miss out on some great art.

• Heart

Holly Golightly

I don't care what people think anymore! I used to worry about getting odd looks but meh 🤷🏻‍♀️ don't understand it either to be honest. I find I enjoy the film more if I'm by myself.
Cinema is promoted as this important social thing but I don't get why. Once the lights are off you aren't meant to be interacting. I know some people like having others to discuss what they watched after but is that really so vital to the extent where going on your own if your mates can't come is the most unappealing thing ever?

_RainBeanTemaki_

Cinema is promoted as this important social thing but I don't get why. Once the lights are off you aren't meant to be interacting. I know some people like having others to discuss what they watched after but is that really so vital to the extent where going on your own if your mates can't come is the most unappealing thing ever?
Exactly! It's also a horrible first date idea for that reason. I hate people chatting during the film too! I like to sit on my own and eat, drink and get into the film. I've done it with all genres of film, even horror and I actually miss it now 😔

• Heart

ChloChlo

VIP Member
Yes! I always have windows open no matter what the weather. I can't sleep in a warm bedroom. My whole house has windows open as it's usually me at home on my own. Lockdown has seen some rows about closing the windows
Oh there has been many rows here.

I love a freezing cold house in general, I love waking up and walking into a freezing cold kitchen to make my 5 sugared coffee and open my back door - again all weathers. In winter I only ever have the heating on to please others. If I had my way I wouldnt ever have it on. The Mr however is ALWAYS cold, he shuts any window I open and turns the heating full blast and still sits there wrapped in blankets. I hate that! I prefer breathing fresh cool air. Not muggy, hot, stale fart air 🤮

Delia Smith

VIP Member
Buying a tv guide every week (nobody understands this!)
Mushrooms
Staying at home / staying in
Buy also eating out/going for coffee alone
the quietness of libraries
Coronation Street

• Haha

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
The opposite of a popular thread on this sub forum!

I love:

Parma Violets
Aniseed
Hot weather
Bidets
Eating healthy food

Horatio

VIP Member
Yes I’m with y’all that LOVE going to the cinema and theatre alone and have done so many times. I especially love visiting the cinema alone, preferably a mid-week matinee if you are privileged enough to be able to do that. Bliss.
For me it’s because not having a person next to you means you can completely focus on whatever story the film is telling you and immerse yourself in that world, which I love to do. If you’ve got a friend there you’re always at least partially thinking about their experience. Especially if you suggested it - are they enjoying it? Am I enjoying it ? What will I say afterwards ? Should we get a drink somewhere or will it be kind of late? Why did I suggest this film, is it terrible ? Is it going to get going soon so they won’t be bored? They laughed just then so maybe they are enjoying it?

Obviously it’s not always that extreme and I don’t mind having someone there . But alone I can have a more honest reaction to whatever I’m seeing

• Heart
Reactions: 6

chocolate choux

VIP Member
Olives
Quark
Gherkins
Mayonnaise (why so many ‘no mayo’ premade sandwiches?)
Cold custard
Irish names
Some daytime TV
Modern (‘ugly’) architecture
Sterile environments / houses that look like show homes
Hot weather
Wind
Flying & airports
Matt Hancock (not his politics, just think he’s cute)
Kitten heels

• Haha
  • Heart

Sosig

Chatty Member
Winter
Wheetabix with cold milk
Pork scratchings
Tea without sugar
Licquorice
Cola sweets
Mushrooms
Turkish Delight (Got to be Fry's!)
Gherkins on maccies burgers (Sometimes ask for extra on my cheeseburger)

Caramel Latte

Surprised to see many people write olives cuz in the ME and mideterranean countries we love olives😂

BananaSmith

Chatty Member
Cloth mask to go shopping, hides me swearing under my breath with people not following the rules (mostly getting far too close, reaching across my trolley)

ETA to change and to with

Last edited:
  • Haha