Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Don’t forget to be kind and leave a dish of water out for hedgehogs”

Eff off, Lisa! I’ve got enough on my plate trying to wrestle a sweaty angry toddler all day and not dying of heatstroke myself. Mrs Tiggywinkle and her mates will be fine - they’re animals bent on survival.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Eff off, Lisa! I’ve got enough on my plate trying to wrestle a sweaty angry toddler all day and not dying of heatstroke myself. Mrs Tiggywinkle and her mates will be fine - they’re animals bent on survival.
really? You don't have 2 seconds to think about something other than yourself and your kid - both of whom are capable of going to a sink and getting a glass of water for themselves.. would you feel the same way about places that leave water out for dogs etc? Aside from the fact it shows care and consideration for other living beings,it takes like zero effort.

Reactions: 13
WHEN 👏 SOMEONE 👏TYPES👏LIKE👏THIS👏 ESPECIALLY 👏IF👏 THEY 👏ADD👏EDUCATE 👏 YOURSELF 👏AT👏 THE 👏 END

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Something I see more and more now,people going on and on about their "anxiety", anxiety is a serious mental health issue, not just feeling a bit stressed or overwhelmed. It is like comparing being a bit sad to being clinically despressed

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Nah everyone should consider wildlife tbh, it’s not that hard. I’ve got loads on too so I don’t particularly want to wake up to a dead dehydrated badger outside my window. So the water goes out.

Reactions: 9
Something I see more and more now,people going on and on about their "anxiety", anxiety is a serious mental health issue, not just feeling a bit stressed or overwhelmed. It is like comparing being a bit sad to being clinically despressed
Everyone has to have some ailment these days and it’s an easy one to assign yourself 🙄

Parents who seem to think that they are the ONLY ones who love their kids and who are proud of their kids. I mean, most seem to think they’re the only ones who have ever raised kids! I’m a mum and I love my kids and yes I sometimes stick photos of them on FB so old family members can see them. But not every day. Not sports day, the certificates they bring home, their reports, their favourite dinner, them on a swing, them in a paddling pool, them on the sofa, them in my bed, them on the path, them with an ice cream 🙄 When will these people realise that nobody really cares all that much about other people’s kids?!?
Omg and the faux deep/poetic novellas that come with them. Riddled with v basic grammatical errors that just make the whole thing v embarrassing to read. And no consideration on consent or for the child’s digital footprint. I read an appalling one the other day that basically had the mum listing out all the things her child can’t do and is going through some sort of diagnosis process for, but it’s okay just keep smiling hun? Wtaf?

The more I read about narcs on tattle the more I wonder if this is a narc parent thing?

Reactions: 8
And how we should support them instead of the bigger companies such as Amazon. I use Amazon mostly because their prices and selection of items tends to be better.
There is a woman near me who sells artisanal hand-made soaps at something like 8€ a bar with the same "support local business" type tit. Why on Earth would I spend 8€ on one bar of soap when for the same price I can get about 20 at the supermarket ? I'm not paying through the nose for you to live out your Instagram fantasy business rather than getting a proper job.

Reactions: 15
Nah everyone should consider wildlife tbh, it’s not that hard. I’ve got loads on too so I don’t particularly want to wake up to a dead dehydrated badger outside my window. So the water goes out.
What did the hedgehogs do before humans encroached on their habitats? Presumably they managed.

What did the hedgehogs do before humans encroached on their habitats? Presumably they managed.
I’m not an expert but believe we’ve been SO disruptive and oftentimes fragmented their environments to such an extent they can no longer fend for themselves…? I’m happy to leave water out and will do after reading these comments (altho they’ve got free reign on a paddling pool, water table, and tuff tray as toddler doesn’t let me empty them of a night 😂) but I always wonder if ppl leaving food out for foxes are causing more of a problem than they solve? Like is it just easier for foxes to rip open bin bags than to hunt like back in the day? We’ll be evolutionary scientists by the end of this thread x

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m not an expert but believe we’ve been SO disruptive and oftentimes fragmented their environments to such an extent they can no longer fend for themselves…? I’m happy to leave water out and will do after reading these comments (altho they’ve got free reign on a paddling pool, water table, and tuff tray as toddler doesn’t let me empty them of a night 😂) but I always wonder if ppl leaving food out for foxes are causing more of a problem than they solve? Like is it just easier for foxes to rip open bin bags than to hunt like back in the day? We’ll be evolutionary scientists by the end of this thread x
I don't think foxes need food left out for them, at least near when I am in London they all look well fed and healthy, like domestic animals tbh
Also re the hedgehog thing, I would say that we have disrupted the climate so much to create unprecedented heat we kind of owe it to wlidlife to leave out water, that said I have seen a hedgehog once in my life about 30 years ago, I don't think there are any near here

Reactions: 1
I don't think foxes need food left out for them, at least near when I am in London they all look well fed and healthy, like domestic animals tbh
Also re the hedgehog thing, I would say that we have disrupted the climate so much to create unprecedented heat we kind of owe it to wlidlife to leave out water, that said I have seen a hedgehog once in my life about 30 years ago, I don't think there are any near here
I’m in east and they look alright, not gorge but not as terrifying as some of the ones I’ve seen more centrally looked. We’re opposite a big bit of greenery which I assume is their habitat and there’s plenty of smaller wildlife for them to eat (assuming this is how it works?) so I can’t help but wonder if they have just gone for the path of least resistance by raiding bins? Who can blame them.

Re temperatures - very very true. Look how hard it is for us as humans to adapt to the new normal, they’ve got no chance without our help!

Reactions: 1
A former colleague constantly posts inspirational quotes but she makes them up herself and puts them in quote marks! She is basically quoting herself 🤣

Also photos with their mouth wide open laughing or with there tongue sticking out. It's so fake and trying too hard to show how fun they are. One friend has it on every single photo. She is late 30s...you'd say something if she was a teenager.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
A former colleague constantly posts inspirational quotes but she makes them up herself and puts them in quote marks! She is basically quoting herself 🤣

Also photos with their mouth wide open laughing or with there tongue sticking out. It's so fake and trying too hard to show how fun they are. One friend has it on every single photo. She is late 30s...you'd say something if she was a teenager.
It is crazy how social media has this infantalising effect, grown adults posting tiktok dances as if they are teenagers is the same, so cringe

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Of course they did you muppet 🤣 we hadn’t shat up their habitats then and filled in all their ponds and built roads in the way of water sources 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
True crime culture online is particularly problematic but one thing that really annoys me is when Facebook mums share posts/news articles about a child being mistreated purely as a means to brag that they are a wonderful parent themselves.

Something like this:

BBC News - Mother jailed for child neglect

This is sickening! 🤬🤬🤬 as a mother myself, I would never treat my two beautiful, gorgeous, intelligent children like this at all ❤ I work 12 hour shifts for my beautiful babies and have gone without clothes, holidays and treats just to make him happy. I can’t believe that anybody would do anything less 👩‍👧‍👧

Followed by the comments:

yeh u r a wundaful mum 2 those kids lisa xxx

effin scum 😡😡😡 carnt believe sum1 wud treet they’re baby’s like dat cos I no I never wud xoxo

• Haha
Reactions: 30
True crime culture online is particularly problematic but one thing that really annoys me is when Facebook mums share posts/news articles about a child being mistreated purely as a means to brag that they are a wonderful parent themselves.

Something like this:

This is sickening! 🤬🤬🤬 as a mother myself, I would never treat my two beautiful, gorgeous, intelligent children like this at all ❤ I work 12 hour shifts for my beautiful babies and have gone without clothes, holidays and treats just to make him happy. I can’t believe that anybody would do anything less 👩‍👧‍👧

effin scum 😡😡😡 carnt believe sum1 wud treet they’re baby’s like dat cos I no I never wud xoxo
“baby’s” 👏🏽😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Something like this:

It's worse if the kids dead then it's posts like -

" fli, fli away my bab, he/she is wiv de angles now bles ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎👋👋👋👋👋👋💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥🧑‍🦲🧑‍🦲🧑‍🦲🧑‍🦲🧑‍🦲🧑‍🦲⛪⛪⛪⛪⛪"

Or some similar load of old fanny, etc

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.