Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure it’s been mentioned a million times but the term “making memories” makes my toes curl. Wearing matching pyjamas, making memories! Going out for the day, making memories! Putting out the bins, making memories!

What happened to just doing something because it seemed like a fun idea? What happens if the kids don’t remember the activity (well the thousands of photos make sure they won’t forget)?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Smug holiday pictures that just look boring :) like a generic beach or balcony tagged with Spain and a sun emoji but you can see grey clouds and high rises in the background
or the classic, feet facing the pool/sea on the sun lounger with 'I've had worse mondays'

so original James. So original.

Reactions: 25
Usually MLMers or ‘life coaches’ posting comments that mean absolutely nothing!

‘Lean into the fear’
‘Live a life of abundance not doubt’
‘If you want to be successful, live outside of your doubts’
‘Speed is great, form is better, work with intention’

I just want to reply ‘what the duck are you saying??’

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Grandma obsessed with granddaughter, 200 photos everytime little princess goes to stay, all of duck feeding and colouring in, every caption referring to her as your world, and you live for her, that’s lovely, it really is but we don’t need to hear it every weekend! It’s like Groundhog Day!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
"Monday blues" with a picture of the sea
then when they get home for the next 2 weeks you get holiday pictures with 'wish I was back here'

Another one is when someone gets married and then posts the wedding pictures for a month later with captions like 'most perfect day' 'best day of our lives'

Bonus points when you know the relationship is a tit show and the wedding day had 5 arguments, a couple of tantrums (not just the kids), a fight, someone so drunk they threw up over themselves who then fell asleep in the corner, and cousins sniffing coke in the toilet

• Haha
Reactions: 13
then when they get home for the next 2 weeks you get holiday pictures with 'wish I was back here'

Another one is when someone gets married and then posts the wedding pictures for a month later with captions like 'most perfect day' 'best day of our lives'

Bonus points when you know the relationship is a tit show and the wedding day had 5 arguments, a couple of tantrums (not just the kids), a fight, someone so drunk they threw up over themselves who then fell asleep in the corner, and cousins sniffing coke in the toilet
I want to go to the weddings you go to! 😂

• Haha
I didn’t realise you’d been to one of my family’s weddings!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m sure it’s been mentioned a million times but the term “making memories” makes my toes curl. Wearing matching pyjamas, making memories! Going out for the day, making memories! Putting out the bins, making memories!

What happened to just doing something because it seemed like a fun idea? What happens if the kids don’t remember the activity (well the thousands of photos make sure they won’t forget)?!
Bonus point for making “core memories” like they’re living in a bloody Pixar film 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️🙄

• Haha
People that are on day 5 of their diet/no spend/dry January/fitness resolution. Shut up. Tell me when you’ve done it for the whole month and I might like your post.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Healthy food shop? Where's the fruit and vegetables? Salad? 1, 4 pack of apples doesn't make it a healthy food shop amongst the low calorie snacks. MLM hun trying to sell some powder weight loss crap.
She does it every year. By February she will have forgotten about losing weight and will be back to body shop, then candles. Its only ever MLM huns that comment too
Screenshot_20230105_145849_Facebook.jpg

Of course the kid is called Kaiden.
He's 7 months old and eating an oreo lunchable. Give him a proper lunch, some fruit maybe.
Screenshot_20230105_150538_Facebook.jpg

I bet she's dropped it by next week!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Urgh snack a jacks and fibre one bars…I’d rather eat actual food and chocolate thanks. So has anyone actually lost weight and kept it off drinking meal replacement drinks?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Urgh snack a jacks and fibre one bars…I’d rather eat actual food and chocolate thanks. So has anyone actually lost weight and kept it off drinking meal replacement drinks?
Doubt it cause drinking calories is the dumbest, least satiating, most depressing way of trying to lose weight

• Heart
Reactions: 14
They probably have but they’ll have put the weight straight back on because it’s just not sustainable. Long term permanent weight loss requires lifestyle changes, not some daft fad diet. But then companies like WW and SW rely on this so people keep coming back!

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.