Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are teachers on TikTok dictating what gifts they'd rather recieve from their students and they say anything upto $25 (this seems to be mostly USA/Aus based)....I think this is obscence.

While I think teachers are criminally under valued and feel it's nice to give something small as a token, these TikTok teachers feeling entitled to gifts costing upto that much and slyly trying to say what they want (under the guise of helping people buy more original gifts than mugs/chocolate) rather than just let people choose themselves like you're supposed to because that's the entire point of gifts has me boggling.

Who brought up these people to be so entitled?
Gift buying is almost non existent for uk secondary school teachers. We have to declare any gifts we receive as well. Pretty sure we’d get told off if we took to TikTok to request gifts here.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Gift buying is almost non existent for uk secondary school teachers. We have to declare any gifts we receive as well. Pretty sure we’d get told off if we took to TikTok to request gifts here.
Really? At mine (I am mid 30s though so this is anlong time ago) parents organised so the class bought something together, so in the end it was very little for each studnet

Reactions: 2
Interesting, thank you for setting it straight.

Seems like it's common within primary schools in the UK, though, from what I hear?

Reactions: 4
Our local groups are now overrun with posts thanking good Samaritans for helping them in the snow, “what a lovely community we have” etc. I know it’s nice to say thank you but it just feels too sickly sweet for me and half of it’s more than likely posted for a bit of attention and a few likes.

Can’t please me 😂 people are either too miserable or too nicey nicey clearly
The ones that annoy me are those that say they want to find said good samaritan to thank them again... Did they not say thank you at the time?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People dressing up as Wednesday Addams and replicating that annoying dance.

Reactions: 26
Parents posting emails stating their child's school is closed. Now everyone knows what school your child goes to

Gonna quote myself here but I’m sick of seeing my statuses in my memories from 14 years ago!
Utter cringe and embarrassment!!
What the hell was wrong with me?? 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
All the posts, memes about White Lotus. I'm sure it's great, only watched 1 episode of the first season. But oh my god it's EVERYWHERE and CONSTANT. That's the thing about social media, everything gets rammed down your throat so much you get sick of it.

• Heart
All the posts, memes about White Lotus. I'm sure it's great, only watched 1 episode of the first season. But oh my god it's EVERYWHERE and CONSTANT. That's the thing about social media, everything gets rammed down your throat so much you get sick of it.
There are so many things that I’ve refused to watch because the hype was unbearable. I’ve only just watched Elf for the first time 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There are so many things that I’ve refused to watch because the hype was unbearable. I’ve only just watched Elf for the first time 🤣
I'm exactly the same, might watch white locus in a decade or so when I don't have to listen to everyone talking about it :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
🤣 I only watched Elf for the first time at the weekend. No idea what the hype is all about 1/10. Wouldn't bother to watch again

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m the same with Game Of Thrones, Squid Game and Peaky Blinders. I’ll probably be really late to the party for all of those things when everyone else has forgotten about them 🤣

Reactions: 12
🤣 I only watched Elf for the first time at the weekend. No idea what the hype is all about 1/10. Wouldn't bother to watch again
It was fine, I’d watch it again for an easy watch but I was honestly expecting it to be hilarious and I only laughed a few times 😂

I’m the same with Game Of Thrones, Squid Game and Peaky Blinders. I’ll probably be really late to the party for all of those things when everyone else has forgotten about them 🤣
Squid Game I did watch but I managed to get that in before the hype really started as a friend recommended it to me and said I’d enjoy it. Game of Thrones I’ve tried to watch three times but can’t get past the first season 😂

Reactions: 2
Omg yes!! You’ve perfectly articulated a feeling I didn’t know I had and I think it’s why I don’t watch many series it’s overwhelming the amount of content that’s put out there and the FOMO marketing of each series launch is so overwhelming!

Reactions: 4
This stupid thing of "what your ____ order says about you"

Reactions: 5
I have no desire to see it either, but its only redeeming feature seems to be Theo James getting his lad out (prosthetic I’m assuming, but who knows!!)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.