Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way it feels like absolutely everyone has ADHD, autism, etc. If they don't have it then their kids do.

I think highlighting and talking about neurodivert issues is great but how do so many people have some sort of diagnosis now? I'm making this post with people with a profile who can make money from it in mind, rather than the average Joe/Jane.
I honestly can believe more people have ADHD now because tech and social media have reduced peoples’s attention span from a young age. I don’t know if ADHD is genetic, but in any case, in this day and age, it doesn’t surprise me.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
There’s also YouTube videos with “signs you have ADHD” so there’ll be a lot of self-diagnosis going on

Reactions: 11
I honestly can believe more people have ADHD now because tech and social media have reduced peoples’s attention span from a young age. I don’t know if ADHD is genetic, but in any case, in this day and age, it doesn’t surprise me.
I think this does play a part in it.

Kids are addicted to tablets etc now and then scream and play up when they aren’t allowed to have them.

I know someone who bought their FOUR year old a PlayStation for Christmas but claims they have autism. Maybe he does. I dunno. But being subjected to technology at such a young age can’t help. He’s never taken to the park. His parents sit on Facebook all the time :(

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
I think this does play a part in it.

Kids are addicted to tablets etc now and then scream and play up when they aren’t allowed to have them.

I know someone who bought their FOUR year old a PlayStation for Christmas but claims they have autism. Maybe he does. I dunno. But being subjected to technology at such a young age can’t help. He’s never taken to the park. His parents sit on Facebook all the time :(
I think though things that are just children being slightly hyperactive are now being diagnosed as ADHD and given medication even when it is not really necessary, this has been happening in the US for decades and I guess it is now happening here too

Reactions: 14
I’m 36 and I’ve been diagnosed with ADHD this year. It wasn’t picked up for me growing up because I have inattentive adhd rather than hyperactive etc.

I’m forgetful, clumsy, get bored easily and got labelled smart but ‘lazy’ my whole life… everything overwhelmed me, especially things like playing with my kids and work. I’d been on anti depressants and anti anxiety medication all my life.

basically what im waffling on about is that I saw online content that made me think… hang on.

Went to the doctor, got a diagnosis, went on medication… changed my bloody life!

I’ve told hardly anyone (doesn’t matter if I say it here because it’s secret squirrel 😌) because of this stigma around it, but for me it was the awareness and information that’s now available which made me get a diagnosis… but it’s not something I am going to shout from the rooftops to anyone!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m 36 and I’ve been diagnosed with ADHD this year. It wasn’t picked up for me growing up because I have inattentive adhd rather than hyperactive etc.

I’m forgetful, clumsy, get bored easily and got labelled smart but ‘lazy’ my whole life… everything overwhelmed me, especially things like playing with my kids and work. I’d been on anti depressants and anti anxiety medication all my life.

basically what im waffling on about is that I saw online content that made me think… hang on.

Went to the doctor, got a diagnosis, went on medication… changed my bloody life!

I’ve told hardly anyone (doesn’t matter if I say it here because it’s secret squirrel 😌) because of this stigma around it, but for me it was the awareness and information that’s now available which made me get a diagnosis… but it’s not something I am going to shout from the rooftops to anyone!
See I cant read long passages of writing. I can physically read the words but don't take them in. ( I skim read your comment ). I ALWAYS forget where I've put things, even as a kid I could never watch films cause my attention span wouldn't let me, zone out when people are talking to me, I'm always up on my feet doing something, interrupt the conversation when I don't mean to. The list goes on. I am thinking about going docs but I'm in my 30s and I've managed life so far??

• Heart
Reactions: 4
See I cant read long passages of writing. I can physically read the words but don't take them in. ( I skim read your comment ). I ALWAYS forget where I've put things, even as a kid I could never watch films cause my attention span wouldn't let me, zone out when people are talking to me, I'm always up on my feet doing something, interrupt the conversation when I don't mean to. The list goes on. I am thinking about going docs but I'm in my 30s and I've managed life so far??
I think if you think a diagnosis would help you then of course go, would it make a big change to your life oe would it just be the "explanation" of your behaviour as it were that would make you feel better?

Reactions: 6
I think if you think a diagnosis would help you then of course go, would it make a big change to your life oe would it just be the "explanation" of your behaviour as it were that would make you feel better?
Tbh a diagnosis would be more a light bulb moment where alot of things would make sense. My partner doesn't see the point as I've muddled through life well enough lol. Half the conversations I have I just have to wing cause I completely zone out. Forget following or reading a set of instructions or a map lol.

Reactions: 5
This exactly.

I’d got to a very low point and my self esteem was through the floor. I wasn’t functioning well as a person at all.. but at the end of the day the decision is up to you :)

ANYWAY! :) I see so many people posting ‘oh that’s so ADHD/Autistic of me!’ it’s the new OCD.

And it makes me rageeeeee.

Tbh a diagnosis would be more a light bulb moment where alot of things would make sense. My partner doesn't see the point as I've muddled through life well enough lol. Half the conversations I have I just have to wing cause I completely zone out. Forget following or reading a set of instructions or a map lol.
Go and speak to someone, what’s the worst that can happen :) you can always decide not to go ahead with something at any point along the line… sod what your partner thinks :p

• Heart
Reactions: 6
A lot of women have, both for ADHD and Autism as they manage to mask it better than men, as you have said. I think ultimately if it makes you feel better do it.
My problem is with teenagers having standard "teenage" problems i.e. feeling different etc (don't we all at that age) self diagnosing based on tiktok etc

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Is anybody else constantly have notification updates on Facebook from friends about stuff they have posted??
It’s driving me mad!!
I have to click on the three little dots and turn notifications off for said persons updates!!
I never had problem before but the last week it’s been relentless

Reactions: 13
Yes!!! Is it a new feature or something? It’s driving me mad too!!

Is anybody else constantly have notification updates on Facebook from friends about stuff they have posted??
It’s driving me mad!!
I have to click on the three little dots and turn notifications off for said persons updates!!
Not friends but I’m constantly getting notifications about people posting in groups I’m in so annoying.

Reactions: 8
It’s driving me mad!!
Yes! I turned off notifications a while ago now. It was so irritating!

This exactly.

I’d got to a very low point and my self esteem was through the floor. I wasn’t functioning well as a person at all.. but at the end of the day the decision is up to you :)

ANYWAY! :) I see so many people posting ‘oh that’s so ADHD/Autistic of me!’ it’s the new OCD.

And it makes me rageeeeee.

Go and speak to someone, what’s the worst that can happen :) you can always decide not to go ahead with something at any point along the line… sod what your partner thinks :p
I am so glad it’s changed your life :)

Reactions: 2
Oh god all the break from social media for my MH huns are back with the quote posts - it’s only the first real weekend in Jan 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Oh god all the break from social media for my MH huns are back with the quote posts - it’s only the first real weekend in Jan 😩
You’re so right 😂 Someone I follow on Instagram who normally posts multiple times a day announced her social media break on New Year’s Day and posted again today. Only lasted a week 😂 Couldn’t go without the attention for too long.

• Heart
  • Haha
This is not social media as such, but my friend is now texting me saying that the COVID vaccine is terrible and roll out should be stopped.
I thought we had moved past the conspiracy theories.
Apparently it's all about the adverse reactions and such 🙄
She is saying she doesn't trust the government figures 🙄
Someone please talk me down so I don't scream at her...

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
This is not social media as such, but my friend is now texting me saying that the COVID vaccine is terrible and roll out should be stopped.
I thought we had moved past the conspiracy theories.
Apparently it's all about the adverse reactions and such 🙄
She is saying she doesn't trust the government figures 🙄
Someone please talk me down so I don't scream at her...
She's a couple of years late isn't she :LOL: tell her the world has moved on.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.