Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone I used to work with posted a selfie on Instagram with her nan in a hospital bed after she had just passed šŸ™ƒ

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
I hope you let the poster know that was completely inappropriate!! I bet if someone had snapped them theyā€™d be kicking off
It was our local newspaper that did it I knew nothing about it until this morning, it was a waste of time on their part, it was a complete none story. The only reason I was queuing as such is because the car in front of me was getting a coffee from the machine.
I suppose ā€˜drivers begin flocking to the pumps amid fuel shortage fearsā€™ whips up more fear than ā€˜drivers go to the petrol station because their cars need fuelā€™.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Slightly off topic but: do they?

I donā€™t drive and use trains or walk to get around. Even in an extreme scenario where petrol was rationed only for the emergency services, delivery vehicles, key workers and so on, I would be pretty fine.
I live in a remote location with no public transport so yes itā€™s very much needed. Iā€™m pretty low on fuel at the moment and drive a seriously thirsty beast so tomorrow Iā€™ll be playing petrol station roulette I guess šŸ™„

Reactions: 6
Our local Facebook group people are always posting about mail theyā€™ve received in error ā€œdoes anyone know xxxxx got their mailā€

fine if they previously lived in your house but often itā€™s been human error and for a different street ā€œcoronation place instead of coronation streetā€. If you canā€™t drop it to the right house stick it back in the postbox

Reactions: 9
Losers who beg for followers so they can get to X thousand. ā€œGUYS, I'm almost on 10k, can you please help me reach that special number šŸ„ŗ?ā€ Post something that makes people want to follow you or buzz off!

C211D832-94F1-42FE-B3AB-9CDA9D85AD7C.jpeg

ETA - and really boring mumsy women posting videos doing boring mumsy stuff with that ā€œbaby Iā€™m a gangster tooā€ song šŸ™„

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
People who post a status of something that happened - and they over exaggerate the events or embellish the details, for attention and likes. You know when you're reading something, and you just know it didn't happen? :rolleyes: cringe.

Reactions: 7
Before lockdown it was people who pose at the airport perching on their designer suitcase wearing their designer tracksuit and designer cap with a full face of make-up. And they will only be sitting in economy class to Spain with the rest of us!

Or photos in airport lounges to make it look like they are flying business class which in fact you can just pay extra to get into. Was great not seeing these photos for a while!

Reactions: 17
People who have a child who are suddenly experts on children.
omg I have a few friends like this on instagram, one who had a baby 9 weeks ago and she is Full of parenting advice and wisdom.

was bragging about her child sleeping through at 9 weeks and if anyone needs advice to msg her šŸ™„

another one who has a 4 month old who is very similar and i just think oh you poor naive souls, you have no idea whats yet to come šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I had a great baby till 6/7 months and iā€™m so glad i didnt mention anything on social media because it sure got tough and I realised I knew nothing

Reactions: 10
People who post a status of something that happened - and they over exaggerate the events or embellish the details, for attention and likes. You know when you're reading something, and you just know it didn't happen? :rolleyes: cringe.
I think I may have mentioned this before on this thread but there is a page on twitter called didn't happen of the year awards and calls people out for things like this šŸ˜† pretty funny

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think I may have mentioned this before on this thread but there is a page on twitter called didn't happen of the year awards and calls people out for things like this šŸ˜† pretty funny
I sometimes laugh at that page but get quite uncomfortable that it almost always targets attractive young woman.

Maybe not the page itself, but it is often weedy men tagging that page in the replies of a semi-viral tweet from an attractive young girl. It is often used as a tool of sexism, in my opinion. As if we should never believe that a woman can have an interesting or funny experience and can post about it online.

Reactions: 5
I sometimes laugh at that page but get quite uncomfortable that it almost always targets attractive young woman.

Maybe not the page itself, but it is often weedy men tagging that page in the replies of a semi-viral tweet from an attractive young girl. It is often used as a tool of sexism, in my opinion. As if we should never believe that a woman can have an interesting or funny experience and can post about it online.
Oh really I don't really read the replies but I'll have a look next time , I'll be honest there has been the odd one where I think it doesn't sound that unrealistic

Countdowns to events no one but the person posting cares about. Even worse when theyā€™re stupidly long: ā€œ465 days until New Yorkā€ or ā€œ899 days until I doā€ šŸ˜’.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
When thereā€™s a clear and easy way to add a maiden name on Facebook yet you still get profiles called Louise Rogers Was Smithson

šŸ™„

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
When thereā€™s a clear and easy way to add a maiden name on Facebook yet you still get profiles called Louise Rogers Was Smithson

šŸ™„
Hahaha and the couples Facebook profile like kel and Wayne smith šŸ˜‚
I have a friend like this and I always ask, is this Kelly or Luke?!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
People who comment things like ā€œI just laughed so hard I woke the sleeping baby upā€ ā€œI laughed so hard I spat my tea outā€ or the golden one I read this morning on my local group was ā€œwalking down my road loudly laughing my head off at this postā€ why so descriptive and why are you lying? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever laughed so much Iā€™ve woken someone or spat my drink out..

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Comments like "you won the Internet today", "that's it, that's the tweet", "go off Queen, as you should!"

• Haha
Reactions: 25
People whoā€™s content is 100% ā€˜activismā€™ of which ever flavour you wish to choose. Obviously itā€™s important but Christ, not every single thing in the world is related back to whichever passion you have (for instance, people who post constantly about how misogyny is to blame for anything and everything).

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.