Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In any discussion of how boring beige/grey interiors and clothes and children's toys etc. are, someone always comes out with "colour is too STIMULATING! I need beige and grey to keep me calm! It's the digital age, we have too much information being thrown at us and too many demands on our time, colour would just overload our brains!" I don't know, India is one of the most tech-connected societies in the world and yet people there can cope perfectly well with colourful surroundings. The same goes for parts of Africa, and many other places. You just have boring tastes
I absolutely hate the grey trend too, but I have a friend on Facebook who goes on about colour like it makes her SO unique that she has a colourful house and constantly goes on about grey being boring, it drives me nuts. Like I agree but come on girl, pick something new to post about 🙄 it doesn’t help that she’s doing up her house. We heard ya the first time love

• Haha
Reactions: 8
We’re on the 4th of December and I’m sick of seeing posts moaning about the elf
Don’t do it simple. I don’t think the kids even care it’s for the parents to show off.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
In any discussion of how boring beige/grey interiors and clothes and children's toys etc. are, someone always comes out with "colour is too STIMULATING! I need beige and grey to keep me calm! It's the digital age, we have too much information being thrown at us and too many demands on our time, colour would just overload our brains!" I don't know, India is one of the most tech-connected societies in the world and yet people there can cope perfectly well with colourful surroundings. The same goes for parts of Africa, and many other places. You just have boring tastes
Maybe if they spent less time on their bleeping phones they wouldn’t be overstimulated

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I truly hate how cleaning has become a trend on social media people have been cleaning for decades since social media come about it's getting boring now
It drives me mad.

'Hacks' such as cleaning a washing machine/sink/toilet are not new inventions, people have been cleaning like this for years. Most of these cleaning hacks/pages are the idiots that have hinch as part of their username 😴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
When people send vague PMs and don't seem overly happy at having to explain. I've worked out what she's on about and she has no idea what she's talking about

Reactions: 4
I feel terrible for saying this but posts about people having cancer or people who've died on LinkedIn. While it's horrible for those people, LinkedIn is not the place for it IMO. LinkedIn is depressing enough as it is and if it weren't for my job I'd avoid it like the plague, but whenever I log in now I see at least 3 terminal cancer posts and 1 post about a person who's died.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The amount of freebies that already wealthy celebs get. They can afford to buy this tit, I hope they pass it on to families that really need it once they have banged on about how amazing it is.

Reactions: 17
People constantly on the beg. Today I’ve seen someone asking if anyone can PayPal them some money as they have none, and someone asking for donations towards a vet bill.
We’re all struggling!

Reactions: 20
Oh I had someone on my fb begging for a free kids matress after she bought herself and bragged about her brand new double bed! 🤢
Poor kids.

Reactions: 9
Claiming that something is "grooming" or "gaslighting" or "stalking" or any other very serious subject matter when it clearly isn't. The most recent example I saw was people complaining that a former reality show contestant was being "stalked" because someone had alleged he was now working as a security guard in their town (they didn't name the town or where he worked.) There was so much "omg it's not fair, let him live his life, this is stalking!!!" No, it's just gossip

Reactions: 10
Why is this doing the rounds again? I’m not even sure it’s true. View attachment 1785097
going to sound like a complete witch here but god I hate stuff like this! I always get the same on Facebook but you can replace autism with literally anything (depression, anxiety, etc) and it’s constantly doing the rounds.

like, do i think that autistic people should be treated with respect and kindness just like anyone else? obviously. am i going to share this post far and wide for all my facebook friends to see? no, im not. what would it even achieve? absolutely no one in their right mind disagrees with the idea that disabled people deserve acceptance

Reactions: 16
going to sound like a complete witch here but god I hate stuff like this! I always get the same on Facebook but you can replace autism with literally anything (depression, anxiety, etc) and it’s constantly doing the rounds.

like, do i think that autistic people should be treated with respect and kindness just like anyone else? obviously. am i going to share this post far and wide for all my facebook friends to see? no, im not. what would it even achieve? absolutely no one in their right mind disagrees with the idea that disabled people deserve acceptance
Oh I completely agree it’s the same with the ones that say ‘share if you’re against cancer’ like what? As if anyone is going to think cancer is good.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I cannot deal with any more performative parenting. Anyone posting elf on the shelf, Christmas breakfasts, over the top advent calendars etc is getting bleeping muted

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Oh I completely agree it’s the same with the ones that say ‘share if you’re against cancer’ like what? As if anyone is going to think cancer is good.
"98 % of people won't share this, I think I know which of my friends will"

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I cannot deal with any more performative parenting. Anyone posting elf on the shelf, Christmas breakfasts, over the top advent calendars etc is getting bleeping muted

Some parents are running themselves ragged and spending waaaay over the odds to have perfect insta stories nowadays.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.