Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RJF

VIP Member
I know that everybody grieves in different ways but this post goes out to all the people who grieve on social media in exactly the same way as everybody else.

“sleep tight my angel”
“gained his/her wings”
“Xxxxx”
etc

I would be so offended if I died and people were on Facebook and Instagram posting such shallow platitudes.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

springstudy

Gonna sound mean, but people who describe their kids constantly as beautiful, and say things like "How stunning is she???? I did well" etc etc. Like.. half the time I do not think these kids are "cute" or anything, they're usually fairly unattractive little shits, but the thing IS... it's almost like these parents are only ever pointing out their kids looks and nothing else. Especially the ones who purposely dress their kids up in "grown up" outfits, ask them to stand at a wall and pose, take a picture of them, upload it to their own social media, then write a caption saying "Stop growing up!!! Too gorgeous!!!" Then... let your kid go out and enjoy themselves without plastering their faces all over your social media feed to try and get compliments to fuel your own sad ego, because you probably know you wouldn't get the same comments anymore, these idiots annoy me.

• Heart

Jane Porcupine

VIP Member
Those stupid questions that people are answering on Instagram stories. "What was the weight of your baby at birth?"

Seriously, who gives a shit. 🙄

• Haha

Spacemonkey1972

VIP Member
I’m sorry if I upset anyone. But I’m sick already (it’s only the 11th November. Armistice Day but there you go) of bloody Christmas Trees. Here’s my £30 ikea tree. Here’s my £80 pink monstrosity. Oh here’s my massive £1000 thing. When I was younger, gets small violin, putting up the Christmas tree was exciting. Couple weeks before Christmas. Would take all day, from getting the deccies down from attic, to putting it all up. Few drinks. I was even allowed a snowball. How aren’t folk pissed off with it by December 1st? Takes all the excitement away and just seems like a pissing contest now

• Heart

Melian

VIP Member
"Instead of sending Christmas cards this year, I'm donating to charity". Can you not do it quietly?

• Haha

Loveitme

VIP Member
You know sometimes I wonder ,what are we even doing posting stuff on SM.I’m not talking about the things mentioned in this thread but rather anything at all .Is the whole thing not just cringeworthy and weird ? Should we go back to a time before SM ? Lately I can’t decide but I’m posting less and less these days

• Heart

Loveitme

VIP Member
Don’t see it so much now but there was a time when people (Nobheads) used to put *homeowner* in their insta bio 🤣🤣fuck knows why but please tell me someone remembers people who used to do this .I mean I owned a push bike and 3 guinea pigs at the time but you didn’t see me putting it in my bio

• Haha

BonBon27

VIP Member
People posting in massive groups things like “Settle a debate - does chocolate go in the fridge or the cupboard?”
Seriously?? If that’s your biggest concern then you need a life mate. Do whatever the bloody hell you want to do with your chocolate and stop attention seeking. Worse still is the 2000+ people who comment. As if the person is gonna go “oooh thanks random stranger I’ve never met, because you told me you keep yours in the fridge I will now change my entire perspective” Why can’t people just make a decision about their every day boring mundane life and get on with it?? Social media has a lot to answer for, some people can’t take a piss without expecting some attention for it now 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart

N-NewGirl

People that post in local town groups “if the man in the blue hoody driving the Range Rover who just dangerously overtook me is reading this!! Blah blah blah”
I’ve got some news for you… he’s definitely not reading this

• Haha

BonBon27

VIP Member
People who can’t spell or type properly and feel the need to end every sentence with ‘lol’ EG;

Person puts photo of some amazing holiday place. Someone comments “Iz that wear u r lol”
Reply “I wish lol”
Someone replies “Defiantly wud want to be their lol”
Another reply “Looks like ur garden mate lol”
And so it goes on……🙄🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Since when was Halloween like christmas? I thought Halloween was about dressing up but scrolling through my Instagram today and people have got their kids presents! Wtf

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

brinnle

1. “ happy birthday uncle Frank , 61 today” Frank is NOT on Facebook.

2. “ happy birthday nan in heaven, you would’ve been 142 today” 🤦🏼‍♀️ I mean COME ON!! I get it the first few years but your lovely gran wasn’t making 142

3. “ Anyone know what time Tesco opens “ GOOGLE IT !!

That’s my first 3 🤣

• Haha

emerald

VIP Member
Still

Still bloody sad tho 😪

Might be an unpopular opinion but your account, you can post what you like. Be that a hundred pictures of your face, your cat or your children
If someone wants to upload pics of their kids I don't see the problem, and if you do, unfollow them. Live and let live 😘
OK. You do realise you're on a thread called "things you are sick of seeing on social media?"

• Haha

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I really don’t like the whole take your kids to the cemetery and have them pose by a relatives headstone for a Facebook photoshoot.

• Wow
  • Heart

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member
Someone i know who is thinking of leaving her husband as he has a gambling addiction and is currently sleeping on the sofa put a photo up yesterday of them looking like loves young dream 🙃

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23

xyzcba

VIP Member
This is tattle specific (sort of counts as SM ??!); but people commenting on a fast moving thread just to say 'OMG guysssss I've just been and had dinner and you're on a new thread already, I can't keep up!' ... Yep neither can anyone else when there's 50 needless comments like these 🙈

• Haha
  • Heart

Roseannanna

Galentines day is a cringe fest. When I was single it was a bottle of red wine with a steak and a movie.