Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Balloon arches for any and every occasion. Would anyone even bother if they weren't thinking about their social media photos?

Reactions: 40
I used to love insta but it sends me over the edge too much these days!

I have some good friends that turn into complete donkeys on insta. Selfies, Tik Toks, multi accounts so they fill my feed with their pets/house/business/personal accounts! Just have one account and be done!
I rarely post these days on any SM because it kills me off. It’s nice to see what people are up to but I also couldn’t GAF in equal measure😂

Seems like everyone has started a new instagram business doing it as well now 🙄
I feel like cottage industries have surged since the lockdowns. Which is fair play to people trying to earn a living when the chips are down. But also an influx of these are peoples second jobs and then all their mates start sharing their pages and filling my feed AGAIN! Some of them are shite too.

Feel like I get a lot off my chest on this thread😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Body/face/beauty-checking on Tiktok (the trends where people use a filter to demonstrate how well they meet a beauty standard - e.g. the inverted filter, filters that emphasise skin imperfections, silhouette filters to check figure/side profile).

Just piss off, I want to laugh, not be made aware of yet another thing i should be worried about

Reactions: 13
Those Jacquemus bags suddenly everyone has 😒

Also, Molly Mae wearing something then all the influencers suddenly become 'obsessed' with it. Let's face it, no one wanted a bottle green dressing gown a few weeks ago

• Haha
Reactions: 16
People with a large platform & lots of followers. Not doing anything useful, helpful or educational with it.

They have so much opportunity to get young people on board with charity, donations, food kitchens, education, mental health awareness, suixide awareness, helplines. But instead they just post half naked, filtered, selfies woth duck pouts & surgery for likes while showing off designer gear

I think facebook & instagram are getting extremely boring & overdonenow. Even youtubers are all posting the same stuff, buying the same items, advertising the same brands. All they want to do is bring out a loungewear range. I wonder how long more these platforms will last before soemthing new comes along.

Everyone.doimg waxmelts as a business.... why bother when they can be got in every shop as it is

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Yes! I actually dread going to the hairdressers because I know they're going to ask for a picture against the flower wall for their social media 😫
I can count on one hand how many times I've been to a proper hairdresser in the last 10 years....I have a friend who does it or I cut it myself so I haven't experienced the "flower wall" personally but I see it all over the place. When did it become a thing to have loads of pics taken at the hairdressers...yay, let's see straggly, frizzy, black roots miraculously transformed into luminous locks expertly styled into waves endlessly 🙄

Reactions: 4
Ha these are the same people that are always complaining about “to many spies on ere” or “sick ov people wanting to no my bizness”
Off topic but why is it always the most boring pathetic cunts who are seriously paranoid about people knowing their business/thinking people are talking about them/actually give a tit about their mundane existence? I know someone who is terrible for this,always thinking people are watching her or are interfering with her business and she goes out of her way to be secretive about every little thing in her life. Truth is she is a benefit cheating lazy bastard with no life outside of buying tacky tit for her house and trying to get her kids diagnosed with all sorts of conditions so they can fund her life through their benefits.

It just baffles me that anyone would think they are so interesting to other people?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
‘My Birth Story’, complete with photos & videos of the entire labour & smiley mum perched up with the umbilical cord draped in a heart shape on her stomach.🤢Is nothing kept private anymore?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
‘My Birth Story’, complete with photos & videos of the entire labour & smiley mum perched up with the umbilical cord draped in a heart shape on her stomach.🤢Is nothing kept private anymore?
Just came on to say that women posting pictures of their baby breastfeeding while they are crying/had been crying (the mum that is,not the baby) to show how hard it is (motherhood in general,no breastfeeding necessarily)just bleeping annoys me. It’s not shedding light on anything new or making the woman relatable,it just makes them look like a bleeping attention seeking arsewipe. Never ever in the many times I cried when I had a newborn did I think about taking a picture and throwing it online. Social media just gives everyone a platform so they get an inflated sense of ego and think anyone gives a tit about what they have to say.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Just came on to say that women posting pictures of their baby breastfeeding while they are crying/had been crying (the mum that is,not the baby) to show how hard it is (motherhood in general,no breastfeeding necessarily)just bleeping annoys me. It’s not shedding light on anything new or making the woman relatable,it just makes them look like a bleeping attention seeking arsewipe. Never ever in the many times I cried when I had a newborn did I think about taking a picture and throwing it online. Social media just gives everyone a platform so they get an inflated sense of ego and think anyone gives a tit about what they have to say.
I agree, it's making a photoshoot out of everything, a bit narcissistic. It's the same for general crying selfies with puffy tearstained face, runny mascara etc, close up to camera... Why post these?

Reactions: 19
I agree, it's making a photoshoot out of everything, a bit narcissistic. It's the same for general crying selfies with puffy tearstained face, runny mascara etc, close up to camera... Why post these?
Also those ‘look at me,I’m pregnant’ photoshoots, mum to be dressed in gran’s lace curtain, clutching the belly & standing out in a field of dead grass or in the ocean. Same with the idiotic milk bath crap, lying in a tub full of sour milk with flowers or petals floating. mum still dressed in the curtain. Hideous.[/QUOTE]

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.