Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Meangirl815

VIP Member
Everything tbh.

I've been slowly losing interest but now i feel done with the whole thing. It's so toxic.

My fb is full of perfect people and their perfect families or those who hate the world and overshare every.single.detail.of.their.lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Them posts that say ‘THESE INITIALS NEED A HOLIDAY TOGETHER’ then it’s like A+D so Ashleigh tags Danielle like ‘omg babe’ then Danielle replies like ‘omg let’s do it babe 🏝

or posts that say ‘OFFICIAL LIST OF ANGRIEST GIRLS’ And Mary is on the the list so Mary shares with a caption saying ‘so true :p

posts saying ‘your second @ is pregnant’ so Michelle tags Jenny saying ‘omg when were you gonna tell me lol :p

and posts that say ‘your first @S owes you a Mcdonalds’ So Mary tags Sharon saying ‘you getting me some cheesy bites bbe xx’

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Pumpkin Spice

Balloon arches for any and every occasion. Would anyone even bother if they weren't thinking about their social media photos?

Reactions: 40

Heffalump

VIP Member
*stretches fingers over keyboard

People who post vague crap with any of the following - Stay Tuned/Big News Coming/Can't wait to tell you all.
People who for no reason post a little montage of their partner thanking them for being them. And you know they are both pieces of shit. Sub cat of this would be any "my life/my whole world".
People who post something very impressive or beautiful and do the "state of me" or "I only managed to run 54 miles this morning as was feeling a bit off"
People who set up SM pages for their pets.
People who jump on bandwagons about things they don't understand and that don't involve them, whilst doing literally nothing to actually support the cause in real life.
People who post "cute" photos of their baby/toddler/kid literally covered in food/milk/chocolate/snot - :sick:

People who overly format their piece of shit post with fonts and colours and make it all look so "fancy"

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Totally agree with what’s being said about how every day becomes this huge thing. I fully believe social media has directly caused this because of the way people feel the need to show off and one up each other on there. I’m fine with people having what ever traditions they like, it’s the saturation and competing over social media that sours it. People can never just enjoy things anymore. Things that start off as a nice idea turn into a pissing contest on social media. Christmas Eve boxes for example, I can see the appeal. Some new pyjamas, hot chocolate sachet, maybe a new bedtime story. Seems like a lovely way to wind down on Christmas Eve evening. But of course it never stays modest, some kids are getting actual presents included in these boxes now too. Usually cheap Xmas tat that they will never look at again. And chocolate when they’ll be getting loads of chocolate literally tomorrow. It’s all so excessive.

I swear growing up the biggest and most anticipated days of the year were Christmas Day and your own birthday. I got chocolate eggs at Easter but there was no big fanfare like there is today, my kids get money from relatives for Easter. I never got money for Easter! Halloween barely even registered with me as my family weren’t into it at all and I hated dressing up in costumes. Now it feels like you have to “go big” with every little day otherwise your kids are missing out, it’s exhausting to watch and even worse if you participate yourself.

Someone on my social media gave their kid a present and a card because it was their first ever day of school. I get wanting to build confidence in your child, but I feel like doing this kind of thing gives your kid the expectation that they will get a material ‘reward’ for every little thing.

My kids got told I was proud of them along with a big hug on their first day of school. Isn’t that enough???

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
when non famous mums that I follow on Instagram do random ads for vitamins/shampoo/baby changing bags and call themselves a mummy blogger in their profiles. You’re just a regular mum like the rest of us babe! Proper puts me off posting just simple pictures now
A girl I went to school with labels herself a Food Blogger because she has an Instagram page of her trips to Costa and Starbucks etc with #supportlocal.

Apparently she went to our local steak restaurant and asked if they wanted to collab I think that translates as she wanted a freebie meal for a post and the owner turned around and said “ no thanks you spell steak as stake”

• Haha

DinosaursLayEggs

Seen a couple of people lately post on Instagram that they have some news to share, but then don’t share it for over 24 hours and when they do, it turns out they bought a dog/cat. No one gives a shit, but also, you aren’t an influencer to be making people wait for your shitty news

• Haha

jamiegirl

People with a large platform & lots of followers. Not doing anything useful, helpful or educational with it.

They have so much opportunity to get young people on board with charity, donations, food kitchens, education, mental health awareness, suixide awareness, helplines. But instead they just post half naked, filtered, selfies woth duck pouts & surgery for likes while showing off designer gear

I think facebook & instagram are getting extremely boring & overdonenow. Even youtubers are all posting the same stuff, buying the same items, advertising the same brands. All they want to do is bring out a loungewear range. I wonder how long more these platforms will last before soemthing new comes along.

Everyone.doimg waxmelts as a business.... why bother when they can be got in every shop as it is

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Hodgies

Chatty Member
I follow loads of house renovation accounts on Instagram and sick of seeing people being offensively rude about the people who owned the house before them.

Lots of us have moved into houses where people have done botch job DIY or they just haven't maintained the house very well but often, a house is just dated and in need of modernisation or to have the layout changed to make it more suited to modern living. I'm seeing people ranting about hideous wallpaper/cladding on walls/crazy paving in the garden as if previous owners are the stupidest people on the planet when it's just a matter of taste and fashion.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Hospital check ins 🙄

Followed by ‘Hope you’re OK!’ And ‘I’ll PM you’ Fuck off and get well - if you were that ill you wouldn’t be posting on SM!
I know someone who checks into hospital on FB when she takes her kid to a routine Outpatients appointment. Whhhhy?

• Haha

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Friends I know who are in debt, flaunting their lifestyle on Facebook and Instagram. You are well over 20k in debt to high interest loans and dealers yet you and your coke head and drug dealing boyfriend are flaunting that you have bought your child a 200 euro outfit that they’ll grow out of in an hour.

Don’t come looking to me when collectors are at your door x

• Heart
  • Haha

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
People who assume that because you don’t post about your mental health issues on social media, it means you aren't or haven’t been struggling. No, I just like to keep things somewhat private, I can’t think of anything worse than random people that I know but not spoken to in ages knowing about my dodgy mental health. If I had asthma I wouldn’t feel the need to tell everyone about it unless relevant to the situation. I see my depression and anxiety in the same way. If others want to do things differently then I have no issue with that, raising awareness is always a good thing. It’s the assumptions I can’t stand, the whole “if you don’t post it on socials then it never happened” mentality. Not everyone spills their entire life on social media, and most of what you see on social media is fake bullshit anyway.

• Heart

LeighBee

Probably already been mentioned but I loathe gender reveals. The balloon pops, blue confetti, cue elated screeching from everyone present. Same if it’s pink. I just don’t get it. I would love to be a party planner and put green confetti in one of those damn black balloons. That would be worth watching.

• Haha

Cady1954

VIP Member
I hate social media so much that's why I spend two-thirds of my life moaning about it. My pet peeves? here we go

People posting pics of their Sunday dinners. Fuck off I hope you choke on it
Women over 50 giving make up tutorials. Fuck off again, Im 60 so if I want to look at a wrinkly old woman I'll look in the mirror thanks very much
People over the age of 3 who wear pom pom hats and describe food as yummy. Grow up.
#bekind once again Fuck off you hypocrites
People wishing dead people 'A heavenly happy birthday' I have no words
Balloon releases in respect of the above #poorwildlife
Fat women (Im one myself so don't all come at me) being body positive whilst ramming cream cakes down their neck. Its not funny or clever.
Pimping your kids out on Instagram for a few likes. See below for some offenders
Stacey Soloman
Hinch
Jake Quickenden
Katie Hayes
Lauren Goodger
Rochelle Humes
Kate Lawler
The list is endless

Any way Im off to bed cos Im knackered. Night Tattlers

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

justapossum

People who would shag the winter season if it was a person.
It's the end of September, and I've already seen people post about watching Christmas movies and wearing Christmas pyjamas :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 33