Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a woman I follow who is forever sharing memes about Virgo's, it's like her whole personality is based upon the fact she's a typical Virgo / Virgo's are the best, and everyone must know about it. She in her 30s. TEDIOUS 😆
Similar to someone I know who obviously took a personality type test and found out she is an empath, every other post is a quote about empaths :rolleyes:

Another one for me - a picture of food with the caption 'get in my belly'

Cringe

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
I see the taking selfies from a hospital bed has morphed into taking a photo of being put in the ambulance as well.
If you can manage to take a photo of the ambulance do you really need it? I think I need to come of SM I’m turning into my dad.
I have this image of the person lying in the ambulance doing a thumbs up selfie with the ambulance crew posting 'I'm gonna be ok guysssss, in good hands! xxx'

• Haha
Reactions: 9
All these new mothers that can’t possibly parent/cope without a heartfelt motivational post / picture about how they’ve got this
Is there anything more patronising then telling someone ‘you’ve got this’? I get super passive aggressive vibes over it now 😆

Reactions: 12
Similar to someone I know who obviously took a personality type test and found out she is an empath, every other post is a quote about empaths :rolleyes:
People who take that personality test where you're intp, or ptlp, or whatever the duck it is, and then basing all their life around the nonsense. Even including it on their Tinder profile. Naaaaaah mate!

• Haha
Since we’ve mentioned Christmas

I also hate anything that refers to Christmas as ‘the C word’. duck off you C word.

And no. I don’t need to see where your crappy moronic elf is hidden this morning. Piss off.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh yes that pissy little elf!! It's just another excuse for the parents to try & 'out-do' each other on SM.
Lame đŸ„±

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Folks giving away for free items from their house, that quite clearly they are too lazy to take to the dump.

The state of some of the bits :sick:
A school mum I know was giving away a pair of filthy, beaten up kids shoes for free. “Needs a polish!” she said.

Needless to say, no one wanted them.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Don’t know if anyone remembers I put on here in the last thread about a fb friend who had a wedding countdown, then a day countdown and then an after marriage count up. Well. ITS STILL GOING ON!! Except they’ve bought a puppy and that’s been added to the posts “4 weeks since we wed babez
and 2 weeks since this cutie joined our family”. Noooooo. I’m going to have to mute it. Drip feeding wedding pics too. 6 identical photos ffs.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Oh yes that pissy little elf!! It's just another excuse for the parents to try & 'out-do' each other on SM.
Lame đŸ„±
Don’t get me started on Valentines, Easter, Mother’s Day, Fathers Day, Halloween and every other Americanised excuse of a tit show where you’re pressured and guilt tripped into taking part and buying £300 of cheap tat you’ll never look at again and grinning manically for photos to prove you were a good little sheep and took part. I’m a mum and I’ve had to put my foot down firmly on this because it is INSANE and my children genuinely feel deeply deprived that they don’t get a hand sewn original Halloween costume or that I dont really give a tit about creating hand painted decorative eggs or Easter tree. WHY DO WE HAVE EASTER TREES? No no no no no no no no.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Totally agree with the post about social media fatigue. Everything pisses me off about it these days. But I’ve just thought of something else that makes my eye twitch. Women on insta or tik tok who had a baby 2 weeks ago. No experience beforehand. But are suddenly experts. Don’t do this. Don’t do that. Let it do this/that. This is why you mustn’t do this etc. Love, when you’ve had 3 girls under 5, get back to me? And then 6 grandkids. Even then I don’t think myself an expert to go on insta and chat crap

Don’t get me started on Valentines, Easter, Mother’s Day, Fathers Day, Halloween and every other Americanised excuse of a tit show where you’re pressured and guilt tripped into taking part and buying £300 of cheap tat you’ll never look at again and grinning manically for photos to prove you were a good little sheep and took part. I’m a mum and I’ve had to put my foot down firmly on this because it is INSANE and my children genuinely feel deeply deprived that they don’t get a hand sewn original Halloween costume or that I dont really give a tit about creating hand painted decorative eggs or Easter tree. WHY DO WE HAVE EASTER TREES? No no no no no no no no.
Easter trees and Halloween Eve boxes. Seriously why? Im still on the fence about Christmas Eve boxes tbh. Everything has to be so over the top. Hundreds of pounds on every ‘day’. Even fireworks day is now OTT

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Don’t know if anyone remembers I put on here in the last thread about a fb friend who had a wedding countdown, then a day countdown and then an after marriage count up. Well. ITS STILL GOING ON!! Except they’ve bought a puppy and that’s been added to the posts “4 weeks since we wed babez
and 2 weeks since this cutie joined our family”. Noooooo. I’m going to have to mute it. Drip feeding wedding pics too. 6 identical photos ffs.
....... soon itll be " 4 weeks since we split" , etc 😀 ;) 😅

• Haha
I must admit I do have an Elf atChristmas time, I move the thing, take a photo & send it to the grandkids . No social media brags, they do the same, well they did, they could be over that this year
.hopefully.🙃

Reactions: 7
I must admit I do have an Elf atChristmas time, I move the thing, take a photo & send it to the grandkids . No social media brags, they do the same, well they did, they could be over that this year
.hopefully.🙃
I've no problem with people doing the elf on a shelf, it's the daily posting of the little twit all over facebook in December that I can't bear 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
.hopefully.🙃
It is definitely just the SM presentation and saturation of elf on the shelf et al that wind we up. I don’t mind people enjoying their traditions. I’m not that much of a Scrooge 😆 it’s just when SM intensifies it and distills it into a hyper-reality that doesn’t exist and I simply can’t afford (but mainly I begrudge spending money and effort on đŸ€Ș). It’s toxic. It exhausts me.

Totally agree with the post about social media fatigue. Everything pisses me off about it these days. But I’ve just thought of something else that makes my eye twitch. Women on insta or tik tok who had a baby 2 weeks ago. No experience beforehand. But are suddenly experts. Don’t do this. Don’t do that. Let it do this/that. This is why you mustn’t do this etc. Love, when you’ve had 3 girls under 5, get back to me? And then 6 grandkids. Even then I don’t think myself an expert to go on insta and chat crap

Easter trees and Halloween Eve boxes. Seriously why? Im still on the fence about Christmas Eve boxes tbh. Everything has to be so over the top. Hundreds of pounds on every ‘day’. Even fireworks day is now OTT
whats a Halloween eve box????!!!! WTAF???

We didn’t even acknowledge Halloween as a child. Barely Easter. Definitely never Valentine’s Day. I’m mid 30s. I can’t be the only one that’s seen these holidays go OTT in the last decade? And then there’s all the other little days in between raising ‘awareness’ or ‘sandwich day’ or whatever bollocks they’re trying to sell.

Reactions: 18
The idiots who get they’re poor other half or other poor sod to record a video of them from behind whilst walking, then turning around acting “natural and unaware” of the video, “cutely” smile and turn back round. Usually on a beach or holiday. There’s nothing natural about it and they look like fools 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The idiots who get they’re poor other half or other poor sod to record a video of them from behind whilst walking, then turning around acting “natural and unaware” of the video, “cutely” smile and turn back round. Usually on a beach or holiday. There’s nothing natural about it! 🙄🙄🙄
Used to see people doing shoots like this in the middle of London dodging very angry taxis. They looked like complete prat’s. Sooo funny to watch. Especially when they’re trying to be all breezy and casual with people repeatedly screaming at them to get out of the way.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Anytime someone replies to a funny comment with "you've just made me spit my coffee out". See it all the time here as well, people fake spilling drinks every couple of minutes 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
- People who share every second of their day or tell you what they might do for the day.

- The stay at home mum as their occupation.

- Anniversary or valentines post saying how lucky they are, how they couldn’t imagine life without them etc, usually accompanied by 15 or so pictures of the couple together

- People who upload a picture off all the birthday or Christmas presents they got neatly arranged on a table. Also parents who upload a picture of the pile of presents they’ve got there kids for Christmas or their birthdays, usually followed with can’t wait to see there faces!

- Overly edited selfies before a night out, so edited it dosnt look like the person anymore.

- When people upload 100+ pictures of there day out. Usually there’s about 30 blurry pictures and multiple pictures of the same thing.

- the “feeling sad” post but then don’t reply to anyone.

- People who feel the need to declare their love for there family or other half on every single post even if it has absolutely no relevance

I just hate social media to be honest

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Anytime someone replies to a funny comment with "you've just made me spit my coffee out". See it all the time here as well, people fake spilling drinks every couple of minutes 🙄
I prefer that to the ‘boils my piss’ comments.đŸ€ą

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.