Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Clicking through Instagram stories where they purposely put a grid picture or a poll right where you would press to skip to the next one. You end up voting on a poll about juice plus and they message you “hi babe I saw you voted on my poll about being interested in my business”

• Haha
Reactions: 18
People who post something on their stories, then their friend reposts it and THEN they repost their friends story.. like WHYYYYY, why do that!?

even worse when its influencers and they repost all their friends posts of their posts 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

immediate unfollow

Reactions: 14
People who obsess over who watches their stories and then passive aggressively calls people out for ‘stalking’ their story but never interacting with any of their grid posts. First of all it’s not stalking if you put it up in public for all your followers to see, secondly you’re not entitled to have people interact with your content, how self absorbed can you be? Maybe they set their phone down and it kept scrolling through everyone’s stories. The people who go on like this really aren’t as interesting and important as they think they are. I often click through people’s stories to get to the next person, the view count means nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
People who will smugly showcase their reusable straw, package-free soap and bamboo cutlery set while commenting on people being 'environmentally unfriendly'...all while taking multiple long haul holidays per year.

And if anyone calls them out on it they say that 'nobody can be 100% environmentally friendly 100% of the time' and then they go right back to complaining about people destroying the planet by buying fruit from the supermarket instead of from an organic, zero waste farmer's market.

Reactions: 20
People who will smugly showcase their reusable straw, package-free soap and bamboo cutlery set while commenting on people being 'environmentally unfriendly'...all while taking multiple long haul holidays per year.

And if anyone calls them out on it they say that 'nobody can be 100% environmentally friendly 100% of the time' and then they go right back to complaining about people destroying the planet by buying fruit from the supermarket instead of from an organic, zero waste farmer's market.
Hypocrites. They all are , with a Capital H ....

Reactions: 1
People asking for medical advice. People asking for advice but drip feeding the story.

Reactions: 8
People having a go at others for being worried about putting their heating on through winter due to the price rises. They seem to think that because central heating wasn’t a thing 100 years ago and that ‘we managed then’ (lots more people died because of the cold back then but they like to ignore this), people should just shut up and put a jumper on when actually, it’s a legitimate concern for many households. No one wants to sit smothered in blankets and still freezing their tits off. The extra washing from wearing so many layers won’t help the bills either.

Honestly can’t be arsed with the whole ‘keep calm and carry on’ attitude that stems from the war. It’s not relevant to today’s way of living. It just results in the public being treated like mugs by the government because we never complain.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
The moaning. My friend is a rain cloud of doom honestly she could have the best day In the world and her Facebook status would still be 'fcked of' (because she also can't spell!) And her moans when she tries to call people out then deletes with in minutes.

Reactions: 7
“Anyone know the number for …” “anyone know when ….. opens”

• Haha
Reactions: 20
People having a go at others for being worried about putting their heating on through winter due to the price rises. They seem to think that because central heating wasn’t a thing 100 years ago and that ‘we managed then’ (lots more people died because of the cold back then but they like to ignore this), people should just shut up and put a jumper on when actually, it’s a legitimate concern for many households. No one wants to sit smothered in blankets and still freezing their tits off. The extra washing from wearing so many layers won’t help the bills either.

Honestly can’t be arsed with the whole ‘keep calm and carry on’ attitude that stems from the war. It’s not relevant to today’s way of living. It just results in the public being treated like mugs by the government because we never complain.
They can p*ss off & get stuffed. Ill set my heating to wherever I like . When they pay my bill , they they can express comment. Until then, they can mind their own. 😎😎😀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

Reminds of this sketch -

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have a girl on insta who on the 1st of every month does a grid post which says “Hello October” then she does a rundown of all the things she was grateful for in the month prior. It’s early so she’s not done her October one yet but I’m predicting something along the lines of this…

1633066357459.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I might have said it before but it's still annoying me - people calling celebrities 'mom' in comments on their social media posts - I even just saw one saying 'mommy' - it turns my stomach.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I have a girl on insta who on the 1st of every month does a grid post which says “Hello October” then she does a rundown of all the things she was grateful for in the month prior. It’s early so she’s not done her October one yet but I’m predicting something along the lines of this…

View attachment 789147
My insta is full of this today!

• Haha
Reactions: 4

View attachment 789147
It's that, or the Anne of Green Gables quote, when they've never read the book! Hahahaha!

What’s starting to get to me is the constant bashing of opinions that aren’t ‘woke’, the guilt I feel for having an opinion that I know I’d get absolutely slated for because of cancel culture is weighing heavily on me! Doesn’t help that everyone piles on, even people that don’t even understand the original opinion. I’m not even talking like really devisive stuff, an example, everyone piling on to Daniel Craig for saying James Bond shouldn’t be a woman. First of all, that’s not what he said, but secondly, even if he did say that, there is nothing wrong with it??? I mean come for me if you like haha but that’s just my opinion!
I feel unable to express myself because I’m not ‘woke’

• Heart
Reactions: 31
What’s starting to get to me is the constant bashing of opinions that aren’t ‘woke’, the guilt I feel for having an opinion that I know I’d get absolutely slated for because of cancel culture is weighing heavily on me! Doesn’t help that everyone piles on, even people that don’t even understand the original opinion. I’m not even talking like really devisive stuff, an example, everyone piling on to Daniel Craig for saying James Bond shouldn’t be a woman. First of all, that’s not what he said, but secondly, even if he did say that, there is nothing wrong with it??? I mean come for me if you like haha but that’s just my opinion!
I feel unable to express myself because I’m not ‘woke’
I hear ya! I am so careful what I say because literally everything offends someone. I am cautious of even reacting to posts with a like or heart, because the cancel culture is so crazy!

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.