Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you go to watch someone’s stories and get deafened by screaming because they’re drunk and ‘out out’ on the town.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
There was one yesterday and literally it’s just pages and pages scroll upon scroll of the day
I just couldn’t do it
Why does a bloody funeral need to be all over social media
It’s just so distasteful

Just to note that I get people grieve in different ways but never would it cross my mind to broadcast and put so many pictures and videos of my close relative all over social media and more to the point why they think we want to see it
Strangers or people who don’t even say hello to you if they saw you in town seeing it all
The live stream thing is fine because of covid etc or people/family who can’t make it if they live far away or poor health etc
That’s not my problem
All of the above is
Trigger warning death of a child, cancer

On the reverse I find the perverse grief mafia on social media really scary. The biggest example being Azaylia Cain (RIP) I feel so sorry for her parents because on the Q&As on Saff’s page so many people really cross boundaries asking tit about their relationship, if/when they’ll have another? duck off leave them be!

The worst was seeing that woman who turned up to Saff’s place of work with a tattoo, like ffs? She’s doing amazingly to even be thinking of starting work and life again, she doesn’t really need reminding of her grief by some sick super fan? It’s so bleeping odd.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve a friend on fb who got married 2 weeks ago. From the moment she got engaged it was “6 months until I’m Mrs …” “only 5 months until I walk down the aisle”. Then the few weeks before it was in days “22 days etc”. Then hours. After she got married I thought at least that’s over now. Nope how wrong I was. “4 hours since” “3 days since I became Mrs…”. I’m now at “a fortnight since I said “I do”. Was surprised I didn’t get “6 hours since we shagged”. I’m thinking of unfriending 🙃
That’s pissing me off and I’m not even their friend 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Trigger warning death of a child, cancer

On the reverse I find the perverse grief mafia on social media really scary. The biggest example being Azaylia Cain (RIP) I feel so sorry for her parents because on the Q&As on Saff’s page so many people really cross boundaries asking tit about their relationship, if/when they’ll have another? duck off leave them be!

The worst was seeing that woman who turned up to Saff’s place of work with a tattoo, like ffs? She’s doing amazingly to even be thinking of starting work and life again, she doesn’t really need reminding of her grief by some sick super fan? It’s so bleeping odd.
That’s gross.

But it’s sort of inevitable, going by how much they made their lives public and provided updates every step of the way as their baby was dying. It made me feel really uncomfortable. I know they wanted to raise a ton of money for overseas treatment (why do so many unscrupulous doctors offer false hope when a child is so sick?) but the flip side of that is you attract thousands of grief tourists who feel overly invested in your life.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Adverts like the one below...

I love dogs, but if your dog is at the point of killing multiple domestic animals then it is too dangerous to rehome.

Screenshot 2021-08-15 13.07.59.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
People who upload pics of their kids but cover their faces or only show the back of their head. Just don’t put pics of them up in the first place if you’re that worried about their privacy. So weird, they want to respect their kids privacy but still want to brag about them on social media. You can’t really have it both ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
People who upload pics of their kids but cover their faces or only show the back of their head. Just don’t put pics of them up in the first place if you’re that worried about their privacy. So weird.
💯 is a form of attention seeking

Reactions: 10
People who upload pics of their kids but cover their faces or only show the back of their head. Just don’t put pics of them up in the first place if you’re that worried about their privacy. So weird, they want to respect their kids privacy but still want to brag about them on social media. You can’t really have it both ways.
this! I don’t agree with overexposure of kids on social media but the emoji over the face or the back of the head shot is more attention seeking in my mind. ‘Look at me,I don’t expose MY kids like those other celebs/influencers’. It just looks like they are looking down their noses at other parents and it’s so unnecessary.

Reactions: 15
I follow someone on Instagram who's account is all about activities you can do with children. She posts photos of them doing the activities but obscures their faces and refers to them as Mr 4 and Mr 6. She could still post the activities without including her children, if the privacy is really an issue.

Reactions: 10
My friend checks in at the gym 5 times a week. She puts 3 sweat emojis as the title. Every.single.time.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Yeah they weird flower one they all use give me the creeps.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.