Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Urgh snack a jacks and fibre one bars…I’d rather eat actual food and chocolate thanks. So has anyone actually lost weight and kept it off drinking meal replacement drinks?
nope and that's the point. It's not supposed to be sustainable. It's supposed to make you lose weight quickly, unable to keep it off, buy their products again when you put the weight back on cause it worked the first time. Rinse and repeat.

ETA: See weight watchers and slimming world as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Healthy food shop? Where's the fruit and vegetables? Salad? 1, 4 pack of apples doesn't make it a healthy food shop amongst the low calorie snacks. MLM hun trying to sell some powder weight loss crap.
She does it every year. By February she will have forgotten about losing weight and will be back to body shop, then candles. Its only ever MLM huns that comment tooView attachment 1856497

Of course the kid is called Kaiden.
He's 7 months old and eating an oreo lunchable. Give him a proper lunch, some fruit maybe.View attachment 1856521

I bet she's dropped it by next week!
4 stone by July?! Good lord 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Healthy food shop? Where's the fruit and vegetables? Salad? 1, 4 pack of apples doesn't make it a healthy food shop amongst the low calorie snacks. MLM hun trying to sell some powder weight loss crap.
She does it every year. By February she will have forgotten about losing weight and will be back to body shop, then candles. Its only ever MLM huns that comment tooView attachment 1856497

Of course the kid is called Kaiden.
He's 7 months old and eating an oreo lunchable. Give him a proper lunch, some fruit maybe.View attachment 1856521

I bet she's dropped it by next week!
Chemical laced crap.

Reactions: 2
People using “literally” excessively in debates. This is so niche lol but it’s almost always a sign of someone who nearly exclusively reads about issues on Twitter and Reddit. It’s not that deep but I see it everywhere so it pisses me off

Reactions: 11
Whilst on the diet thing what about people that start a diet Instagram page but suspicious go quiet and are never heard from again 😅. They can get in the bin as well!

I’ve seen someone “start over” twice in the last 6 months and that’s on her Facebook alone 🤣🤣🤣 nevemind real life. I’m know they’re looking for accountability but it’s obv not working lol

Reactions: 2
Have posted about this person before about how much they over share of there child (3rd child at that)
I’m going to have to take them off I think now
It’s getting too much seeing daily pics of the most mundane things the child does every dam time I go onto Facebook there is another six or so photos of the child literally three hours after they uploaded other photos of the kid!!
It’s too much I don’t think it’s funny anymore
Take as many photos as you want
Take thousands for all I care but keep them in your camera roll for you and the family to enjoy
I really don’t need to see your child bending over to pick something up off the floor with a caption that reads ‘such a clever boy !’’
I have a cousin who does this… she posts 10 consecutive photos of her kid sitting at the table eating dinner, then an hours later 10 more of her kid asleep on the sofa. Every day! I’ve had to mute her…

Then we get story time about how naughty they are and speak to her like tit ….desperate for the ‘oh hun, you are a great mum’ comments 🙄🙄

I always wonder how her kids will feel in future when they are older looking at her Facebook feed seeing how she speaks about them with such vitriol one second and then talks about how ‘cute’ they are with pictures of them sleeping dribbling on the sofa cushions.

Reactions: 13
I’m sure it’s been mentioned a million times but the term “making memories” makes my toes curl. Wearing matching pyjamas, making memories! Going out for the day, making memories! Putting out the bins, making memories!

What happened to just doing something because it seemed like a fun idea? What happens if the kids don’t remember the activity (well the thousands of photos make sure they won’t forget)?!
I had a rant about this the other day 😁
It’s nauseating !

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I have a cousin who does this… she posts 10 consecutive photos of her kid sitting at the table eating dinner, then an hours later 10 more of her kid asleep on the sofa. Every day! I’ve had to mute her…

Then we get story time about how naughty they are and speak to her like tit ….desperate for the ‘oh hun, you are a great mum’ comments 🙄🙄

I always wonder how her kids will feel in future when they are older looking at her Facebook feed seeing how she speaks about them with such vitriol one second and then talks about how ‘cute’ they are with pictures of them sleeping dribbling on the sofa cushions.
Honestly it’s just relentless
And to be honest I’m getting sick of seeing the kids face 😬
No one needs to see that many photos on the daily of other peoples kids

Reactions: 8
People posting screenshots from their fitness apps of how far they ran and how many calories they burned that day. I literally do not care one iota.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

This! I get the sentiment, and people should have the free will to strike if they wish, and I support that. However, we are not in a dictatorship. We're not in Russia. We're not in China. It won't become illegal to shout about the government. You should be relieved that you are able to say these things.
Do shut up.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Don't see if this is just my social media feed but I am sick/jealous of seeing people on constant holidays abroad. I'm talking families of 4/5 etc away for a week in Tenerife over xmas/new year or early January this is on top of their summer holiday abroad plus multiple other trips such as Centre parks etc.

I'm naturally just envious but seriously how do these people manage it year after year?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Don't see if this is just my social media feed but I am sick/jealous of seeing people on constant holidays abroad. I'm talking families of 4/5 etc away for a week in Tenerife over xmas/new year or early January this is on top of their summer holiday abroad plus multiple other trips such as Centre parks etc.

I'm naturally just envious but seriously how do these people manage it year after year?
Maybe they have no stair carpet or the kids sleep in hammocks ? I used to be on a Florida FB page where they were trying to outdo each other in what they gave up so they could “do Disney”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Maybe they have no stair carpet or the kids sleep in hammocks ? I used to be on a Florida FB page where they were trying to outdo each other in what they gave up so they could “do Disney”
Really? We've never fancied Disney tbh.

We do have an abroad holiday booked as a family that if I'm being honest we can't comfortably afford even though we both work FT in professional jobs. Kills me buy ach well.

We do have an abroad holiday booked as a family that if I'm being honest we can't comfortably afford even though we both work FT in professional jobs. Kills me buy ach well.
I shoukd say we would never get into debt for a holiday so maybe that's why.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
People who reply to 7, 8, 9 year old comments on youtube so you get a notification with nonsensical reply to a video you've completely forgotten that you watched or commented on. No one gives a duck Paul, it was years ago, move on.

Memo to self, never comment, ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Tbh I feel this way but about people my age. Nice car, just bought a house they plan to renovate, go out every weekend and have multiple holidays a year… yes I’m jealous 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I shoukd say we would never get into debt for a holiday so maybe that's why.
I’ve been to Florida a few times but never Disney. It just doesn’t appeal to me
One woman was boasting about heating up hotdogs in the room microwave for their evening meal, as it was the only way they could afford to go twice a year. I’d rather go once and be able to have meals out.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.