Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm really just so sick of ads these days, I report a lot of them.

People running business instas complaining about their workload and how hard their job is to do. Your business insta is for showing off your product, not for moaning about how hard you've got it. It just comes across as so unprofessional.

Birth announcement posts make me cringe so bad.
It's always "Welcome to the world Neveah India Summer Ray... You are so loved already you have become my whole world I couldn't imagine my life without you. (Other Half) is already proving to be the best daddy in the world." alright the baby has been out your vag 2 mins 🙄

And then cue the besties all saying "So glad the secret is finally out 🙌🏻"

Similarly, women who have tit like "Mummy to Evie-Mai and Jayden ❤" in their bio... Bets on what MLM they are a part of.
Hahahahahaaaa, " Neveah India Summer Ray" 😅😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sick of people going on about stupid geek/elf bars like nobody cares if it's ran out noone cares if you cant go all day without it. Good for u now get an actual personality x

When someone (including supposed friends who you've known for years) can't be bothered to look at how you actually spell your name whilst replying to you.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Every time one of my twentysomething female friends starts posting much much more on Facebook, I can almost guarantee before even clicking on their profile that they have recently become single.

It’s especially jarring when people go from “in a six year long relationship with one or two posts per month” to “single with three selfies, two inspirational quote shares and 15 comment tags of BFFs on unfunny viral memes per day” within the space of a few days.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
"It's OK not to be OK", and other one-liners to make people look like they care about the wellbeing of others. Where are you then? Where are you when I have spent years listening to your pathetic relationship woes and now I am having an actual breakdown?

Soz. Ha.

Also I don't care if your kid has gone up a shoe size.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This is an old classic - a local newspaper Sadface story!

I refuse to believe that a 12 year old (or any young girl tbh) has hips of such Kardashian-like proportions, she can’t fit into any pleated skirt.

What I suspect they’re trying to argue is all the skirts she tries that fit her hips are too big on the waist. Well, so bleeping what? That happens to lots of women with pear or hourglass figures 🤷‍♀️

The school even offered to pay for a skirt to be tailored to fit and the parents still aren’t happy.

All the parents are doing is teaching their kid to fight against authority and demand her own way all the time. Good luck in the workplace!

Headteacher for Brookvale Groby Learning Campus, Will Teece, said: "The school has had the same uniform policy for many years, we've provided the family with a skirt, offered to take them to the shops, and offered to have it tailored - but it simply seems like she doesn't want to wear the skirt.

"We've got 1,500 other students who have not had any issues with their uniform and have settled well into the start of the new academic year.
If my parents had been splashed all over the local newspaper holding up two skirts with their best compo face basically telling everyone I had massive hips I’d never of spoken to them again. Bet she got some stick Monday morning. I wonder when the hairstyle one will appear?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Whenever there’s an article about a celeb/z lister and there’s negative comments and there is always someone who comments ‘whatever happened to be kind!!!!’

• Haha
Reactions: 18
People who start a diet and post their results weekly “5lbs off this week” (but no posts when they gain or stay the same!)

No one actually cares 🤣

Funnily enough it goes quiet after a while then the posts start up again a few months down the line …

• Haha
Reactions: 14
People who go shopping, usually in Aldi, Lidl or B&M, then take a photo of all of the cheap crap that they've bought, post it online, and call it a "haul". What is that all about? You've been shopping for bog rolls, Tunnocks teacakes and cleaning stuff, are we supposed to be impressed? 🙄

Oh...and those middle-aged women who say they are a "witch", and post unscientific wibble about the "Reviving energy of the light of the Full Moon", or "Feed your soul, not just your body", along with a pic of their crystal collection. 🤮🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 26
People who go shopping, usually in Aldi, Lidl or B&M, then take a photo of all of the cheap crap that they've bought, post it online, and call it a "haul". What is that all about? You've been shopping for bog rolls, Tunnocks teacakes and cleaning stuff, are we supposed to be impressed? 🙄
The worst ones are the ones who think they’re sooo quirky and hilarious because they went to B&M for washing up liquid and they “slipped” and accidentally spent £200 on tat. They didn’t need to probably even want/will use.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
As with all these kinds of stories, it includes the mandatory mental health quote:

"She has issues with her anxiety at the best of times and this really isn't helping"

Neither is putting her name, school and a story about her large hips in the local papers, thanks mum and dad 🙄🤯
Is anyone on here familiar with the FB group, "Angry people in local newspapers"? As they would say..."Won't wear the correct skirt? Home you go!" 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Children’s photos on social media, back to school, at the beach( hand on hip pointy toe), kids in active wear.
Save these for your family thanks.

Reactions: 7

Oh...and those middle-aged women who say they are a "witch", and post unscientific wibble about the "Reviving energy of the light of the Full Moon", or "Feed your soul, not just your body", along with a pic of their crystal collection. 🤮🤮
They undoubtedly have long wiry dyed red hair that’s grown out so much there’s like a rulers worth of roots showing and their kids don’t speak to them anymore

• Haha
Reactions: 5
People who copy influencers and start posting their Huel smoothie tumbler things and show a video of themselves shaking up their smoothies like a cocktail. You are not an influencer hun, you've just bought overpriced gym leggings and smoothie products trying to emulate your favourite influencer.

People who wiggle their "bubble butt" to the camera, in too tight leggings.

Also a certain extended family member of mine who posts one or two self marketing posts about their new boss babe venture, only to have no engagement or bookings, disappears for 6 months then comes back with a different venture with twee girl boss quotes "she could, so she did" type stuff, then no engagement or bookings then disappears, returns, something new etc 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The worst ones are the ones who think they’re sooo quirky and hilarious because they went to B&M for washing up liquid and they “slipped” and accidentally spent £200 on tat. They didn’t need to probably even want/will use.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who finds it irritating. If someone is able to unexpectedly spend £200 in B&m, money isn't a major concern for them. The vloggers who do this annoy me, because they clearly don't think of their followers who maybe struggling and will still spend money they can't afford. I know their viewers are accountable for their own actions, but being a vlogger/influencer puts them in a position to use their platforms for good and not to brag. Sorry for the ramble, I just feel too many greedy people use social media for everything but good

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Haven’t seen it yet but I know we will have an influx of basic witches copying kylie jenners second pregnancy announcement 🙄

so many copied her first video, 4 on my following list alone (not influencers) 🤢 they got unfollowed immediately 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 8
On groups I’m in people always post ‘what are you having for lunch/dinner’ and proceed to post their horrible looking food. Like this one for example

AEDCB9C6-50ED-47F4-91AD-9A330EBDD06E.jpeg

Why would you show off your food if it looks like that 😅 it looks like sick. Glad I’m not at their house for dinner anyways 😅

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
On groups I’m in people always post ‘what are you having for lunch/dinner’ and proceed to post their horrible looking food. Like this one for example

View attachment 751807
Why would you show off your food if it looks like that 😅 it looks like sick. Glad I’m not at their house for dinner anyways 😅
There's a few groups I'm in who do this, sometimes I look at the pictures and wonder if they've let their 3 Yr old cook dinner, they're always so proud of it. I often wonder why so many adults need the approval and recognition of complete strangers.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.