Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unpopular opinion but I’m ready 😂 parents who post pictures of their kids and say things like ‘my world’ and ‘i love you so much’ or post happy birthday posts to their babies who clearly have no access to social media 🙈 isn’t it a given that parents love their children?! Tell them you love them to their faces! Also constant spam of babies as it’s insensitive to those who have lost children/struggling to conceive/miscarried not to mention you don’t know who is looking at these pictures

when non famous mums that I follow on Instagram do random ads for vitamins/shampoo/baby changing bags and call themselves a mummy blogger in their profiles. You’re just a regular mum like the rest of us babe! Proper puts me off posting just simple pictures now
This 🙌🏽

Any scenario that gets the response
DM me hun
PM me hun
In particular fully grown attention seeking adults tagging themselves in hospital or with a cannula in - bore me later

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
when non famous mums that I follow on Instagram do random ads for vitamins/shampoo/baby changing bags and call themselves a mummy blogger in their profiles. You’re just a regular mum like the rest of us babe! Proper puts me off posting just simple pictures now
A girl I went to school with labels herself a Food Blogger because she has an Instagram page of her trips to Costa and Starbucks etc with #supportlocal.

Apparently she went to our local steak restaurant and asked if they wanted to collab I think that translates as she wanted a freebie meal for a post and the owner turned around and said “ no thanks you spell steak as stake”

• Haha
Reactions: 38
There's a woman I follow who is forever sharing memes about Virgo's, it's like her whole personality is based upon the fact she's a typical Virgo / Virgo's are the best, and everyone must know about it. She in her 30s. TEDIOUS 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 28
There's a woman I follow who is forever sharing memes about Virgo's, it's like her whole personality is based upon the fact she's a typical Virgo / Virgo's are the best, and everyone must know about it. She in her 30s. TEDIOUS 😆
Same but Leo, I thought this was the only person. I really couldn't give a crap what Leo's are like and I don't think anyone else does either.

She's one of those who calls her husband 'mine' or 'me and mine' and tells everyone how lucky she is 🙄

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Maybe it’s just because I’ve found tattle and my eyes are opened haha but does anyone else find they’re just totally turned off by socia media these days? Like it’s not fun or even particularly informative anymore, it’s just THERE and a cesspit 🤢 but I’m too scared to fully delete my social medias as I feel like I’ll be out the loop if I do
When you really look at stuff like Instagram, tik tok, and Facebook it’s just shite being posted isn’t it
And boring shite at that and even more annoying is people get free stuff for their boring arsed content

My biggest hate is people obsessed with dogs I mean stupidly obsessed to the point that no matter how horrible and bitey and aggressive they are they make excuses for it 🤨 or if it’s a cute one they say “ I’d die for that dog” 🙄 ffs

And people doing mean things to small children either scaring them or giving them horrible things to eat just for a laugh 🤨 or just parents who are arseholes where their children are concerned

And people crying to camera 🙄 what’s that all about 🤷‍♀️ Who when they are crying thinks “ I know I’ll film it”
I get it that you maybe start to post something and become upset, in that case go and blow your nose, have a cup of tea and chill

It’s a very ranty day today 😂

Reactions: 16
Unpopular opinion but I’m ready 😂 parents who post pictures of their kids and say things like ‘my world’ and ‘i love you so much’ or post happy birthday posts to their babies who clearly have no access to social media 🙈 isn’t it a given that parents love their children?! Tell them you love them to their faces!
Even worse when they put things like this on social media for others to see, then in real life they're awful parents who never even hug their kids let alone tell them how proud they are 🤨

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m sick of seeing back to school photos - yes I was Miss Hannigan in a previous life.
Same! Maybe it's because I don't have kids myself but they're doing my head in! Every other picture on my feed is a pic of someones kid who's been forced to smile and act like they're excited to go back

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I adore Christmas but it's the word 'sleeps' that gives me the shudders! 😬🙈
It’s very presumptuous of them to assume we all manage to sleep every night; I have insomnia and might actually only have 50 sleeps until Christmas!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Unpopular opinion but I’m ready 😂 parents who post pictures of their kids and say things like ‘my world’ and ‘i love you so much’ or post happy birthday posts to their babies who clearly have no access to social media 🙈 isn’t it a given that parents love their children?! Tell them you love them to their faces! Also constant spam of babies as it’s insensitive to those who have lost children/struggling to conceive/miscarried not to mention you don’t know who is looking at these pictures

This 🙌🏽

Any scenario that gets the response
DM me hun
PM me hun
In particular fully grown attention seeking adults tagging themselves in hospital or with a cannula in - bore me later
Yesss they’re definitely the parents that don’t even pay attention to their kids. I follow a mum that complains on stories about her kids but when she posts a picture on her actual feed she goes on about how much she loves them 🥴 and if she’d get a message from someone telling her to be nice to her kids she’d go all defensive but why share you complaining all the time if you know surely someone might message you?!

Reactions: 3
Also constant spam of babies as it’s insensitive to those who have lost children/struggling to conceive/miscarried not to mention you don’t know who is looking at these pictures
I'm someone that wanted children but can't have any however I'm not self absorbed enough to think people shouldn't post/talk about their babies/kids. The whole world can't revolve around other peoples sensitivities.
Those same people will see babies on the TV, in the supermarket and everyday life.
I heard similar about someone being upset about a pic posted of a new puppy because they had recently lost their dog of the same breed
Should we ban wedding day pics re people going through divorce or ban happy birthday messages to mum or dad/ mothers and fathers day wishes because someone has lost a parent.
On that basis of censorship no one would be posting anything.
In my view it's up to me to find the coping mechanisms rather than expect everyone else to tip toe around me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
When a celebrity or a relative of someone famous dies, and other celebrities post condolences on the bereaved's Twitter or Instagram page. I find it cringeworthy, that kind of thing should be private imo.

When people complain or have a go at celebrities/influencers for not making a post about a tragic event, movement, current news affairs, etc. Mind your own business!

Pretentious announcements usually involving the phrase "my/our truths".

Reactions: 10
Twisted narcissistic business owner’s that constantly post about themselves and their past, looking for sympathy over sales!! 🤯

Can’t stand these stupid phrases people use online that they would never use in everyday life.

‘bla bla bla,but go off,I guess’

‘weird flex,but ok’

I'm someone that wanted children but can't have any however I'm not self absorbed enough to think people shouldn't post/talk about their babies/kids. The whole world can't revolve around other peoples sensitivities.
Those same people will see babies on the TV, in the supermarket and everyday life.
I heard similar about someone being upset about a pic posted of a new puppy because they had recently lost their dog of the same breed
Should we ban wedding day pics re people going through divorce or ban happy birthday messages to mum or dad/ mothers and fathers day wishes because someone has lost a parent.
On that basis of censorship no one would be posting anything.
In my view it's up to me to find the coping mechanisms rather than expect everyone else to tip toe around me.
Sorry to hear that you are unable to have children,that must be so tough. I absolutely agree with your point though but didn’t want to seem insensitive (eye roll!) by saying it. Everyone has their sensitive spots and shouldn’t expect others to pussy foot around them. Tact is one thing but walking on egg shells is another. I have kids who I love which might be triggering for some if I posted pictures,but I also have two absent parents so can feel triggered by happy pictures of people with their mum or dad. I wouldn’t expect people not to post these pictures as the issue lies with me and not them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
The admin of local Facebook groups. The ones on mine always turn the comments off or delete posts just when a discussion starts to get spicy. You can’t discuss anything about what’s going on locally unless everyone has the same opinion, it’s like they’re scared of it kicking off so as soon as someone comes in with a different opinion they preemptively shut the conversation down. But it just makes for really boring discussions. Now it’s kicking off because people are getting tired of having their posts locked without explanation and all admin are doing is citing the group rules and saying tit like “if a post is removed, there will be a good reason for it”. Well tell us that reason then why does it have to be such a big secret? You run a local fb group with about 100 people in it, it’s not the secret service.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The admin of local Facebook groups. The ones on mine always turn the comments off or delete posts just when a discussion starts to get spicy. You can’t discuss anything about what’s going on locally unless everyone has the same opinion, it’s like they’re scared of it kicking off so as soon as someone comes in with a different opinion they preemptively shut the conversation down. But it just makes for really boring discussions. Now it’s kicking off because people are getting tired of having their posts locked without explanation and all admin are doing is citing the group rules and saying tit like “if a post is removed, there will be a good reason for it”. Well tell us that reason then why does it have to be such a big secret? You run a local fb group with about 100 people in it, it’s not the secret service.
I’ve found the smaller or insignificant the group the bigger the admin’s power trip is.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Oh I hate this or sometimes you get half way through reading some good arguments then the post is no longer available or I'll quickly see something on my dinner break so will go back to read it on a night when I have time and it's gone. Then you'll get a cryptic post after reminding everyone of the rules with the odd few comments " yeah don't blame you for deleting it hun that lady was well out of of order" 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I actually love this. I am a Virgo too! (but we’re bonkers, although very neat.) Does she post her daily horoscope? For 12% of her friends, that could be handy.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.