Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Posts about Xmas, duck off it's August. Sick of it already 🤢
Especially during a cost of living crisis. Many people can't afford Christmas can't wait for the braggy posts whilst others starve or freeze. :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Especially during a cost of living crisis. Many people can't afford Christmas can't wait for the braggy posts whilst others starve or freeze. :rolleyes:
Awaiting the smug mum with her already wrapped present haul. Standing there with her tree up in August and a pile of gifts higher than the angel on top of it.

If she can do it, why can't every one she ponders....

(Daily Mail love these stories, they weirdly make me seethe!).

• Haha
Reactions: 17
On instagram when people repost those “mentors” talking about life advice, I skip those so fast!

Or when you think it’s just going to be a normal story, then they casually bring up a product and it turns into an ad! So annoying

Reactions: 11
Seeing loads of ‘your parents caused you all this trauma’ videos. Aye I’m sure some parents were crappy, my mother certainly was. But there’s thousands. And some of this unresolved trauma is simply the parents didn’t let the poster out late at weekends. Don’t blame your parents for the fact you get upset at a meme on Fb or a tweet from JK Rowling

Reactions: 11
Crossposting from the Jack Edwards thread but lots of people do this sort of thing.

This is so incredibly cringy.

So he set the camera up, walked back to the table, pretended to have a very causal and relaxed dining experience for about 20 seconds before going back, collecting the camera, stopping the video, editing out the awkward walking bits at the beginning and end and uploading this to his stories?

Absolutely unbearable.

5-DF16-A91-F970-4-BEE-ACAF-BC110917-BA31.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Oh purleeeease, make it stop!!! I don’t think your nephews/nieces think you’re as cool as you do.

B399D37B-C43C-4A3B-9780-4FDFCA035C68.jpeg

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Oh purleeeease, make it stop!!! I don’t think your nephews/nieces think you’re as cool as you do.

View attachment 1520985
I can confidently state that my children's aunt and uncles add pretty much zero to their lives 🤣 If you have that kind of relationship with your siblings then great but the aunt in our scenario is pretty much goof for an Amazon gift card on their birthday and not much else. The uncles don't even bother with that, they probably don't even know when their birthday's are!

Reactions: 9
Who do these people think they are? Royalty? Good luck sat in your house with a screaming baby and no one to help. No one cares 🙄
people calling their baby 'bub' deserves a post on it's own :sick::sick:

Reactions: 3
People at the end of the trip posting “Tenerife (or other classic holiday destination) you have been epic” followed by the upload of 100 pics with the caption “take me back”

• Haha
Reactions: 12
People over sharing about their children.
A woman on my Instagram, she has a private account though, but she posts "oh my little man finds change so hard. It's scary that September is coming so soon for him. I was so overwhelmed at his last nursery sports day"

Ok we don't really need to know thanks. And when he gets older I'm not sure he's going to appreciate her sharing how he struggles with certain things...

• Heart
Reactions: 10
People over sharing about their children.
A woman on my Instagram, she has a private account though, but she posts "oh my little man finds change so hard. It's scary that September is coming so soon for him. I was so overwhelmed at his last nursery sports day"

Ok we don't really need to know thanks. And when he gets older I'm not sure he's going to appreciate her sharing how he struggles with certain things...
I have one of these going into detail about how her young daughter will never find reading/writing/counting easy and how far behind her peers she is. It feels insane to share this level of detail with people, but also to make such a huge assumption about your child’s entire lifetime? I appreciate there are some conditions where this is a known but I always thought these were known from birth rather than diagnosed in the first years of primary…?

Reactions: 4
POV posts. Don't understand it, what's the point of that caption. Most of the time makes no sense

Reactions: 16
‘Happy 3rd birthday to my sassy, independent, bossy little girl, you know what you want and are so determined and confident’

How about

‘Happy 3rd birthday to my rude, unreasonable mini dictator of a girl. You know what you want and don’t mind using violence to get it, and quite frankly it tears this family apart every day’

Which let’s face it is often a more accurate character description.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Attention seekers that do a post of two words that read "Don't Ask". You always get someone who replies with "Awww whats up hun"

My other pet hate is people who have been accepted into a group, who do a post (usually with a cartoon image of themselves holding a birthday cake) saying "Thanks for the Ad" (that is usually how add is spelled) 🤣
My brother in law does this, the attention seeking idiot, last time he did it I just commented, 'not that interested'. With him it's always about him out drinking with his mates or a holiday which consists of him and his mates getting drunk or some drama with the recent woman he's calling his girlfriend. The man's 53 yrs old, behaves like he's 18 with all the drama

Influencers who talk about 'solo parenting', not because they're single parents, but have partners who work away or choose to be away from home as much as possible. Ellie Polly is prime example, yet her parents seem to look after her kids more than her. She gave up her job to spend time at home with her kids, she was a primary school teacher, but moans constantly about the kids

• Haha
Reactions: 6
'Making memories' - that phrase grates on my nerves.
During lockdowns, same person was 'feeling blessed' with her perfect family, all so content together.

I was on my own, throughout, and would have really appreciated being invited to 'bubble' with them, occasionally, when that was possible (I'm not suggesting moving in or anything 😁) but nope.
Just got to see her smug updates instead.

I would have spent Christmas alone only for someone else invited me to bubble with her family, thankfully.
The other one lives nearby but not a chance.

I know nobody HAD to do it and I would have survived Christmas alone, but I will never think the same of her again.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.