Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People in matching Christmas PJs in front of the tree 🎄🙈😂
This. Also people putting videos on of the obsene amount of gifts they have bought their kids.. I don't begrudge people spending money but no one likes a show off!

Merry Christmas!

Reactions: 21
People announcing a Merry Christmas to everyone on facebook like they're the Queen or something

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Yeah, "what I got for christmas", who cares. Probably bought half of it yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Saw a "boy done good" again this year... I was fed up of that one about 10 years ago, who still boasts about stuff like that nowadays?!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
“Boy done good” duck offffff😂😂😂😂😂

Saw a "boy done good" again this year... I was fed up of that one about 10 years ago, who still boasts about stuff like that nowadays?!
Well that was freaky, we posted this at the exact same time 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
People announcing a Merry Christmas to everyone on facebook like they're the Queen or something
I wouldn’t mind but it’s not just today “Merry Christmas Eve Eve” “Merry Christmas Eve” “Merry Christmas” it’s been endless this week.

Reactions: 6
Pictures of your Christmas Dinner being posted to the grid... Food pics on your account in general.... I might pop on a pic of my Christmas Dinner on my stories but it doesn't need a place on the grid. I'm sick of seeing everyone's version of the same thing...!

Reactions: 9
I saw a woman post a pic of the bottom of her tree, which had 5 x Dior shopping bags, 2 x Chanel, 1 Gucci & 1 D&G. The level of label worship & showing off about it is actually vomit inducing. They were probably mostly perfume boxes but it's really insipid.

Reactions: 12
People who comment on photos or posts with a snarky dig. E.g
'Those were the days before people became selfish'. Or 'nice to see someone making a home cooked meal, don't see much of that these days'. 'Glad to see everyone was wearing a mask apart from 1 selfish person/ glad to see nobody was wearing a mask except 1 sheep'.

I do have more examples if needed.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Not to sound insensitive but... those who complain on IG about spending Christmas in isolation when they would otherwise spend Christmas with their relatives. I fully understand it is hard to spend Christmas alone, but some people spend Christmas alone every single year regardless of COVID. Those who post on IG generally have no symptoms or very bearable ones yet make a big deal out of spending Christmas alone. At least, they're lucky to have family and friends to see once they're out of isolation. Some people are alone all year around and don't complain on IG.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
So I have a few now, sorry if they've been mentioned before or I've mentioned them previously:

-when one person in a relationship is spending Christmas away from their partner and post on their profile this caption "Oh I'll be missing this one over Christmas" and accompanied by a photo? Do people just not speak to each other anymore
-people posting presents under trees - just bragging in my opinion. I think it's one thing to document memories, but to post them on Facebook just cheapens it a bit
-people documenting their anniversary. But when I say anniversary - I'm talking every single month. So their 27, 28, 29 month anniversary.
-people posting the same post in group pages asking for clothes in a certain size but reposting it every few hours for a few days. There was someone doing this on our local FB group in October and I think she got removed from the groups, but would either make a new profile or be let back in. They stopped for a while but now their partner and her have both started writing the same posts 5 times a day.

Reactions: 4
Either people or memes saying "the bit between Christmas and New year where you don't know what day it is" it's just repeated over and over every year

• Haha
Reactions: 27
“The boy done good” 🤮

“Look at all the amazing presents we bought, look at the pile of stuff I have, look at my outfit, look at meeeeeeeee”😡

“How amazing is my child who only wanted three presents that cost a tenner because they know christmas isn’t about the material things. They just wanted to donate presents to a homeless man so here’s a photo of them standing by a person who has enough crap to deal with on a daily basis without being made to hold a Lynx set for an Insta photo”. 😣 IF that was the kid’s idea then lovely, doesn’t need to be on social media. And honestly Pinnochio, we don’t believe it anyway.

“Blowing the cobwebs away” 🙄 Either sit on the sofa and eat chocolate without caring, or go out for a walk cos you fancy it. Don’t use stupid expressions to show off about it.

“My favourite dinner of the year”. 🤦🏼‍♀️Boxing Day dinner is shite anyway, it wouldn’t exist without Christmas dinner the day before, and if you like it that much then just make it any other day of the bloody year. There are no laws against it Sandra.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
People who post bizarre things on FB groups. Like this, just seen on my town’s (30k members) page.

Thank you so very much to Dr X of YZ Medical Centre who dealt with my mother in law’s water infection speedily and prescribed antibiotics today. You are a star, as are all your team

FFS 🤣
I’m sure I’ve seen that. Are you in the West Midlands?

Probably been said, but I'm fed up of seeing people's kids online.

I know the name, age and interests of so many random kids purely because one of my friends might comment on their friends' boyfriend's nephew's picture. What ever happened to privacy?!

I don't have kids, but wouldn't dream of posting them online, nevermind embarassing tit that they'll hate their parents for in 15 years time!

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.