Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sick of everyone posting a picture of their ass in a bikini when they're kneeling and arse is on their feet or sitting on the edge of a swimming pool
By bikini do you mean that disgusting bit of string stuck in their arse crack?🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Ahhhhhh I understand now :ROFLMAO: sorry for being thick!
Haha I thought the same as you i thought it was a bit rude that one got a cute emoji and the other got a scrawl lol

On Facebook Marketplace posts, when people comment “ohh please can I have this for my disabled / autistic etc son”

Why not just say simply your son or daughter 🤷🏼‍♀️

I always think it makes them sound like they’re after a freebie or something
I remember having a load of clothes and just put them on gumtree for free and I swear the amount of sob stories I got about so and so’s daughter just being made homeless and really needing some stuff or another persons daughter just having a baby and not being able to afford to spend on herself etc. I will never post anything for free again after that!

on a similar note,and not really social media but I hate when you something on gumtree for sale and someone messages to see if it’s still available and you reply (pretty promptly) to advise that is is still for sale and then you never bloody hear from them again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Haha I thought the same as you i thought it was a bit rude that one got a cute emoji and the other got a scrawl lol

I remember having a load of clothes and just put them on gumtree for free and I swear the amount of sob stories I got about so and so’s daughter just being made homeless and really needing some stuff or another persons daughter just having a baby and not being able to afford to spend on herself etc. I will never post anything for free again after that!

on a similar note,and not really social media but I hate when you something on gumtree for sale and someone messages to see if it’s still available and you reply (pretty promptly) to advise that is is still for sale and then you never bloody hear from them again.
This!!!! Even if you messaged by mistake or genuinely changed your mind, at least just say so!! It’s so annoying. It’s not like we’re going to send a mob out demanding they buy it

Reactions: 7
This!!!! Even if you messaged by mistake or genuinely changed your mind, at least just say so!! It’s so annoying. It’s not like we’re going to send a mob out demanding they buy it
I had people who promised that they would come and pick up at certain time and failed to turn up or reply.

Reactions: 5
Probably repeating something that's already been said, but people who ask 'does anyone have the number for/know what time opens' . Have people never heard of Google?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I am so close to deleting my Facebook account, the only thing I use it for is Messenger for local hobby group stuff.
I am seriously considering it.

Reactions: 9
I am so close to deleting my Facebook account, the only thing I use it for is Messenger for local hobby group stuff.
I did for three months at the start of the year. After the first month, I don't miss it. I did reactivate my account, but I'm starting to regret it again. I do use it to sell stuff on, but the rest of it just winds me up.

Reactions: 6
I say just o it!

I deleted mine in 2017 - never looked back. It's toxic and obsolete.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
People saying the word gammon. They say it completely unprompted now too and think they're being so clever and witty. I'm not someone who thinks gammon is racist term but I do find it a deeply unpleasant insult, mainly because of how totally unconstructive it is.

Meanwhile, the Karen meme just makes me feel absolutely awful for people who have that name.

Reactions: 13
People saying the word gammon. They say it completely unprompted now too and think they're being so clever and witty. I'm not someone who thinks gammon is racist term but I do find it a deeply unpleasant insult, mainly because of how totally unconstructive it is.

Meanwhile, the Karen meme just makes me feel absolutely awful for people who have that name.
Agreed , both

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Just really easy and lazy ways to try and close a discussion. See also, "snowflake" and "suck it up, buttercup". 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 15

A bit like Nigel must have felt, with all the ‘you’re such a Nigel’, Nigel no friends. Sad & nasty.

Racist people suddenly pretend to care about “homeless people” and started chanting “charity starts from home”

Reactions: 17
I think I've said it before, but people who blatantly only post food pictures when they've made something "healthy" and aesthetically pleasing. These people usually only post 1 or 2 food pics a week so you know rightly that in between that gorge smoothie bowl pic and nicely sliced avocado, they are eating potato waffles and beans.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
LinkedIn again (I seriously need to consider staying away from it):

"I’ve just bought a house"

That's the extent of the post. Is this one liner post really necessary? Congrats to the new home owner, but how is it relevant on LinkedIn? It's not FB.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
This seems to be doing the rounds at the moment 🤨
"Kidney beans on the doorstep" must be the new "chalk mark on the gatepost".

I'm sure neighbourhood watch groups set all these up to hold people's interest 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.